“A great weekend getaway”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lopez Island
Lopez Islander Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lopez Island
Bellevue
“A great weekend getaway”
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I stayed at the resort Memorial Day weekend and have numerous times over the past 5 years and contrary to some other reviews I have found it to be very clean and while it's not the nicest place I've ever been to they have made a lot of upgrades including redoing their entire pool and gym. It's a different kind of feel uo on Lopez and if you're looking for a big fancy 5 star all inclusive resort like sandals kind of place this is not the place for you, however if you're looking for a fun, relaxing and laid back island getaway kind of trip where you can forget about your phone and enjoy the Island then it is. The band on Saturday night is fun, the food is good and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I have always enjoyed myself at the Lopez Islander and I will return this summer!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 3 June 2010

We went by boat from Anacortes to the Lopez Islander Resort in Fishermans Bay. Everything about the trip and our stay was exceptional. The scenery is breathtaking. The morage accomidations are both resonably priced and the staff friendly. If you don't have a boat you can go by Ferry or Seaplane. We had a great time on the friendly Island. Our meal was very good and there was live music to dance the night away! We enjoyed out week end even though the weather wasn't cooperating the way we would like. I highly reccommend the Islander Resort for a wonderful get away to paradise.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IsMermaid
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 June 2010

My sister and I had such a great time here. The food was excellent, good service, super comfy beds, and spotless bathroom. Our view from our patio was of the yachts in the sound. Just gorgeous! Hope to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2010

This place reminds me of a 60s "resort" - good sized clean rooms. Kind of like motel camping. You look right out on Fisherman's Bay. The restaurant in right on the water - with a deck that's great for everyone. (Not to fancy, but good food.) You're a ten minute walk from the "village" (grocery store, bakery, a couple of restos, farmers market.)

Like the island, its relaxed and laid back. (If you're expecting fancy food and people, you won't like it here.) Its not called "Slo-Pez" for nothing. Service is slow, but very friendly.
Felt very welcome. Fun local house band on Saturday night (classic rock covers.)

I really liked that we could park for free on the Anacortes side, and get a ride from the ferry. We were without a car, but they have a shuttle if we REALLY needed one. (We didn't.)

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2009

Not ADA accessible. My husband had an awful time getting over the curbs abd steps. He had to climb out of his wheelchair and scoot up the concrete steps. Very unacceptible.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Lopez Island hotels

Reviewed 22 July 2009

Lopez Island is significantly different from the other San Juan Islands. It's much more quiet, less travelled, less touristy and more down-to-earth. Some of us love that about the place. Don't expect fancy restaurants, resorts or people and you won't be let down. If you're going there to be treated like a rich tourist in Cabo or on a cruise, you will be disappointed.

The Islander is pretty much your only choice for a hotel on Lopez, although there are a few B&Bs and cabins for rent. This place ain't fancy and it's a little dated, but they've taken care of the place and it's got some pretty decent views. The restaurant is great, too.

Treat everybody on the island like you would your next-door neighbor and not a servant and they'll most likely do the same. This is the best island for cycling and relaxing IMHO. Literally 99% of all drivers will wave at you when you're cycling and be considerate in sharing the road.

We had only one jerk who roared past, scaring my sainted 75-year-old mom and he was taken care of quickly by the county sheriff after we got his license number. We rented bikes from Lopez Bicycle Works shop next to the hotel. My mom doesn't bike much, but even she had a great time on a very comfortable bike. The guy who runs the place is a real character and a lot of fun to talk to. Ask him if he ever changes his shirt for me.

I took a dozen boy scouts on a 50-mile bike trip around the island one week and then came back with my wife, son and elderly parents because I was so impressed with the place. We stayed at the state park with the scouts (beautiful place) and at the Islander with the older folks.

We've been all around Canada, Mexico, Hawaii and the rest of the U.S. as an extended family and my parents thought this was the best trip we've been on.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank zogduke
Reviewed 27 June 2009

On arrival, our shower had a used bar of soap laying in it with someone else's hair embedded in it. The shampoos in the shower were half empty too. The coffee service in our room had no caffeinated coffee, just decaf. The pool & hot tub are CLOSED for renovation, and that's the whole reason we booked there. The Paper Thin walls meant I could hear everyone's conversations, when they showered, when they came & went. It was like being in a college dorm. Now, this next comment is beyond their control, but traffic is currently being re-routed past the hotel, so it is very busy on the street. I love Lopez, but hate the Islander. Why choose to renovate the pool in summer & NOT tell guest beforehand and NOT lower the prices? Next time I'm going, I'm staying at Edenwild...been there several times and loved it...just wanted to try something different and enjoy the pool with my family. No pool, pubes on the room soap...not ok. This was the worst hotel experience we've ever had.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
#3 of 10 in Friday Harbor
Tucker House Inn
Tucker House Inn
#4 of 10 in Friday Harbor

Been to Lopez Islander Resort? Share your experiences!