Long Beach isn't the easiest place to reach from Seattle, but it is worth the drive. The peninsula is a very special place, especially in the natural setting and wildlife on both the ocean and bay sides. I loved our afternoon visit to Oysterville, which is one of the oldest settled towns in the state. And the seafood here - oysters, clams, crabs - is incomparable.
Lighthouse Resort has a beautiful setting and the ocean front units are arranged in a ziggurat so every unit has a view. The second floor view is a bit better since it sees over the dunes to the ocean, but the first floor is fine too, and a less expensive rate.
The unit was comfortable, particularly the bed and bed linens. The management needs, however, to monitor closely the upkeep of the unit. There were burn marks on the kitchen counter (perhaps recent), the light bulbs could be brighter, and the heating fixtures look worn. There were two mediocre pictures in the living room but the bedroom was a bit stark without anything on the walls. This critique is more a future admonition, since if they don't keep the room appointments updated, the unit quality could decline in future seasons (fix the kitchen counter burn marks!).
Service at the check-in side was excellent, and the Saturday late afternoon wine and cheese social was an unexpected treat. But service for the unit was a bit spotty. Some kitchen items were strangely supplied - like only a single placemat and only three forks. We requested additional towels but were told they were low on the supply and none were provided. They could use fluffier towels too. Again, these are mild warning signs and easily corrected by the resort. Overall, this was a fine accommodation, but the units needs a little tender living care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort is located in Long Beach, Washington and offers 1, 2, and 3 bedroom oceanfront townhouses as well as rustic ridge cottages. For 50 years people have been vacationing here, enjoying spectacular ocean views, modern amenities, and comfortable accommodations ideal for weekend getaways, group events and corporate meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Oceanfront Hotel Long Beach
- Lighthouse Oceanfront Long Beach