“Friendly staff but Hotel needs upgrade”

Best Western Alderwood
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Port Coquitlam
“Friendly staff but Hotel needs upgrade”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here for a shopping weekend with my daughter. The first room we were given was very small, with a big stain on the floor and to top it off the window had no lock and we were on the first floor. I went to the front desk and they were more than happy to upgrade us to a much better room. Overall we were very happy with the staff, the breakfast and found that the hotel was kept very clean. Truly I do feel that being a Best Western (and I have stayed in many) that it could use a little face lift.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Polite staff, good breakfast with variety and decent quality food, plus a pool and hot tub (which is actually quite hot - much appreciated!). The hotel decor is a bit dated, but clean. Overall it's good value for your money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Pasco, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were very pleased at our two day stay at this motel, and had a great breakfast each morning..great room also. The breakfast area is a bit crowed at 8AM but was fine earlier in the morning.The motel is located very close to shopping at the Alderwood mall which made it very handy also.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Bremerton, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I am pretty easy to please when it comes to hotels. Give me a comfortable, clean bed to sleep in and a clean room with some effort towards noise control. I also ask that things work like they are supposed to work. I had one of those here.

I have just spent three nights at this hotel. This was not anywhere near worth the money. First, they ask for a credit card for incidentals, which I assume is in case I make a phone call. In this day of free long distance I really don't understand this one. There are no other "incidentals" that I can think of. What they do not make clear is that they will put a $20 a day hold on your card. Then my key card rarely worked. I had to stick it in the slot and pull it out four or five times before my door unlocked. It also didn't work on the side entrance door like it was supposed to but I obviously wasn't the only one having that problem because they ended up just putting tape over it to keep it unlocked.

The bed in the room was like sleeping on a piece of plywood with a rock box spring. I tossed and turned all night each night. The room was dimly lit with the new "energy saving" bulbs. I was also able to hear everything that went on in the first floor hallway and I apparently had Thunderfoot McGhee in the room above me on the first night. Of course the thunderfoot thing was not the hotels fault.

The soda vending machine takes credit cards, but beware! The drinks are listed as $1.50 but if you use a credit card, its $2.00. That's not marked on the machine.

On the upside, the staff was friendly and pleasant when I had interaction with them and huge kudos to the housekeeping staff. The room was clean and the linens were clean as well. The location is pretty good with easy access to the interstate and the main road running through the area also.

There was a mini-fridge, an iron, ironing board and a hair dryer in the room. The a/c worked well. The wi-fi worked good and although someone else commented that it was slow, I didn't seem to have that problem.

Would I recommend this hotel, probably not. I stayed at a different hotel for the same price a couple of months ago when I was in Lynnwood and I was much happier there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jdmseattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel is very convenient to the freeway and major streets. We had family in Edmonds and we were only 15 minutes away from them and the shops and restaurants there. Access to the Sound and ferries was also close. The hotel was well kept and the room was fine. They do need to work on the carpet, however. We were surprised with the variety of things available at the hot breakfast. This was excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Amboy, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

easy access to interstate and just a few minutes to downtown Seattle. Nice accommodations and great staff. Good breakfast. Good looking hotel on the outside and comfortable beds. Good soundproofing, no outside noise. Close to a nice mall with a lot of good restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Easy to get to, nice rooms, great service from the staff. Good breakfast with variety of items. Only problem is that it can get a little crowded but not a big deal for me. Overall, a very good stay at a clean, comfortable Best Western.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple