“Good Mexican Food”

El Compadre Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 42 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 September 2013

1st time to this restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. Service was very quick, and food was good. My wife said her Cheese Enchiladas were very good. My Chicken Carnitas were also very tasty. We will be back when we are at Long Beach and have a yen for Mexican food.

There are newer reviews for El Compadre Restaurant

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Service is great and quick. Average mexican food. Nothing special. Large portions though. Go North of town to find.

2  Thank Lookingforsun4
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We had lunch today at El Compadre. I had a cheese enchilada and a taco; my husband ordered chile relleno. Really very tasty and served with rice and beans. Very generous portion. The chips were homemade as was the salsa - not too spicy but just enough zing. Good selection of Mexican beers. Decor is wonderful with bright traditional Mexican colors. Service was very good. Also, Mexican music playing - very atmospheric. We will go back often.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

They need help. The only reason why I did not rate them with a terrible, was because my husband thought his dinner was edible. He had a taco that did have meat, but not even have a hint of meat, that you could taste. He did not eat the taco. I ordered chicken asda, with relleno. The chicken was so try that I would not even take it home to my dogs. The relleno, was like eating rubber. The owner came up to me to let me know they had been selling that dish all night and this was the first one that was sent back. I guess they did not have taste buds, or just felt they needed to eat poorly made food. They did take my meal off our check, but the damage was done and we will not be back.

3  Thank Becky S
Reviewed 17 May 2013

El Compadre is a welcome, cozy, bright, clean, enrichment to the often damp and dull peninsula neighborhood. They serve a fresh, moderately spicy home-made salsa that begins to reawaken taste buds from routine dormancy in the off-season but still piquant enough to satisfy visiting Southwesterners. Need to read menu carefully, some items are prepared a bit differently than is usual for U.S. Mexican food (example: There are mushrooms in Fajitas and some other dishes). The staff is ready to assist with substitutions and modifications upon request. Enchilada red sauce and guacamole are both flavorful but mild. If you have friends or family members that complain that Mexican food is too hot, this is a really good place to get them to try new entrees without worrying about the Scoville ratings.