“Third Annual Trip”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Victoria, Canada
“Third Annual Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

For the third year in a row we stayed at this hotel over the Canadian May Day weekend.

My husband and I along with another couple enjoy an "outlet mall" shopping trip and a visit to downtown Seattle. We love this place because it is so convenient, in between the two places we visit plus is within walking distance Alderwood Mall.

Why do we like staying here? We get a loft suite (one bedroom with a loft beadroom) with two full bathrooms, a "living room" area and full kitchen. Great for two couples who are sharing. The staff is always so friendly and nice. The rooms are clean (although somewhat worn). The breakfasts were better than most "breakfast included" hotels we have stayed at previously.

We will be back again for our fourth annual trip next year. Overall great value for your money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Westcoastgirl2012,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are definitely a central location between the Premium Outlet Mall, and Downtown Seattle. I'm glad it worked well for you. While you were here, you were even adjacent to Alderwood Mall for shopping in our neighborhood!

Our two bedroom penthouse suite provides a great option for two couples sharing a suite. There is a separate sleeping area and two full bathrooms in each of these suites. I am glad tha you enjoyed our expanded hot buffet breakfast. We try to provide something for everyone on our buffet.

We look forward to having you back for the 4th Annual Canadian May Day weekend trip!

Georgia Borg-Leon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

this place is a bit different than other hotels we stayed before. These are townhomes with kitchen, fridge, and everything. I guess it is good for large families who like to cook on their trips. I liked the openness of the layout of the inn. You do not feel so enclosed as in other modern business hotels. The website said the place was renovated in 2009, the furniture and decorations were well up to date, however there is still slight smell of cooking lingering in the rooms. The bathroom was really small, although it is clean. Breakfast was good with a variety of choices. With internet, parking, breakfast all included, I think this is a ok place for a short stay. The location is also convenient, located not in the inner city which is really crowded, and a short drive to both the downtown and the premium outlet.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Dear mapleleaf96,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your review of our hotel! I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the townehome style lay out of our suites. We have the amenities for a short or long term stay as all suites have a full kitchen and are twice the size of traditional hotel rooms. My apologies that your suite still had a slight lingering odor from cooking. It is our standard to provide a fresh or neutral experience in every suite. I'm glad that you enjoyed the variety at our buffet breakfast, and yes, our hotel is very conveniently located to access downtown Seattle, downtwon Bellevue, shopping at Alderwood or shopping at Premium Outlet Mall. We hope that your positive experience here will bring you back one day soon. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

We walked in and immediately said "wow!" We have three kids- 7, 3 and 18 mo. The staff set up a nice pac-n-play before we got to our suite. W ended up putting it in the downstairs bathroom so our toddler could have her own quite "room". Our two older kids slept in the bathroom adjacent to that bathroom (which is in an enclosed bedroom) and we took the king sized loft. Everything is new and updated. Breakfast is a full deluxe meal with changing options every day. Make sure to get free passes for the nearby Lynnwood Recreation Center. Huge pools that basically have parks in them. Make sure you know the schedule and call before you go. It can fill up. Paul Mitchell hair care, microwave popcorn, and plenty of little things make this place a cut above. Not a single peep from any shared walls with other guests. Complimentary dinner mon-thurs. We were in building 3, room 322.
If you go to the zoo, get a flyer from the lobby. You can get $2 off each ticket or $5 off your tours.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank smcpherson05
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear smcpherson05,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our spacious, two bedroom, penthouse suite. It is nice to have a separate bedroom to put your children to sleep at their regular bedtime, and the penthouse is ideal for this. Our complimentary, daily hot breakfast makes it convenient fo eat and be on the road to tourist activities. Our outdoor swimming pool is now open for the Summer or passes are available for the Lynnwood Aquatic Center. I am happy that your weekend was a fun one, and that you a good time at our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us for another weekend getaway!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is the third time I've stayed at this hotel (2 night stays over long weekends) in the past year and anticipate continuing to do so as it offers everything I need and more, at a reasonable price.

It is situated close enough to downtown Seattle, where I like to go, but not stay. There are plenty of shops, restaurants and amenities in the area should venturing farther out not be something you want to do that day. What I really like about this hotel is the consistent good service, clean and spacious rooms, feeling of safety, solid breakfasts, free wifi, parking, and last but not least the great fitness center.

The staff at the Residence Inn are awesome. I liked how I was remembered and treated with courtesy. I saw they did this with other patrons as well, making everyone feel at home. I was there during the Easter weekend and while enjoying breakfast they gave me an Easter egg. I really liked that, especially since I've been an adult for many years now! I was told the treats were the manager's idea and I want to say that it is the small details that elevate the experience - thank you for doing that!

I always get a clean and spacious room. And when I looked around the premises from the walk from my room to the main building, I took note of how clean, tidy (not a cobweb in sight), and well-maintained the grounds are kept.

This trip I needed to use a recumbent bike to keep up with my exercises for my bad knee. To my delight they have a 24/7 well-equipped fitness room in the main building where I was able to use one even at even the oddest hours. After the workout I could come back downstairs and comfortably make some hot tea to take back to my room. It really doesn't get better than that.

Thank you to Michelle, Nancy and all the staff whoare helpful, courteous and always have a welcoming smile. I will be coming back soon.

Room Tip: I think any room is fine.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Behrcat
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear Behrcat,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, and for staying with us for three holiday weekends this year! I appreciated your review of our amenities, and hearing that you received great service during all visits. We are happy that you plan to return for more weekends!
I was also happy to hear that you enjoyed the Easter egg. We try to do something special for our guests when they are away from home on a holiday. I'm glad that you were able to maintain your exercise routine while you were here. It is really special that you consider us your home away from home. I will pass on your compliments to Michelle and Nancy. Thank you again! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Maupin, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

Having just spent just short of two months at the Lynnwood, Wa. Marriot Residence Inn while repairs were being made to my condo I can't give enough praise for the whole operation. All the smiles from the staff are genuine. The food, included in the room rates, although not high end cuisine, is good and a great variety. Beer and wine included with the evening meals. And pet friendly no less. Everyone was willing to go out of their way to help in any way needed. For just a weekend or for an extended stay I can heartily recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Andy467,

Thank you for staying with us for an extended stay while your home was undergoing repairs. Thank you also for completing a review of our hotel! I was happy to hear that you felt taken care of and that you were among friends here at Residence Inn. We truly miss our long term guests when they return to their homes after long stays with us. You're a neighbor, and we hope that you'll stop by sometime this Summer for a Tuesday night barbeque. We hope to see you soon!
Lincoln City, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

This people who work at this hotel are exceptionally pleasant and helpful. We were greeted cheerfully by folks who were sincerely concerned with our comfort and well-being. The location is close to any kind of shopping you might want and it's a quick and easy trip to waterside restaurants, the Mukilteo ferry, Interstates 5 and 405. The room are spacious and in excellent condition. We were especially pleased that the hotel allowed us to have our dogs with us, although the pet fee is quite higher than at some other area facilities. The breakfast was good. We did not eat the "dinners" because they all included meat (such as hot dogs) as the main dish and we are vegetarians, but they certainly would be appropriate for meat-eating families with children. The only problem we had was that we were on a lower floor and could hear the people above us walking around and, it seemed, rolling bowling balls and dragging heavy crates across the floor. I have no idea what they were doing (and I don't think I really want to know!). I would stay here again, though.

Room Tip: If your luggage is not too heavy, ask for an upper floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Dear djess55555,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! I will pass along your kind remarks about how friendly and helpful our staff was, as they appreciate hearing from our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed the convenience of our location, as we are blocks from Alderwood and many shops and restaurants. As you also pointed out, we're about 15 minutes from two ferry ports and waterfront dining, for those who want to see the beauty of the Pacific Northwest. The second floor suites are the quietest rooms in our hotel! We are pet friendly, and so happy that you enjoyed having your dogs with you. We look forward to having you stay with us again one day soon.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Stayed here twice
Positives: Walking distance to Alderwood Mall, movie theaters, restaurants; large comfortable rooms with kitchens; easy parking and room access; very helpful front desk staff
negatives: thin walls so you will hear your neighbors just a little

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear RobertG29,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that it was a second stay at our hotel! All of our guest rooms are suites, and we are very convenient to many shops, and restaurants in the Alderwood area. I was pleased to hear that our staff at the front desk was friendly. It is important to us that all of our guests feel like they're among friends here at Residence Inn. We look forward to having you stay with us for a third visit soon!