My first time here, tent camped with my partner and some friends. The tent sites are far away from the campsites supposedly so you aren't disturbed by cars and lights..but the area is bordered on two sides by nearby roads and traffic noise! The community cooking area is small for 10 camp sites. They expect everyone to cook food and have a fire in this communal area, but there are 4 tables and a small fireplace. Not nearly enough room for this many sites. Parking is cramped. I would agree with other reviewers, the man who owns this place seriously lacks people skills. When we first arrived he stopped us and questioned us about some trash other campers had dropped on the ground. We hadn't even seen it, but he quickly brought it to our attention that we had "left something here and needed to pick it up". Not wanting to make waves, we just picked it up even though it wasn't ours. I parked in the wrong parking lot when loading up and the owner quickly came out and told me I needed to move that only cottage guests could park there. I was allowed to unload my cart before having to move my vehicle to the farther away camp site parking lot. I never saw him out and about being friendly with people... but he was immediately there out of nowhere to enforce rules. He just seemed a bit heavy handed to me. Other reviewers apparently can corroborate my experience. The sheep are adorable and the other campers were friendly and fun, but I wouldn't stay here again or recommend it to my friends/family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 30 acres - Privacy - Northwest Scandinavian Cottages in a cedar grove. Fireplace, Kitchen, Spa, Breakfast delivered in a basket. A dog is allowed in Cottage 4 only. We also have Gourmet Tent Glamping and Camping in a peaceful wooded setting. Camp Building with Fireplace, Barbecues, Microwave, morning coffee. Only campground on Lopez Island with showers and flush toilets. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lopez Farm Cottages And Tent Camping
- Lopez Farm Cottages & Tent Camping Hotel Lopez Island
- Lopez Farm Cottages & Tent Camping Lopez Island, Washington