All reviews starbucks coffee front desk gummy bears marriott property fire pit special thanks high speed room was clean nice pool area alderwood mall business traveler night's sleep housekeeping staff boeing factory hot tub pleasant stay mini fridge
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The beppo restaurant next door is a bonus....wifi kinda slow...
front staff competent -professional
Thank you -housekeepers for a clean fresh and refreshed room
during our stay....closeby Denny's was another plus
a flaw???well, the harmonic vibration concerto of the wall heater/air conditions
is not amusing at midnight ...but overall ...see ya next year... Spokane Traveler

Room tip: rabbits foot and a cheerful attitude with the desk clerk
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay last night. The free wifi was good, they had a paid upgrade option but the free was good. Lots of places to conveniently charge our iPads and phones, each bed side lamp had a outlet and the desk had them too.
We walked across the highway to the Black Angus using the inter urban trail that runs behind the hotel. It was raining a bit on our walk back so enjoyed warming our hands on the hotels outdoor gas fire pit!

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Short family trip to Seattle. Staff was very kind and very helpful, offering information on the hotel itself and ideas for dinner or entertainment nearby. We stayed in the suite, plenty of room for two adults and three small kids. I loved that there was a bedroom with a king bed separate from the kitchen and living area that had the pull out couch. Pillows & blankets were very comfortable and the suite felt clean. Initially the bed felt pretty comfortable, but woke up a few time because I could feel the springs. The noise traveled from the other rooms, but it wasn't too bad. There were two areas of the room that I wished were cleaned better. There were kids sticky fingerprints on the window when we got there (not from my kids), and there was large sections of mold spotted along the bathroom on the ceiling. The parking situation was very convenient, but the elevator to our room was heavily scented. It didn't smell like it was covering anything up, but it was too potent. My 6 year old with asthma was coughing nearly uncontrollably by the time we got to our floor. So we used the stairs instead. Only other complaint was the lack of continental breakfast, they recently remodeled and put in a cafe and bar, so you had to pay for breakfast. For $160, I think it should have included breakfast. The pool was nice and warm and the kids had a great time.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night during the Easter weekend. This is the first time I've stayed at this hotel, but have stayed at other hotels in the area a few times before. I prepaid a room for about $87 USD which was a fantastic deal and was very happy with our stay considering the price. However, there are a few good hotels in Lynnwood, so by no means is this the only option.

Finding the hotel isn't difficult, but isn't entirely obvious either... the hotel isn't immediately noticeable on Alderwood Mall Blvd. It's set in further in, next to a La Quinta, so it can easily be missed if you're not looking. There is plenty of outdoor parking.

Check in was OK. The front desk person seemed a bit flustered and disorganized. She was neither friendly, nor rude - just rushed. We got our keys in reasonable time and immediately went to our room.

The inside of the hotel is completely renovated and so everything is pretty sleek and modern including the lobby, hallways and rooms. This is in contrast to the outside which looks untouched during the renovation.

Our room was nice. Although freshly renovated, some elements seemed out-of-step. It was hard for me to tell if the furniture was new but looked dated, or if it was old but kept in good condition - not a big deal either way. There is a nice large LCD HD TV, but some of the channels are SD feed. The room was average size and equipped with a mini-fridge. There was no in-room safe. Our room did face the highway, and we could hear the highway noise so this would not be ideal for light sleepers.

I found the WiFi speed in our room (and at the lobby public terminals) to be on the slow side.

We did have breakfast once downstairs and it was OK.

We did not use the pool or fitness centre, but the pool looked like a decent size. The fitness room looked small, but that's not uncommon.

There a plenty of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel, and Alderwood Mall is a very short drive away.

Overall, I was happy with our stay based on what we paid. This price was ideal for me and my wife considering we don't eat much for breakfast. But if the price creeps up, or if I bring my kids too, I would consider the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express since their rates include breakfast which provides better overall value. If I could give 3.5 stars, I would, but since I can't, I'm giving 4 stars simply for the great price for a recently renovated hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This is our Second time at this hotel. Rooms are very clean and spacious. The staff is well trained and atentive to guest needs. Good breakfast options so you do not need to leave the hotel. Just off I-5 with several restaurants and shopping areas nearby. Two large malls 5 minutes north or south.

Date of stay: March 2014