“Decent Campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lynden
Lynden / Bellingham KOA
Hawaii
“Decent Campground”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

Camped with our 32 ft. trailer. Office closed for "season". Reserved 1 night online with KOA membership and paid cash for additional 2 night in envelope/drop box at closed office. Never spoke to anyone who works here. It is a nice campground with only a few trailers here. Can see how sites are right in top of each other and think it might be a problem if campground were full. Nice electric/water sites by lake if large lumps of goose poo are to your liking. Lake is pretty. Campground is nice. There is a pool. Dog area but its not fenced so don't much see the point in it. Only drawback to never seeing any staff is that there were several trailers camping together and they were extremely loud way into the early morning hours. By Saturday night we had to yell over there that it was past midnight and would they pleeease be quiet! Would say aboout 75% of this campground is perm sites, almost all Canadians. They truly have the best sites, most spacious with cement pads. Looks like they come in for the weekends from Canada. Sites for those just wanting to camp are way too close together. Wooded sites and cabins available. Not sure if we would come back during the open season or not. Probably would come back during the off season. Rode our bikes through beautiful farmland to the border and stopped for ice cream at Edaleen Dairy. Highly reccomend, best ice cream ever.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Navy89

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

We booked by phone and the staff were very helpful - they understood our needs and we were happy with the campsite we were given. We stayed around the lake which in our opinion gives you more privacy.

If you prefer a nature/forest camping experience, this location is not for you. It is situated in a semi urban park like area. This campground is well suited for young families - has a pool (does have an adult swim hour), mini golfing, paddle boats, a small lake, an area for pets (unfenced), paved paths, showers, free wifi, etc. It's luxury camping.

Overall, I felt safe in letting my 11 year old have free roam of the park for its not that big and is filled with families who keep a watch out for each others kids.

We prefer to camp in National Parks where there is an abundance of nature and it tends to be a rougher experience. Nonetheless, we enjoyed our short stay at this KOA.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Christine B
central Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2010

We camped at the Lynden KOA for the first time this summer. We were very happy with the facilities and super nice staff that work at the campground. The campground really caters to family fun, with lots of activities and events. We have already made our reservations for next summer. Unlike the previous reviews, we found the restrooms to be very clean and tidy, some of the nicest we had seen in a long time and we camp often ( 10-15 times a summer) through the Northwest and British Columbia. Our cabins (2 cabins with two different familes) were very clean as well. However, the cabins are a rustic retreat. They are constructed of actual logs, with rustic wood interior. They are not a 5-star hotel with room service, but that is the whole point of camping in a outdoor type setting. Our family would recommend this place to ANYONE that likes to camp. I would personally rate it about 4.5 out of 5 stars.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Dsteph
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2009

We stayed in this KOA while on our way to Vancouver, and we honestly were glad we only had to stay there one night. The bathrooms were DISGUSTING, and we had camped for almost two weeks by the time we had gotten to Lynden. The bathrooms were so gross that we actually considered holding it and not showering either until we left the next morning, but as we had driven 17 hours the day before, and we had a decent drive ahead of us, we decided to suck it up and go. The stalls had unknown substances all over them, there were SEVERAL dead bugs and hair in every shower stall, and only 2 of the 5 showers actually locked. As for the cabin, our beds had some sort of red stuff spattered on them, and there was hair and bugs on the mattresses too. I would NEVER recommend Lynden to anyone else, ever. Please, unless you have an all inclusive camper/RV don't ever stay there.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank Gfinn524
Vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

Campground accused me of not paying than charged my credit card twice. The owners were very nasty. My trailer was damaged and had items stolen out of it. Campground could not care less. Just a very bad experience. WILL NOT GO BACK!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
8 Thank Henrydawg
abbotsford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2008

Hi there,

I have stayed at the Lynden KOA 3 times now and am going there today for the weekend. I plan on returning the following as well. It is perfect for my family which includes a 1.5 year old girl. We love the heated pool and the clean amenties that the site offers. It has a family atmosphere and has an all around safe feel to it. There are no loud partys going on all night which I like. Don't get me wrong some people will stay up drinking but they aren't he yahoo types. The travellers seem to be friendly and willing to spark up a chat. Overall I really enjoy the Lynden KOA as it is so close to the Canada/USA border crossing (10 minutes from Abbotsford, BC). We cross fof 48 hours and eat & drink for less and return with duty free....what a perfect combination!

My only negative experience was the booking. I booked for a friend and I and had a confirmation number. I requested two site side by side (about 5 months in advance) and when I was last at the site I went into to confirm the reservation wth the office. They had me in the system but not my friend. After bringing in a computer printout from internet and showing the office gal..... she after looking long and hard found him. Makes me wonder what kind of system they use. They couldn't find him under his name which was weird. So in the end he got a site however they could not put us side by side after they stated "sorry we are all booked up for that weekend".... I mean that was why we book 5 months in advance !!!!!! duh.
So we are both still going but no the sites we wanted......bizarre and no good service in that regard. On more interesting point....we told another friend to come camping...he called yesterday and was able to book a site (the premier water ones) with no problem and is going. What happened to the good ol days when you booked a reservation well in advance for the sole reason you wanted a site ???? oh did I say he got the one my original friend wanted ?!?!?! hmmm interesting.

Ok...enough of the blah blah on the small stuff. I (and we) are going camping and it's gonna be fun! Maybe I'll see you there!

Stayed July 2008
northern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2007

I am SO surprised that there are not a bunch of gushingly wonderful reviews posted for this campground. I feel honored to be the first. What a pleasant surprise this campground was after a long day of driving from Oregon. It is a bit out of the way and not near any major towns or shopping but a great spot to stay and move quickly accross the Lynden border crossing in to Canada. We waited at the crossing behind one car, MUCH faster than the Highway 5 border crossing. The best part for us was how separated the tenting area is from the motorhomes and busses. Tents are set up the hill in the trees but easy access to the pool, showers, laundry and, much to my 3 teenagers delight, free WIFI ! You can also choose to camp around the picturesque lake, but it is a little noisier. The office staff were super friendly. They employ local teenagers who keep the campground spotless. The evenings were quiet and peaceful as well as the morning when we regretably packed up and quietly drove away.

Stayed July 2007

Been to Lynden / Bellingham KOA? Share your experiences!