“Not a bad place to stay.”

Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Surrey, Canada
“Not a bad place to stay.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked this hotel on the phone. Initial staff help was excellent. We booked for 2 nights during Sea Fair. The first night we took the only room available which was a large loft suite. While more than we had wanted to spend it was a great suite worth the price charged. For the second night we were told we would have to change rooms. This was not in itself an issue. The issue arose when we checked out of our existing room at the correct time. We were informed that our new room was not yet ready and to go and do what we needed to do for a couple of hours. When we returned the room was still not ready. We were asked to wait while they made the arrangements. After an additional 2 hour wait we were taken to a room where the air conditioning was not working. More wait while they checked for another room. I went with the staff member to check on the second room and found that the air worked somewhat. The staff member on the walk over informed me that they had had some issues with the air conditioners in the rooms we were going to get. Unfortunately all the waiting and changing pretty much used up most of the Sunday. While the staff were both friendly and efficient for the most part, the experience was somewhat soured by the changing of rooms. Had they done this correctly they would have made sure that a guest that was being moved was done in a more timely manner. I do realize this was a very busy weekend for them with Sea Fair going on. That being said, overall the facility, staff and hotel in general are a well kept and pleasant hotel. I would stay there again, provided i did not have to change rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms were quite nice. The penthouse loft would be great for a family or 2 couples traveling togethe...
Green Features: Sorry, but this was not something I paid a lot of attention to but I would say they are at least as good as any other branded hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Bob H,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the delays we had in getting you into the second suite assignment for the second night of your stay. It was an unusual situation as you reserved our last room available each night and they were different sized rooms. When we need to do a room move, we usually try to hold luggage for our guests so that they can enjoy their weekend, and not have to wait for another guest to check out or for the room to be cleaned.
I am reviewing the communication needs between shifts with our Front Office team so that room moves are handled more efficiently. I appreciate that you were so understanding about how busy we were due to the area being sold out from Seafair and other Summer business. We are having a beautiful Summer and many guests are coming to enjoy it. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Georgia Borg-Leon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Seoul
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a nice enough hotel if you are in Lynwood for business or you want to shop at Alderwood mall. The kitchen is nice allowing you to eat in for a few nights instead of always eating out. I was on my own for a few nights and then my kids joined me. Ok pool, nice breakfast in the morning, and right next door to the mall. While I was at work, they walked to the mall. The wifi wasn't super fast, but it did what I needed. I would recommend this hotel if you like a more homey feeling. Good location.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back, by the big retaining wall. This is far from the lobby and breakfast but q...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Ann C,
Thank you for your review of our hotel, and thank you for choosing our hotel for your business trip and family trip! All of our rooms are full suites with full kitchens, and as you noted, it is great for preparing a meal or two when you don't feel like eating out every night. I'm glad that your children were able to take advantage of the swimming pool. Our summer weather has been beautiful and ideal for swimming or taking a walk to Alderwood Mall. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Thank you for your review.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My family stayed here for one night this weekend. We booked using an e-certificate. This is the 1st time I've stayed at this property, but have stayed in Lynnwood a number of times.

We arrived on a late Friday afternoon. Surprisingly, there was no one at the front desk, but someone did arrive after a two minute wait. Check-in was quick and simple, but the person on staff wasn't all that friendly.

We drove around to the back of the property to get to our room. This hotel is set up like a townhome complex, so the building we were in had 8 suites (4 up and 4 down). During a nice summer like now, this setup is really nice. But I can also imagine on a rainy or snowy day, this setup would not be so ideal.

The room seemed freshly renovated, so it looked more updated (and bigger) than other Residence Inn's I've been to in the past couple years. Everything was very clean. The bed was comfortable, and even the sofa bed seemed adequate (which generally isn't the case for sofa beds I've seen). Kitchen was fully equipped, but didn't use it other than the fridge. The towels provided were probably one of the softest I've had in a hotel (I find hotel towels usually to be rough). Our unit faced the back of the property, so there was absolutely no problems with outside noise. I did hear the people above us once while we were getting ready for bed, but did not notice anything the rest of the night.

The property does have an out door pool and a "sport ball" area where people can play basketball (half-court), tennis (smaller than regulation size) or badminton. Both were busy when I walked by.

Breakfast included standard Residence Inn fare: waffles, selection of breads, selection of fruits, oatmeal station, a meat station (like sausage), an egg station (scrambled), potato station (like hash browns), cereals, and yogurt. There was also selection of coffee, tea, juice and milk. We got there before 8am, so it was quiet. But by 8:30, the dining room couldn't fit everyone coming in.

The hotel is located really close to Alderwood Mall - I would even say walking distance although if you plan to shop a lot, I wouldn't want to carry all the bags back in this weather!

Overall, I really enjoyed staying at this property. It has everything our family needs for a brief stay in the area, so we would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet. Rooms on bottom floor are potentially louder due to people on top floo...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Vancouver_Roary,
Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel, and for providing updated guest photos on our Trip Advisor site. We completed a renovation last December, and most of the pictures were pre-renovation. The renovation included new carpet, paint, draperies, furniture, and the look is completely updated. It is nice to have more pictures!
Please accept my apologies that your experience at check in was quick and simple. We strive to provide a friendly check in, and we will continue to emphasize this as we train our Front Office team. I was happy to know that your suite was clean, and that beds were comfortable. I will let our Director of Housekeeping know that you were impressed with the soft towels. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Was not able to checked in by noon after driving hours from Canada. Jerry let us wait for more than 2 hours at the lobby, and still waiting as I write this comment. 2 guests already checked in before noon and we are still waiting. Jerry is giving us a really hard time. His excuse? "check in time is 4pm", what about the 2 guests who checked in before noon? who were just right in front of us. "The suite is not ready and being cleaned". Check out is 12 noon, how long will it take to clean a suite? 3-4 hours? I doubt that. This is the worse accommodation we have ever experience with Marriott. We have been members for years and so far no complaints with the service we experienced until now. I am a very disappointed that service at residence inn Lynnwood is terrible. I am not a happy camper at all! I will stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away. Not worth paying a lot with terrible service.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Judy1995,

Please accept my apologies for your experience at check in. Thank you for taking the time to discuss your experience with me, and please be assured that we are working on solutions to expedite the check in process, and to have better communication. When it is necessary to wait, we will be offering ways to keep our guests comfortable and happpy. I am so sorry that this was not your experience. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest, and thank you for being so understanding when we talked. We look forward to having you stay with us when you return to our area.

Philadelphia
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Rolled in with no reservation and they were great. Clean, nice breakfast and quiet, bathroom was very clean. Kegs across the street is fantastic. Will stay here again for sure when in the area. Bb bb bb

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear treynolds555,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. July and August are very busy months for hotels in the greater Seattle area. I was pleased that you were able to walk in and secure a room for the evening! It was also good to know that you found us to be accomodating and that the hotel was clean, as it should be! The Keg Steakhouse, next door to our hotel, is an excellent steakhouse and their service is outstanding. I'm glad you had time to dine in this restaurant. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

NORTH VANCOUVER
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Loved the size of the "King" loft, 1 bedroom. Nice having a separate bedroom/bathroom from the kids. The boys had the bedroom and my girl had the pull out couch and living room all to herself.
A full size kitchen is very nice as well.
My wife loved having a gym as well.
The kids enjoyed the outdoor pool and we all enjoyed the breakfast. being across the street from Target and Alderwood Mall was very convenient as well.
This was a treat as it is very expensive to stay here. We usually stay at another Lynnwood hotel as we do come down 4-5 times a year, Also the pool being seasonal determines where w stay.

Just my 2cts

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inside of the complex
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear flyfishn,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Our two bedroom suite is ideal for families as there are three sleeping areas and two full bathrooms. It's perfect to provide space to spread out and to keep everyone moving in and out of bathrooms as you get ready each morning. I was pleased to know that your children enjoyed our outdoor swimming pool as the weather has been wonderful for swimming and enjoying the sunshine. I'm glad that your wife could enjoy our fitness center, and that your family took advantage of our complimentary breakfast. We are ideally located adjacent to Alderwood Mall and many shopping areas. During the winter months when our swimming pool is closed, we recommend the Lynnwood Aquatic Center which is about a mile from our hotel. There are water slides, a winding river, a beach area, and there are hot tubs for family use or adult only use. During the winter months, our rates on the two bedroom, penthouse suites are discounted as well. We look forward to having you return to stay with us again!
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This Residence Inn is located where I-405 meets I-5, so is within 20 minutes by car from both Seattle and Bellevue, less than 10 minutes from Everett. It's also a stone's throw from Alderwood Mall, one of the better ones in the area. We stayed in a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom loft unit with a kitchenette and living area. It was spacious and clean, but there was a slightly damp, musty odor when we first arrived. It soon cleared up once we turned on the A/C. Didn't try the complimentary breakfast, but it can't be too much of a departure from all other Residence Inn breakfast fare. The room was well-priced, very comfortable, and we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NYCforFree
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear NYCForFree,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We really do have an excellent location as we're just a block or two away from the access to I-405/I-5 freeway ramps to Seattle and Bellevue, just North of us. Going a block or two South, you find Alderwood Mall, and a number of smaller shopping areas, resaturants, and movie theatres.

I was happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed our two bedroom/two bathroom "penthouse" suite. Most families can avoid having to reserve two hotel rooms by reserving our penthouse suite for their stay, which makes it a great price!
We look forward to having you stay with us when you return to our area, and hope you'll have time to join us for our complimentary breakfast. Thank you for being our guest!