I recently spent four nights at this property with two girlfriends. We decided to splurge and not camp, but instead rent a cabin.
That being said, I would recommend these cabins to couples on romantic getaways, and from reading the guest book, this appears to be their main clientele; lots of honeymooners. The cabins are very small, really cute, very clean and extremely quiet and private but are really set up for only two guests at a time, right down to the dishes and cutlery. We ended up buying extra cutlery at the island Thrift Shop so we could each have our own fork.
If you want to be alone with your partner, in a tranquil setting this would be a good choice.
My complaint would be with regards to customer service on the part of the owners. One of my friends, who made the original reservation called ahead to confirm our booking, and asked if someone would be there to meet us and give us our key and show us where we were staying as we were first time visitors to the island. The owner told her that no, he was busy and did not have time to greet every guest when they arrived. This was apparently the standard of customer service, because we never saw or interacted with anyone connected to the property during our four day stay. Each day someone would come into the cabin while we were out and do light housekeeping and leave a basket of fruit, yogurt, coffee, juice and cookies. When my friend left a note on the campground bulletin board asking for an invoice for our stay, we received a handwritten note on the kitchen table the following day outlining the charges. With the extra $25.00 charge per night for the futon the owner offered to bring in for us, this was not cheap accomodation, and I would have thought that for what we paid we could have at least been invited to pick up our key from the owner and have a quick chat about where we were staying.
If I returned to Lopez, I would consider camping in their campground. The sites are private and I heard they are one of the few places to camp that have hot showers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 30 acres - Privacy - Northwest Scandinavian Cottages in a cedar grove. Fireplace, Kitchen, Spa, Breakfast delivered in a basket. A dog is allowed in Cottage 4 only. We also have Gourmet Tent Glamping and Camping in a peaceful wooded setting. Camp Building with Fireplace, Barbecues, Microwave, morning coffee. Only campground on Lopez Island with showers and flush toilets. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lopez Farm Cottages & Tent Camping Hotel Lopez Island
- Lopez Farm Cottages And Tent Camping
- Lopez Farm Cottages & Tent Camping Lopez Island, Washington