“Okay for Business Trip, better for Families”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lynnwood Seattle Everett, WA
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Denver, United States
“Okay for Business Trip, better for Families”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Hotel was more than needed for a business trip. Rooms were set up for long stays with small appliances, all of which i did not use. But they did appear to be in nice working order. Would have been significantly more useful for a family vacation, which there were a lot of around based on the number of children present.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here for a week while looking for permanent residency. Loved it! Everything was new, immaculate, beautiful, fully stocked. The staff was friendly. The breakfast buffet and dinner during the week was a nice benefit as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Huntington Beach, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff. Very clean and stylish rooms. Clean and updated kitchen with everything but the food to eat in your room. But they will even shop for you. Lots of food to chose from at breakfast, didn't eat dinner at the hotel.

Mead, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a great time! The hotel was beautiful, staff was wonderful, room was comfortable and fully stocked for ease of use. The pool/ slide was very fun and our whole family was pleased. We will return!

Newport, OR
Reviewed 5 August 2014

As others have written this hotel has been open for a few months now. You would think by now they would have gotten it together especially concerning the breakfast. We were there for 3 nights and each morning items had run out on the breakfast line and the one gal working to keep it supplied and clear tables was overwhelmed. Also, they had one tub in which to place used dishes and it was always overflowing and people were putting dishes on the floor around it.
The rooms while looking new and modern had some of the most uncomfortable furniture in the living room area we had ever encountered in a hotel. Walls and ceiling didn't seem very well insulated as you could hear quite a bit of noise from the surrounding rooms.
Even when the hotel is full they only get a limited number of USA Today newspapers which run out quickly. When I asked for a paper I was told they were out but I could read it online, if I wanted to read it online I would have done that.
The staff was friendly but the two working the front desk when I asked for some directions had very limited knowledge of the local area and admitted they had only recently arrived in the area.
We only stayed here because the nearby Embassy Suites was full which is where we normally stay and where we will be staying again the next time we travel to this area to visit family. Of all the Homewood Suites we have stayed at this is the only one I wouldn't return to.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ortravelers
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This is a new property. It has a nice area out back with barbecues and a gas fire table. It has a lounge with video games, tv's and a pool table. It has a pool with a waterslide. It backs onto a very busy freeway so there is road noise. I enjoyed the size of the room. I enjoyed the fitness room which was well equipped. Problem for us was even though they have these areas and amenities, we were not able to use them for the most part. The waterslide is open only for limited hours during the week-end (this wasn't advertised when we made our reservation). They didn't even keep those hours when we stayed there. I think the hours were posted 12-8, but really it was 12-6 and 7-8 because the lifeguard takes an unadvertised break. My kids got there at 5pm one day thinking they could use the slide until 8. At 6pm the lifeguard closed up the slide and left the pool area and then the signs indicating the slide was open for that period were removed by another staff member. So my kids thought the slide had been closed for the day for some unknown reason, so they left the pool area disappointed. When we asked later the front desk clerk told us the lifeguard was taking his break from 6-7. She was not apologetic at all for the fact that they did not advertise the hours correctly to their guests. At least advertise/post this in your waterslide hours notice. The amenities above are good if you can use them. They advertise free internet in the rooms. We stayed in a room that was a suite with two queens and a hide-a-bed. We could only get internet in an area about 5-6 feet from the front door. My wife could get no wifi internet anywhere in the room with her samsung tablet. None of us could get wifi internet in the bedroom/desk area. I called to ask about this on the first morning. A staff member was sent up to check and he tried with his mobile device and agreed that it did not work and said they would not be able to fix it right away as it was due to a reception issue (their signal didn't reach far enough). I indicated that we were planning to stay 4 nights. He said he would look into this and they would get back to us. They did not get back to us at all (as promised) during the remainder of our stay (poor customer service in my opinion). I usually work at night in my room at the bedroom desk using wireless as I am a business owner, so the advertised wifi was one of the reasons I booked this hotel. I ended up not being able to do this. I had to use my ipad on cellular with limited function and incurred substantial personal roaming costs because of this (I am from out of country). During the time we stayed there we couldn't get near the barbecues as there were large sports teams staying there and they hogged the barbecue and patio area each night. The breakfast was good but ended at 9am on the week-days and if we didn't get there by 8am the choices became more limited. I don't drink coffee but heard people complaining that the coffee containers were empty and not refilled on a timely basis during the breakfast, and some indicated they were not refilled at all during the breakfast time period. Most evenings the teams also would hog the lounge area, our kids could not get into that room to use the pool table. Basically the nightly "barbecue using" team had small kids running burgers, shrimp skewers to their other team members/siblings/parents all over the property including the lounge room, pool area etc. This hotel looks attractive as it is new and looks good on paper. They didn't deliver what they advertised in my opinion. I am a Hilton Honours member and stay in a number of Hilton hotels during the year. As well my company does significant conference business with Hilton products in Canada. I called Hilton Honours to give a complaint ( fyi, this is the first time in a number of years that I have felt the need to do this). The representative from Hilton said someone from the property would call or contact me within 72 business day hours. Surprise...no one contacted me. Poor customer service. It is a nice property with nice amenities, but the amenities were not fully usable due to the large guest/room count the hotel has. The staff seem unable to respond in a positive manner to issues or complaints. I would consider the Marriot Residence Inn or Courtyard or the Hampton Inn as options in the future.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dennis S
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Nice clean property with a good breakfast and evening manager reception. Service was outstanding. Convenient location not too far from downtown Seattle and hiking in the Cascades. Would recommend this hotel to families as well as couples and business travelers.