The Monticello Hotel
Travelocity
Economy Inn(Longview)
US$66
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Aladdin Inn(Kelso)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$92
US$56
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My boyfriend saw the sign by the motel part that said "recently renovated." It is a flat 60's style motel next to the old brick Monticello hotel (1920's). Because it was obviously freshly redone, it was just fine. Just very....brown. We were in the two-story section. The bathroom was very nice, stone tile. Flat screen tv. I think 32 inch sony. New windows, they opened. We needed something next to the college baseball field and this was 2 blocks away so it was fine for one night. No ambiance if you're looking for that. My boyfriend switched our reservation from Red Lion to here because he said the Red Lion room he looked at smelled musty and had a tube tv.

Room Tip: Rooms at front of the motel overlook the park across the street.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank relaxedocd
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Great looking old hotel. Unfortunately, the classic hotel is not used for obernight stays - that is handled by a motel next door. So the photo of the old hotel is constructively bogus marketing. Just saying.

The motel rooms are freshly remodeled but lack sound-proofing.

The front desk was helpful as i had reserved for the wrong day. My errror was quickly corrected.

However, the room rate was increaaed by over 20% without notice to me until i checked in.

Summary - friendly service at the front desk, bogus marketing, room rates in upward flux. You decide.

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank Ed R
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed on night for a short conference. Meeting facility was quite adequate, and the food for four meals was very good. My room was in the annex and the room showed its age. The room seemed to be clean; one small gripe was that the bathroom had no exhaust fan. The major gripe was the shower...the tub did not drain, and the hot water lasted about two minutes, then got COLD! Not a good way to start your day. The site worked well for the conference, but I would find a room elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank DalCla77
Reviewed 1 March 2011

The folks at the hotel were certainly very nice, but they had a bit to make up for.

The main, old hotel is now offices and apartments, though they have three extended stay suites in the hotel building. If you are getting a hotel room, you are really staying next door in the motel. The motel is partially two stories, with the ceilings very high for the few second floor rooms.

Longview is a paper mill town; the paper making process does not smell good. The rooms, also, do not smell good, but I am not certain that is cause and effect. The rooms are showing their age - with burns in the carpet and the like. The hotel owners are trying to make the rooms as nice as possible, I suppose, with what appears to be new bed spreads, but that is inadequate.

You can see a photo of the shower. In addition to the mold, the tub didn't drain, so that after my husband showered I had to stand in a tub full of dirty water in order to take my shower.

The windows are single pane, so the condensation was unbelievable - I tried to wipe the window with a towel and the towel came away sopping wet, there was so much moisture. The mullion bars were so dirty that black soot came off on the towel. (Though our car was also quite covered in black soot when we returned it to the rental agency, so perhaps that is a residual from the chemical and paper industries in town.)

The mattresses were ghastly - don't count on a good night sleep. If you sat in the middle of the bed, the mattress went up around you like wings. Awful.

There is a restaurant in the hotel. It was fine for breakfast.

The hotel is on a square which is quite nice. It was too cold to walk, but it might have been nice to take a stroll around the square and the nearby lake.

I had looked on TripAdvisor and found other hotels which I would have prefered to stay, but my friend said this was "the hotel in town", so I picked it. He agreed, next time another hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank Alexandra7457
Reviewed 24 February 2011

The hotel looked charming on the internet and we booked a three nights stay while we visited my husbands family in Longview. The room itself was extremely run down and did not even have a deadbolt on the door. Our first night there we returned from dinner to find the flimsy chain on our hotel room door and two people inside. The man finally let us into OUR OWN room and said that he was given our room upon checking in. We asked them if the fact that our clothing and items in the room were a hint that the room was occupied. He stated they were meeting a family member and assumed the items belonged to them. Fortunately nothing was stolen, but we checked out and went to Quality Inn. Quality Inn is The Ritz compared to this hotel. When my husband complained to the staff at the Monticello about strangers in our room they were not apologetic all at. Quality Inn was very clean, has deadbolts on the door and a nice contiental breakfast too!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple