“Tranquility”
Review of Lopez Lodge

Lopez Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lopez Island
Lopez Lodge
Toledo, Washington
“Tranquility”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Lopez Lodge is worth every dollar and more. So very peaceful and homey. We have never stayed anyplace so quite and close to everything you need. The bakery is AWESOME which is right around the corner from the lodge. You can site see so much for such a small area! People are very friendly and wave. Do not forget to wave back. The only thing that I would like to advise is to update the bedding, as I felt like I was sleeping in my Grandma's bed. Maybe more of an ocean theme. We do plan on returning sometime in the near future and "Thank You" so much for the hospitality.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melody W

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Looking for a place to stay without breaking the bank while visiting family and came across this place. Called direct to place reservations and the owner was very nice and arrangements were made easily. Stairs involved here to get to rooms which are all on the second floor, so if handicapped stay away. That said the rooms are very pleasant and large. Views are fine from the balcony but hardly awe inspiring. Very quiet as this is not a noisy tourist town or trap.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BlueWampus
Culver City, California
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This lodge is owned and run by a very nice family who make sure your visit is pleasant. The room was clean, cute and cozy, with a really nice view and good sized balcony. Adequate kitchen ware and silverware, with cute pictures above the counter. Good informative brochures neatly set on a counter in the hallway next to a 1970's telephone. As you walk up the stairs to the rooms, there are nice pictures with good history of the village and the lodge. This is a really great deal too. I will certainly stay here each time I come to visit the island. Nancy Hamilton

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nancy H
Seattle
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Lopez is such a serene and beautiful island. I was lucky to find a room at Lopez Lodge without very much advanced notice. Stayed in the single room. Location can't be beat, with it being right in the village. Very quiet at night and I need complete quiet or I am not a happy traveler. No one is generally in the office--I never did see the owner, but easy-to-follow instructions were sent as to access to key and room. And owner does request a call upon arrival to insure all is well. Rates are very reasonable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My new girl friend and I wanted to go to Lopez on 7/4 to see the fireworks, parade, and to meet several of my old friends of the past (and the present) when I lived there. In spite of the almost zero chance of finding lodging with little notice, for the 4th of July, I left messages with several places just in case of a miracle. Well it happened! Someone had just cancelled at the Lopez Lodge and the 3rd and 4th were now available. We grabbed it and were tickled pink. Not only that, but we were able to add the 5th too. Now it's true that we could have stayed at friends or camped out, but like I said, this is a new :-) relationship and being in our 70's we hope camping on the ground is a thing of the past. We had the room in the middle which is a single queen. It was clean, well appointed, and very quiet (no sounds at all from either of the rooms on both sides). All that for well under $100/night. Do yourself a favor and always check out Lopez Lodge first.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Don G
Washington, the State
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We stayed for two nights at the Studio; very spacious accommodation; great view and very quiet. Don't miss the stars at night - incredible! ... and the sunset from the deck - wow!

A few minor housekeeping problems. My cell phone did not work, so communication with island friends was difficult; there is a phone available but does not allow incoming calls. Grood location in the "village" - close to the market with a nice deli. The library is fantastic.

We enjoyed hiking the main parks on the island: Shark Reef Sanctuary, Agate Beach and Iceberg Point (very windy!), and Spencer Spit.

Room Tip: There are 3 units available - a single, double and the studio.