“Excellent location, but poor hotel”

Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Reviewed 25 March 2014

When I arrived at the hotel, as soon as I walk in, a loud noise from the guests greeted me from the dining area. At that time I had just found out that this hotel was so popular, which I have higher expectations. In the room, many places are quite dusty, when I cleaned it, parts of the cloth was dark. Many places like the TV remote, and light switches were not cleaned. These places is where hotel guests tend to touch the most. For the power plugs, many of them were not working, which made me not realizing it until the next morning. Also, the tissue box was missing, which made me very inconvenient. Other than the bad side, there are some good side to this hotel. It was lovely that on every bed they leave a note saying that they cleaned the room just for you. Also the breakfast had many varieties but did not taste as good.

Room Tip: I suggest to stay in a higher floor, because of the amount of children that could disturb your sleep...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Danh T, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Racsolam,

Thank you for your recent visit to our property and taking the time to comment about your visit.

I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations in a number of areas and I hope you can accept my apologies for letting you down. I appreciate you sharing your feedback with me about the cleanliness of the guests’ room. I have shared your comment with the housekeeping department and we will pay greater attention to the cleanliness of the guest’s room going forward.

Again, thank you for your recent visit to our property and taking the time to share your comment with me. Please note, your comment is very valuable to us and it will help us improve on the area that we are lacking of. Our goal is to make sure we provide a clean room and a great memorable experience for our travelers. I hope we can invite you back for a much better experience and demonstrate our true Hamptonality!

Danh H. Tran

Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is our second stay, first stay was not so great, with the noise from the lobby keeping us awake. They are in the middle of renos and have closed off the ceiling, so no more noise. 2 king size beds is what brings us back. Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Marnasunshine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with me and gave us a second chance to demonstrate our true Hamptonality.

I am grateful to hear that you are pleased with our improvement. It was very kind of you to take the time to post a review for the follow up which is not something everyone would do.

I hope to have the opportunity to thank you in person when your travel brings you back to our hotel in the near future. I will be sure to pass on your comment to the team as I know they will enjoy hearing the positive impact they had on your recent visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We recently took a team to the Hampton Inn Lynnwood which we often do. This time our team was put on the first floor. Very disappointing. This floor seems dark and dingy. Considering we had to pay higher than rack rate, we were all disappointed in being put in these rooms. It just left us feeling not valued customers. Otherwise we love the happy hour, staff, location and pool.

Room Tip: Don't stay on first floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cancam,

Thank you for your recent visit to our property and taking the time to post a review on your recent visit.

I am disappointed to hear that we failed short on providing a great memorable experience for your team and I hope you can accept my apologies. Please note that your business is very valuable to us and we do not want you to feel that you are not important to us. I understand the inconvenience you experienced and apologize we were unable to accommodate your needs. I will be sure to review your feedback with my team and Beverly, our Group Sales Manager.

If there is anything I can do to make your future stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let me know. Our goal is to make sure we provide a memorable experience for our travelers.

Again, thank you for your recent visit to our property.

Danh Tran

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great hotel , reasonably priced ,with a fantastic breakfast included . Our problem is, this hotel is not within walking distance of any dining and their shuttle service does not start till 8.00p.m., a taxi at 6.30p.m. Thursday night takes a 25-30 min. wait. This was a birthday event and I will not drink and drive but to meet out restaurant reservation I drove and had to refrain from having an alcoholic beverage . The front desk manager couldn't give a damn!! . This hotel was not always like this . We are not put off by this one incident of poor service and we will return as everything else was excellent .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Danh T, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Hello Mr. Angus,

Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me today in regards to your visit.

I appreciate your honest feedback and understanding. It is always a pleasant to hear your overall experience with us was great. I am thrilled to learn that our standard of service has continually brought you back to our property. I will be sure to share your feedback with my staff as they will be pleased to know just how much you enjoyed your stay.

Please be sure to ask for me in your next visit to our property, I would love to have the opportunity to meet and thank you in person.

Again, if there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know. I can be reached at danh.tran2@hilton.com or via phone 425.771.1888.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Good location, close to highway and mall. Staff is friendly, though they seem understaffed in the evening shift, lobby is under construction. You can get free bottles of water at front desk, which was nice. Happy hour with free food, beer and wine is a nice touch but food is average as is breakfast. Free parking but very dark. Average cable channel selection, not surprisingly. Large room, bed was ok, average toiletries, bad toilet paper and tissue. LOTS of families with kids, running up and down the hallway, crying, talking loudly, jumping up and down in room above. If you like that, you'll have a ball!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank PatoColumbus
Danh T, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Hello PatoColumbus,

Thank you for your recent visit to our property and taking the time to write a review about your visit. Our goal is to provide a great and memorable experience for each of our guest. I appreciate you taking the time to write an honest review, as well as sharing with me the areas that we may need improvements.

We are continuously striving to provide the best service to our guests as well as making adjustments to enhance our overall guest experience.

If there is anything I could do to make your future stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let me know. I can be reached at danh.tran2@hilton.com or via phone 425-771-1888.

Warmest Regards,

Danh Tran

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This hotel is in the middle of remodeling the lobby so when you first walk in it's not pretty, but hey, the employees were friendly and quick and we weren't sleeping in the lobby, so no big deal. The room, the two queen bed set-up, was large, comfortable and clean. The bathroom had lots of counter space and plenty of mirror to go around too, so no fighting over space. My family and I travel with a lot of devices so the hub on the night stand for plugging in devices was handy.
The hotel has a pool, decently sized and not over-crowded the weekend we were there so my kids had fun swimming. There was an actual breakfast spread, free-I might add, in the morning. French toast, waffles, sausage,cereal, muffins, coffee, juice and more from 6-10. I had read in another review that the food went quickly and if you got down late there would be nothing left, but we showed up after 9 and there was plenty. The hotel offering this breakfast was probably my favorite of the stay. It eliminated my families usual where are we gonna eat that we can all agree on before we hit the road argument. Nice.
I don't like to stay in the same place twice usually because I like variety, but if we ever stay in the Lynwood area again I would stay here again and I am definitely going to check out some other Hampton Inn and Suites in other cities and I really hope they are as great as this one.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Danh T, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Hello Carolyn M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your visit. I am thrilled to hear your stay with us was great and you encountered friendly service from the staff. It is always a pleasure to read comment like yours. There is nothing better than to hear that we were able to impress with both accommodations as well as the customer service.

I am happy to know that you will consider staying with us again in your next visit to the Lynnwood area. Please be sure to ask for me in your next visit to our hotel. I would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back in person. In addition, I would like to hear your feedback after we done with our lobby renovation. As you can tell from your previous visit we were in the middle of the renovation. As a matter of fact, we just completed stage one of the lobby remodel. In the next few weeks we will start phase two of the lobby remodel. The team and I are very excited and cannot wait for the new look.

Again, thank you very much for your lovely reviews and we look forward to see you in the future!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed in a serviced apartment type room in the hotel. Boy was it spacious! The living room had a nice-sized tv, there was a couch by the window for reading or lazing, the kitchen had the usual stove, microwave oven, pots and pans, bowls, fridge etc, and the room was very spacious as well. I was there for 2 weeks and really grew to appreciate what was offered.

First, you have free cookies after 4pm thereabouts. That'll secure my vote anytime!! I inhaled their soft baked M&M cookies every evening. The free flow of beer and chips and cheese dip sealed the deal. This ends at 7pm so you know when to head back to the hotel ;)

Second - the laundry is free for use by residents. Detergents can be bought of a dollar a packet. Each packet lasts 3 washes for me. There were 3 washing machines and 3 dryers, so I never had to wait.

Third, the location was awesome for me. It was next to Nordstrom Rack. I depleted quite a bit of my bank account there.... Not to mention DSW, Old Navy, Best Buy we're literally across the road, and the awesome Alderwood Mall was within walking distance.

Fourth - the hotel has a shuttle which takes you anywhere within a 10-mile radius. Which means Michaels and Pro-golf was within reach. I would take the shuttle to the Lynnwood Transit Centre almost every morning, and catch the bus to Seattle. The journey costs $3.50 I think, which is very reasonable and affordable. I always got a seat, and the journey is an okay 40-50mins. This is far compared to hotels located in town, but I was there with my husband who was on a work trip, and had to be in Lynnwood area. I prefer the ambience in Lynnwood. More space to breathe, and more relaxing.

There were some downs... My heater was not working,but they offered a free upgrade, since it was fixed within a day, I chose not to accept the upgrade as I was lazy to move my things. Second, I had some trouble with the stove, but that was fixed pronto too. Last, the bus service does not run on Sundays apparently, so be prepared!

Airport Shuttle runs by Hampton Inn and Suites, so it cost me an affordable $27 for each trip. I enjoyed my stay very much and will recommend especially for families with kids, or dogs.it was awesome to see pet dogs around!

Stayed: February 2014

Hello Kokonuk,

Thank you for your recent visit to our property and taking the time to write a lovely review about your visit. It is always a pleasure to read comment like yours. I am pleased to know your stay with us was great and you encountered friendly service from the staff. More importantly, I am happy to know that you found the location of the hotel was convenient for your travel.

You are absolutely right about the cookies and the evening reception. Nothing is better than a glass of wine and a cookie after a long day. It is the best way to unwind and relax. I am glad that you and your family were able to enjoy our wonderful amenities.

Again, thank you for allowing us to be part of your memorable experience during your visit to Lynnwood. Please be sure to ask for me in your next visit. I would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back in person.

Regards,