“Will never return to horrid campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lynden
Lynden / Bellingham KOA
Vancouver
“Will never return to horrid campground”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

Campground accused me of not paying than charged my credit card twice. The owners were very nasty. My trailer was damaged and had items stolen out of it. Campground could not care less. Just a very bad experience. WILL NOT GO BACK!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
8 Thank Henrydawg

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
abbotsford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2008

Hi there,

I have stayed at the Lynden KOA 3 times now and am going there today for the weekend. I plan on returning the following as well. It is perfect for my family which includes a 1.5 year old girl. We love the heated pool and the clean amenties that the site offers. It has a family atmosphere and has an all around safe feel to it. There are no loud partys going on all night which I like. Don't get me wrong some people will stay up drinking but they aren't he yahoo types. The travellers seem to be friendly and willing to spark up a chat. Overall I really enjoy the Lynden KOA as it is so close to the Canada/USA border crossing (10 minutes from Abbotsford, BC). We cross fof 48 hours and eat & drink for less and return with duty free....what a perfect combination!

My only negative experience was the booking. I booked for a friend and I and had a confirmation number. I requested two site side by side (about 5 months in advance) and when I was last at the site I went into to confirm the reservation wth the office. They had me in the system but not my friend. After bringing in a computer printout from internet and showing the office gal..... she after looking long and hard found him. Makes me wonder what kind of system they use. They couldn't find him under his name which was weird. So in the end he got a site however they could not put us side by side after they stated "sorry we are all booked up for that weekend".... I mean that was why we book 5 months in advance !!!!!! duh.
So we are both still going but no the sites we wanted......bizarre and no good service in that regard. On more interesting point....we told another friend to come camping...he called yesterday and was able to book a site (the premier water ones) with no problem and is going. What happened to the good ol days when you booked a reservation well in advance for the sole reason you wanted a site ???? oh did I say he got the one my original friend wanted ?!?!?! hmmm interesting.

Ok...enough of the blah blah on the small stuff. I (and we) are going camping and it's gonna be fun! Maybe I'll see you there!

Stayed July 2008
northern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2007

I am SO surprised that there are not a bunch of gushingly wonderful reviews posted for this campground. I feel honored to be the first. What a pleasant surprise this campground was after a long day of driving from Oregon. It is a bit out of the way and not near any major towns or shopping but a great spot to stay and move quickly accross the Lynden border crossing in to Canada. We waited at the crossing behind one car, MUCH faster than the Highway 5 border crossing. The best part for us was how separated the tenting area is from the motorhomes and busses. Tents are set up the hill in the trees but easy access to the pool, showers, laundry and, much to my 3 teenagers delight, free WIFI ! You can also choose to camp around the picturesque lake, but it is a little noisier. The office staff were super friendly. They employ local teenagers who keep the campground spotless. The evenings were quiet and peaceful as well as the morning when we regretably packed up and quietly drove away.

Stayed July 2007

Been to Lynden / Bellingham KOA? Share your experiences!