“Great little espresso shop”
Review of Isabel's Espresso

Isabel's Espresso
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Description: In the heart of Lopez Village, Isabel's uses only organic coffee and milk. Our baristas will caffeinate you, whip you up a frothy cocoa, warm you with chai, cool you with freezes and milkshakes, feed you treats, and provide material for that "Great American Novel." Outdoor seating, magazines and free wi-fi.
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Espresso, milkshakes, tea, all done perfectly and by hand. Great place to drop by, then take your food and hang out on the little porch or on the lawn in the village or at the tiny public beach across the street.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Isabel's is really fun. It has a 1950s vintage feel with shelves of books and stacks of games to play. It is a fun place. The coffee was okay, not the best latte I've ever had.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Isabel's is a bit of the 60's (in a good way!)...books to read, a vintage store in the back, a laid back ambience, and good coffee!

Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed on Lopez for 5 nights and loved the whole island. We did a lot of hiking and saw orca, a huge great horned owl, hummingbird, huge purple starfish, a bald eagle, and my all-time favorite: river otters! Lopez is a nature lover's paradise.

As for food establishments, Isabel's stood out. I was first drawn there because my last name is none other than LOPEZ and my mother's first name was Isabel.. We were lucky enough to be served by the original owner (Isabel) who is a hoot and boy can she whip up a mean breve.

Besides the personal connection, their coffee is excellent and the vibe very friendly. We tried Cafe Boheme once, for comparison, and I must say that although the coffee was indeed excellent and the atmosphere pleasant, the warmth and friendly welcome was lacking. The barista didn't smile. Okay, it was early, but if given a choice, I much prefer a barista that smiles. (Heck, I'm the customer and I'M smiling :) Anyway, this is what I found. Isabel's will see me again next time I return.

2  Thank VGinParadise_10
Reviewed 30 December 2011

you can even play a game or read one of her used books; love this place