“Another great stay”

Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I almost hate to give this place good reviews because it is getting harder to get in to it so maybe I should write awful reviews and complain about the wonderful staff....everywhere on the hotel property. No that would be lying. I don't do that. It is a wonderful place and the staff ARE great. The breakfast is really good. The staff have been there a while which to me is a good sign. The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. They have removed all the hot tubs which is probably smart (although some in our group were disappointed). All in all a good stop.

Room Tip: We were two couples (family) and we got the suite with an upstairs bedroom/bathroom and the bedroom...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Suzi_mom
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Suzi_Mom,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel, and our two bedroom penthouse suite. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your suite and our daily, hot buffet breakfast. Thank you also for the good service review. I will pass along your kind remarks about our service to our team! We look fo having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We recently tried the Residence Inn and were pleased with our stay. The front desk staff were helpful and made us feel very welcomed. The suites have their own access to the outside (not like a hotel and made it feel more like a small condo) and ours was comfortable. We had to go up stairs, but was able to handle it. It was useful to have a kitchen, but also a desk and the kitchen table to spread out our work. The location is close to Alderwood mall, shopping and restaurants. We were there during the week, and enjoyed the dinner reception, which was a BBQ outside in the sunshine. Thanks Angie and staff!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew W
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Andrew W,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I was happy to learn that you felt very welcomed by our Front Office staff, and that you enjoyed the "residential" experience of a Residence Inn. All of our rooms are suites with fully equipped kitchens and lots of space to "spread out".
Our location is great for shopping and dining in the Alderwood Mall area. I'm glad that you had time to enjoy one of our outdoor barbeque night events. I will pass on your thanks to Angie and her team. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The studio we stayed in was large with a pull out sofa bed, kitchen but toilet/tub shower was very small..

This hotel had separate buildings away from the lobby and breakfast area so one needed to go outside to get from room to lobby. This may be a bit of a problem on a rainy day. Heavy luggage may need to be carried up stairs even on the lower floors.

Breakfast area was really small and this stay there were more guests than tables and chairs. During our breakfast visit the coffee pots disappeared thus leaving only decaf. The selection wasn't great, sliced peaches in syrup, yogurt, toasts, eggs, pancakes, Canadian bacon, rice, meso and a variety of things to drink, minus the coffee which was probably being freshly made but not out.

The lobby also has two computers for guests to use and complimentary wireless internet.

Room Tip: Book ahead of time as this hotel can get full quickly.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Brightydog,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, and your feedback on our complimentary buffet breakfast. I will use your conments to further train my team, and improve our selections.

We are working on additional seating, and in the mean time, we are opening up our boardrooms for overflow. We also provide to-go containers for those who might like to take breakfast back to their suite. I am glad that you found our suites spacious, clean, and that you liked our convenience to I-5. We are close to everything! We look forward to having you stay with us again when you visit our area. Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stopped in to see if there was a room available, was told only one left, inquired about Military discount, was told NOT AT THIS TIME....left and will not return.
I checked their website upon my return home to see why this Hotel does not give Military discounts when all or most others do. It advertises on their website that they DO give Military and Government discounts. I called and spoke with the manager to find out why I was not given the Military discount, I was told they had sold their Quota or percentage of discount rooms! So it 20 military people want t stay there, only a percentage will get the dicount??? I'm just saying...Shame on this Hotel!

Room Tip: Couldn't say, wasn't going to stay in a place that won't give a Military discount!!!
Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank N Y

Dear N.Y,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the availability of a government rate on the evening you inquired at our hotel. Our contract with the US Government is “non last room availability”, and it is understood that due to the significant discount, we cannot offer all rooms at this discounted rate. I am sorry that we were sold out on the rooms we committed at government rate, and that it left the impression that we weren’t supporting our government and military, or that our actions were shameful.

This is not the case, and we hope that we will be able to offer this discount to you and your family on another visit to our area. It is helpful to make reservations in advance to secure this discounted rate. My apologies again about the negative impression; and our failure to fully explain the procedures around this rate program. We hope to have you as our guest one day soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Wanting to avoid the long border lineups on a Saturday am we chose to go overnight to stay close to Seattle.
We arrived fairly late, check in was quick and easy, the condo style rooms are a bit of a maze, I wouldn't want to be schlepping my bags up the stairs to the top floors (though I would have preferred those upper rooms as I think they are the larger loft style rooms which would have been nice).
We settled in and took off for dinner (The Rock which was super fun by the way), returned to jump into the super comfy bed, nice soft linens on the bed.
Took advantage of the breakfast the next day which had plenty of variety really great perk of staying here.
Left pretty quickly after breakfast so we didn't get to see much of what else the hotel had to offer, but I would stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: If you have a bunch of bags stay on the ground floor unless you are good to schlep them up the stair...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear 4Gees,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was pleased to read that your check in went smoothly, and that you had a fun evening at The Rock restaurant! Whether you stay for one night, or for an extended stay, our spacious suites provide all the comforts of home.

Should you request a second floor suite in the future, please let us know if you need assistance with your luggage. We are happy to help get luggage to second floor suites. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to having you back for a longer stay so that you can enjoy our hotel, and see more of the area.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We arrived early in hopes of early check in and front desk very helpful asking us to come back in 1.5 hrs and we could check in. When returned a different front desk person knew who I was and checked us in very quickly. We stay in the penthouse/loft room( got AAA rate)it was clean and gave us lots of space we were 1 adult and 4 teenagers. We brought groceries with us since a full kitchen in suite. Breakfast is a great start to the day lots of choices for everyone and we always found seats. Since so many of us we decided not to have maid do a full clean but asked for garbage and towels to be done(even left a tip with written request) and the towels went done. Didn't bother telling the front desk as it didn't ruin our trip. This is our 4th trip to this property and I am sure not the last.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Dear eyeluvdisney,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, and thank you for your patience when your check-in was delayed! I am sorry that the instructions that you left for Housekeeping were not followed. I will review procedures with our Housekeeping team regarding notes. Many of our Housekeepers do not read English, and we will review the simple notes that might be left for them so that they recognize a note when they see it, and get help from their Supervisor. My apologies for the miscommunication during your stay. I was happy to read that these issues didn't spoil your stay with us, and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you return to our hotel. Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

we often come back here to celebrate a few days away for anniversaries and birthdays and we are always treated very well by the helpful, friendly staff, with a complimentary bottle of wine, free upgrades and pleasant service.
The suites are comfortable, clean,and well maintained. the kitchen has a fridge, micro, dishes, wine glasses etc, exactly as shown on their site... the hot breakfast and happy hour snacks are welcomed, as is the free parking
The Alderwood mall is close by with shopping and restaurants, as well as a Keg across the parking lot and outlet malls nearby. Everything you need for a relaxing holiday keeps us coming back.

Room Tip: we like the main floor as it is convenient. some people may want to be near the hot tubs or basketba...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear Mauryj,

Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing to celebrate special occasions at our hotel. I am so happy that you found our accomodations comfortable, clean, and well-maintained. We are in an ideal location for shopping, and we have so many choices for dining out. We look forward to having you return for the next special occasion!