“Impersonal trearment”

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Sparks, Nevada
“Impersonal trearment”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Make sure to call each location separately! Rates vary wildly! Staff could not have cared less about the guests. I was going to stay for 85 nights until I found the same room 10 miles down the road for half the price.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank pyramidtaylor
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed to read that you received such poor service from our staff. In response to your feedback, I will be meeting with my entire staff to discuss customer service standards to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with our rates. Your feedback on this issue will be helpful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. The staff and I thank you again for your review. Please contact me, at sln@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have been here for over a month, I am here because of company choice.

For the past month that I have been here, my room has not been cleaned as scheduled Each and every week, I have been given some excuse as to why my room is not being cleaned. When I returned on Wednesday afternoon to my unclean room, I was advised that it was not cleaned due to the fact that the water was off for maintenance. I was told it would be cleaned on Thursday. On Thursday when I returned to my unclean room, I was told that housekeeping staff had quit and they were short of staff. I asked for clean towels and was given 2 bath towels. When I asked for hand towels and wash cloths I was told that there was none available at the moment. Again I was assured that my room would be cleaned on Friday. Well it is Friday afternoon and I have just returned from work. Guess what? My room has yet to be cleaned! What does it take to get a room cleaned in this establishment??? The front desk says they will make sure it gets cleaned first thing in the morning. Well what if I wanted to sleep in after a long work week?

I also had a package delivered yesterday. When I inquired about it, I was told it was on the list but they couldn't find it. It was even suggested that maybe it was returned. I returned to the front desk and informed them the tracking for my package noted that it was delivered at 10:07am. I was then told maybe it was in the box. Well the clerk goes out to check the mail at 6:30pm and comes back with a hand full of mail and there is my package. The mail had not been picked up all day.

As stated before, I am staying here because of company choice and not of my own choice. The customer service here is lacking. After a long work week, I am forced to stay in a room where the sheets have not been changed in over a week nor the trash emptied. I guess it never occurred to anyone on the housekeeping staff to at least change the sheets or refresh the towels even though the water was off. I am definitely not understanding what these two task have to do with no running water. I guess it could be assumed that asking or suggesting that I get some clean sheets or fresh towels was out of the question because that didn't happen either.

I rarely complain and try to make the best of situations I am placed in when they are beyond my control. This situation is really trying my patience and is just absolutely ridiculous. My experience here has been the worst traveling experience ever. I can definitely say that I will never stay here or recommend Extended Stay to anyone I know. I have traveled the world and have never experienced such poor customer service and lodging.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MiaRules
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your housekeeping was missed so many days in a row and that your mail had been neglected. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with each of the staff members about the housekeeping issue and the issue with the your mail to ensure that your experience is not repeated. I will also be working with my entire staff to ensure that we always have clean towels and linens available for guests as needed. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at SLN@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Lebanon, Oregon, USA
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Staff was friendly and room was,well, a room. Nothing really special, but it was clean and comfortable.

The "breakfast" (called,kindly, a grab and go) was somewhat pathetic, though the coffee was acceptable. Packaged muffins and granola bars were something, but not much to call it a breakfast.

Acceptable for a short stay when you are on the road.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room; however, we do apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our breakfast selection. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at SLN@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 1 July 2014

very nice and nice breakfast it does not have bus shuttle to the airport . everything els are excellent
so you can stay in this hotel
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are glad to read that you were pleased with our grab-and-go breakfast. We apologize for this property not offering shuttle service, but are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you again for posting your review. We hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Strasburg, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have stayed here many times on our visits to family. On this visit we had to wait for our room. When we got in the room The keys did not work. When we got the right keys and entered the room the kitchen sink was dripping and I knew that I could not sleep with that noise. I contacted the front desk and was moved to another room. As I entered the second room the smell of cigarette smoke was intense, especially in the bathroom. Normally this is a good place to stay, but I was just not pleased this time around. I also wanted to use a computer to print my aline boarding passes and the hotel has no such amenity. The staff was very friendly and the morning coffee is delicious!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Carol - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that your room was not ready when you arrived and that your room key did not work. As well, I am sorry that your sink was leaking and that your second room smelled of smoke. I will be meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure these issues are properly addressed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.
Daegu, South Korea
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This place is like having your own apartment! I love that I can save money by cooking my own food. It's walking distance to a Whole Foods grocery store, a Barnes and Noble and a short car trip or long walk to the Alderwood Mall. It looks as though it was recently remodeled. Everything looks fresh and the stay is comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Debra L
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Lynnwood, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Debra – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here 3 times, twice for a week. My summary is "you get what you pay for". The price is reasonable. My stay coincided with major construction which on one occasion continued until 10pm in the room above me. After complaining to the front desk a couple of times I ended up getting a free night but what I really wanted was a good rest. During another stay the neighbor's TV could be heard through the wall late at night.
If someone is trying to reach you by phoning the front desk they are likely to find that there is often no reply. The staff was friendly and helpful. The place is clean. Having cooking facilities is convenient. The "grab and go" breakfast has some fruit and granola bars and muffins and coffee. Not really enough for a meal and contains lots of sugar.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor. The I5 highway noise is not as bad as the 196 St noise.