“Fried Calamari is the Bomb!”

Doogers Seafood & Grill
Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Scappoose, Oregon, United States
“Fried Calamari is the Bomb!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Doogers in Long Beach is a great Seafood restaurant - warm and friendly staff. Much of their menu is very good quality, but the fried calamari is the best I've had at any seafood restaurant! The calamari is cut into long strips with no "tentacles", so my kids are not turned off by the looks and can enjoy it too. It was great for them to try something new, and now they want to go back and have it every time!

• Visited July 2013

Libby, Montana
“Mmmm...Seafood!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Nice, clean restaurant! Staff was friendly and good service. I was slightly put off by the fact that my dinner salad came with a scoop of salad shrimp on top and I am allergic. I just scooped them off and gave them to my daughter! ;) I had the Fish and Chips, which was good I just wished the fish was bigger pieces and the french fries were shoestring size. Not exactly what I had in mind, but it was very good. My daughter had the Seafood Fettuccine and had no complaints. Little on the spendy side but some of the seafood, like my Fish and Chips, was at Market Price.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Snochik127
Bemidji
“Quality staff and great food!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is nice and the restaurant seemed to be a local hangout, the kind of place we look for. The service was excellent, everybody treated us so well - a super friendly staff, not just our server. Our target for the evening was seafood, and we were very pleased with our meal. We tried a variety and everything was prepared very well and all was super tasty! We especially loved the shrimp and oysters! The chowder is a thin base, not thick and gooey, and it was made with fresh clams - yum!

• Visited August 2013
Yakima, United States
“Did not live up to its reputation”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The service was average, and the place felt sticky. The prices were equivalent to an upscale restaurant in downtown Seattle, but obviously it's not! It took forever to get more than water, and the waitress smelled like cigarette smoke. The food came out so hot it took a good ten minutes to let it cool down to the point of being able to taste the food. By then the food was soggy from the excess heat. However, the chicken fettuccine was delicious! Something is wrong when the poultry is better than the seafood! When paying for the meal the hostess at the cash register did not seem happy to be taking my money. I will not be trying this place again.

Visited August 2013
“Really good food”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I could have eaten every meal at Doogers. The starter salad comes with fresh shrimp on top. Yum! I ordered grilled salmon. It was nicely seasoned and not overcooked. The other order was a combination plate cooked how you want it. The batter was light and not greasy. I will definitely eat at this location again.

• Visited July 2013