“Average”

Best Western Alderwood
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel is definitely nothing special. Just average room, average food average service. I did have a huge problem with my key card both getting into the outside door and my room door. Even the desk clerk had trouble. It took me 10-20 times for the key to unlock the outer door which took 10 minutes. This is a safety hazard!!!! This hotel must get this fixed before someone gets hurt. Also there was a fridge in my room but no microwave. Plastic cups, I hate plastic. The breakfast was ok. I can back from my meeting at 2 pm and wanted a cup of tea. I tried to get hot water from the hot water carafe. It was empty. I tried to heat it up in the communal microwave in the lobby but someone had spilled their drink on the inside so I asked the front desk to clean it while i waited. The cycle in the minuscule exersize room had a broken strap. My room was hot and the AC switch was broken so I had to open the window. On the plus side the Halloween decorations were great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Great location. Central to where we wanted to go. Went to Seattle area for shopping and dinning. Lincoln Centre in Bellevue was only 20 minutes away, shopping, and dinning at Din Tai Fun was great. Aquarium in downtown Seattle was good too. Piker's market was really fun and had lots of unique little shops for tourist and visitors. My son had a great time. On the way back stopped at the Premium outlet for some more shopping.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lisa M, General Manager at Best Western Alderwood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one as we appreciate your business! I hope to see you the next time that you are in the greater Seattle area.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night. Actually made two reservations and forgot to cancel one, the staff were understanding and didn't charge me for the extra reservation which I believed I had cancelled.
Hotel is located within walking distance of most amenities and local bus routes provide easy access to Seattle and nearby shopping malls.
Internet service was fantastic, especially since it's complimentary and extremely fast. Will probably stay for a little longer next time I'm in the area...

Room Tip: Probably try and get an room facing West since there's much less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank HARRY D
Reviewed 3 October 2013

5am trash pickup, construction crew early am noise, could hear the man next door snoring all night long, cheap tv remote with no tv guide whatsoever. Have to surf 100 channels just to see what's on. The staff is unaware of policy or unwilling to help, and doesn't know the meaning of listening to the customer. I will not stay here again and maybe not even at another Best Western elsewhere. Definitely a turn off in terms of lodging.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife had surgery, and we needed to stay close for a few days for doctors follow-up. We asked for a suite, on the bottom floor, due to her condition. The "suite" looked like they put two regular rooms together by closing off one hallway door, and cutting a hole in the adjoining wall between the two rooms. The refrigerator was put under the redundant sink in the "living room". This arraignment led to two sets of sinks, one in each room, two bathrooms, and none of the perks i have come to expect by paying extra for the suite. Breakfast was actually the highlight of our stay. The staff was helpful, and the location was nice, but overall we were disappointed by the room, which is why you pick a hotel in the first place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John B
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Adam at the front desk is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. No request was difficult for him and he went out of his way to accommodate our needs. Thanks Adam! The hotel was clean and easily accessible, close to a big outlet mall and 15 minutes from downtown Seattle. The only problem is I wish we were able to stay longer!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The bed was very uncomfortable, I don't know if it was springs I was feeling, but I had a hard time sleeping. Breakfast was fine, even had rice for those who wanted. Coffee was typically weak. Location was acceptable. Hotel was clean and outside was very nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family