Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I like this brand, and this particular property was great. There is a nice manager's reception several nights a week providing a light supper that is just perfect for me. My room was clean and comfortable. I was only there 1 night, but am anticipating my next business trip when I can stay there again. I think it would be a great place to stay with a family-lots of room to spread out and the little sports court looked like fun. Nice breakfast spread, complete with yogurt parfaits which I love. Michelle at the front desk couldn't have been more personable. Bravo!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 September 2011

My wife and I (both long time Marriott elite members) stayed for 3 nights in mid-September.This property is the older style low-rise buildings (2 story, exterior entry, with stairs to top floor) which we prefer. The rooms and grounds are beautifully maintained. The rooms are very spacious and recently renovated with newer kitchens, great bedding and HD TV.
We always have high expectations at a Marriott property but this location achieved the highest levels for friendly and helpful service.
The included breakfast offered a large selection of hot and cold items (including several extra items like blueberries for the waffels not usually offered at other RI). There is also a very nice social hour in the evening Monday to Thursday with light dinner, beer and wine. The Tuesday BBQ was a nice treat. The kitchen staff did a great job with a demanding activity that can be problem area at some hotels.
The outdoor pool and BBQ area were attractive and well maintained. There is plenty of free parking. There are also 2 free computers and printers available next to the lobby and free coffee is always available in the lobby. The location is near the intersection of I5 and I405 for convenient commutes but the setting is very quiet.
Just about perfect. (I would have liked a choice of "bold" coffee in the lobby)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I've stayed twice now at this location and I've loved it. I booked through the hotel website as the rates were actually cheaper than on priceline or other websites. The first time I stayed with a girlfriend on a shopping trip in a 1 bedroom suite which comes with a full kitchen. The second time, in Septembe 2011, it was a couples (4 people) trip so we booked a 2 bedroom suite which came with 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen. The suite was very comfortable, the bathrooms were clean and updated. There was free breakfast in the morning; free parking; and 2 computers with internet in the "library". The front desk staff were very cordial and helpful. This hotel is walking distance to alderwood mall and well placed for travel to the Seattle Premium Outlets (20 min away) or to downtown Seattle (25 min away). Loved it - will definitely be back!

Room Tip: check hotel website: found it cheaper than rates on priceline or other websites
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Great rooms and very clean, great customer service, great breakfast!
The pool and hot tub were nice and clean.
Had a awesome time and we will be back again.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I have stayed at this hotel before. We come down from Canada to visit Alderwood because of it's central location to Outlet Shopping. It's right by Alderwood Mall, just south on the I5 from Tulalip/Seattle Premium Outlets and north of more Ross and Marshall's stores. It's near plenty of restaurants as well so you could walk to them from the Marriott.

The staff here is so pleasant. Really go out of their way to accomodate you. First thing in the morning, huge smiles on their faces as they go about their day and this makes a difference. No one wants a grumpy person while they are on vacation. We were very late checking in as we did Seattle Premium outlets on the way down to the hotel, and they gave us a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie because we were tired ! lol . Very cute and thoughtful.

The hotel itself is very clean and comfortable. There is a pool, gym, and hot tub. I did see a conference room so I believe they are set up to handle large groups as well. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite as this is the room I stayed in before and offers plenty of space for two couples. You enter this room and you have a livingroom on your right with a flat screen tv, a kitchenette to your left with a table that seats four. Straight ahead are french doors leading into a Queen Bed bedroom and it's own bathroom. As well as you head upstairs and there is a King Size bedroom in a Loft Style and the vanity is outside of the bathroom that has the tub and toilet. There are two flat screen tv's one in each room as well. There is a sofa in the livingroom that also pulls out to be a bed. So in fact this room could sleep six or seven if you have small children.

The buffet is pretty decent for it being included. There is a hot breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, Sausage or Ham, Waffles, toast. Then there are many bread options - bread, bagels, english muffins. All juices, water, tea and coffee. Then you have fruit, yogurt and cereal too. You want to check the times of breakfast which they usually let you know at Check in so that you don't miss out. Excellent value.

My two complaints which are minimal and do not impact whether I would come again because I would in a heart beat... Are that, the last time I stayed here and this time that I stayed again, the housekeeper put one dirty glass in the dishwasher and ran the dishwasher. Now I am not preaching that I am the most greenest person but this is a waste ! When I came here with my girlfriends they did it and we were shocked. One glass was used, why did they run the entire washload to wash a glass ?? But two years later I bring my family and one glass was used the first evening and we happened to be in the room when housekeeping came and they did the same thing !!!! One dirty glass and ran the whole dishwasher?? Can you imagine .. How many dishwashers are at this hotel and how many times they get run for one glass??? I think the glass should be removed and replaced and added to maybe the house dishwasher so they can all get cleaned together -- or wait unti the end of the stay and just maybe place the glass in the dishwasher until you see what other dishes there will be. This bothered me. Also, when she came in to do housekeeping she never vacuumed upstairs only downstairs and it's floor and baseboards are carpeted.

Other than those two things this place is the only place I will stay when I go outlet shopping. Best value, best staff, and best breakfast. And the beds are really comfy too :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Choose this place on a recommendation of a friend. She was not wrong! We booked a 2bedroom suite and were pleasantly surprised at home nice, new, clean & spacious the suite was! We will definitely book here again in the future. The brwakfast was decent, as was the price, & the staff ate friendly & helpful-you never feel like you're wasting their time! Thanks everyone (especially Michelle) for an absolutely wonderful stay! Oh and did I mention there's a great mall and several great restaurants right around the corner? :-)

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed at the Residence Inn, Lynnwood, and attended a Mariner's game. Nice room, great front desk service, great breakfast, great ball game. They accidently checked us into a room that had not been cleaned but quickly found us a clean room and made up for it with lots of free beverages. We had good time and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family