“Great fish & chips!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Idaho
“Great fish & chips!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Looking for a place to have fish & chips & clam chowder, stumbled on this place and it was awesome!! Friendly fast service!!

Republic, Washington
“will not go back again”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Have been coming to long beach for the last 5 years for spring clam digging. Have eaten at the Crab Pot every time and this was the worst it has ever been. Last year had a really nice dinner in the bar with my husband and the food was great!! This year the whole atmosphere has changed and we felt like we should have been ordering at McDonalds. Ordered steamer clams which were okay but not the best. Service was poor for the price you pay for the food that is served in plastic baskets and paper bowls you would expect a little more customer service. Also, they do not have the bar anymore and the "server" told us that is because they wanted to allow children in the bar area???? I think there is more to the story. Will not be coming back the next time we are in Long Beach. Being a small business owner we like to patronize locally owned business's but not this one.

3 Thank kari b
“Don't take your kids here!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stopped here after driving a few hours to have a bite to eat before hitting the beach. Very casual place, you walk in grab your own menus and then order and pay at the counter before sitting. The place was empty so I let my 18 month old walk around and she was happy and being a little noisy but I figured no big deal as the place was empty and she would settled down once the food came. My 7 year old was not sitting either as he wanted to stretch after the long car ride. Well some guy I'm assuming was the owner came out and yelled at my son for being loud and tearing the place apart he said. My kids were not hurting anything and I would not allowed them to as he said tear the place apart. I have more respect and manners than that and so do my kids. I was shocked and we immediately decided to leave so we got a refund and left. As we were leaving he yelled at us to never bring my kids back. I can not believe the way he acted and will never return to this overpriced slum of a restaurant.

5 Thank runningcirclesranch
Longview, Washington
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I took my grandson and three other teenagers here for lunch during spring break. My grandson had just been clamming for the first time and shared with our server that he didn't know how to clean his clams. She asked if he wanted to come "out back" and watch an expert clean the clam catch of the day. Of course he wanted to and he got a great lesson! I thought that was a very kind thing for the staff to do, and it made a big impression on the kids. Oh, and the clam chowder was excellent!

“GROSS”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Can't tell you about the food -- couldn't get past the STENCH as we entered. Inexcusable. Drive a few feet to Lost Roo's for the BEST chowder ever, GREAT service!

4 Thank redroof49