“We felt like home at now"Our Place at the Beach Motel"”

and 1 more site!
Our Place at the Beach
Ranked #5 of 7 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“We felt like home at now"Our Place at the Beach Motel"”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We were looking for a clean, quiet low key accommodation close to the the beach and D-town to relax for a few days.
I read a very good reviews on trip advisor and made a reservation over the phone.
When I spoke to Sue she immediately made me feel like home.
"Our Place at the Beach Motel" met all our expectations ...and more.
Owners of the Motel Scott and Sue(who are always at the location)were very warm and attentive, so as their dog Mocha...:)
Our studio room was impeccably clean, overlooking a sweet nature scene.
Everything we needed was there.
More over- after our long morning and evening walks at the Beach( that is very close to the Motel itself) we enjoyed relaxing at a very clean and spacious jacuzzi tabs with a cedar walled dry sauna that are a part of the property.
Exercises room has an excellent brand new equipment.
Very easy, short walk to D-town, Discovery trail and the Board walk.
We asked for a late check out, so we could spent a few more hours there...
We already miss it and want to go back as soon as we'll get chance.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elena315

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The room was clean, everything worked, bed ok along with the linens which were clean. Offers more then other comparable hotels in area. Staff attentive. The place overall is older and while nothing is falling apart it needs more work done outside which the current owners seem to be doing. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Timothy M
Montesano, Washington
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I really loved staying here, the manager was very nice and though I didn't bring my dog, I could have. My room was scrupulously clean and very comfortable. The furnishings are well used however I was not bothered by dust (which can sometimes bother me). I will definitely stay here again. I liked it's location and ambience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bkschueler
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We loved that we could bring our dogs and wasn't too far from downtown. Price was reasonable. Managers were
very helpful and friendly. We did wish for some sort of fan as least since their is no air conditioning, but it cooled off layer at night.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank nattbrisviskar
Renton, Wa.
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We came here because of two prior visits. Last stay before this was several years ago. The rooms were just ok. Staff was very nice.The overall facility needs the rooms to be remodeled. Our bathroom was really worn out. kept clean but dingy from use. The outside looks like it has been painted. No A/C for our room. It was very hot during our stay you can only vent with windows. I will look to another place in the future that is more up to date.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank grayback
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed at "Our Place..." because a group of friends were staying there, and based on our research, it was exactly what we expected. If you expect reasonable prices, attentive owners, cleanliness in the rooms, and a decent sleep...you got it. If you expect ocean views, plush beds, updated amenities, HD televisions, etc...you're not getting it. I probably would not stay here if it were not for my friends because I'm typically not a motel guy. However, I slept great, the rooms were cleaned very well, and sometimes getting to know the owners of a place and feeling welcomed is worth a little paint missing in the "hallways". You might be able to do better for $100 per night in this area, and I know you could do worse!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Schlag611
Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We picked this motel because of the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor, and we were disappointed. The motel is run down with horrifically dirty hallways, peeling paint, and a run down feel of a place that has not been renovated in 30 years. The breakfast is mediocre coffee, muffins and fruit. And it's a full half mile hike to the beach....Not a "place on the beach." There were loud people partying in the parking lot. On the upside, it's true that this is a basically clean motel inside the rooms, even if they're badly outdated. All told, this is a passable place to crash for the night, but it's not a place you'd want to hang out, and not worth the over $100 a night cost.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family