“Very nice stay, staff above and beyond expected”

La Quinta Inn Lynnwood
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed 4 nites on a recent trip to Seattle and area. Have stayed at La Quintas before and this one was consistent with others I've stayed at, very good overall.
Checkin and staff was pleasant and quick. We had originally been assigned a room beside an elevator but got it switched to top floor away from elevator and ice machines with no problem.
When we arrived at the room, there was a fridge but no microwave as I was expecting. A call to the front desk and the pleasant lady that checked us in said she'd see if she could find one. A few minutes later, she showed up at the door toting a small microwave. I checked on the free wifi included and I couldn't find where I actually thought there would be a microwave in the room--must have been another hotel I was checking out.
Super comfy beds and nice continental breakfast. The room was very clean, as well. Very good location, close to the large Alderwood Mall and several grocery stores. Restaurants close by and in the mall too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Super comfy beds, great location and breakfast is included. You do have to watch and compare prices though. I usually pay about $80/night or I stay elsewhere. Just check online first. The breakfast is pretty good. It includes a make your own waffle station, fruit, yogurt, toast, waffles, boiled eggs and coffee/tea/hot chocolate. There is also cereal available. Noise proofing is great. They have just upgraded to proper coffee mugs and fancy glass drinking glasses in the room which is a nice touch. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Lynnwood area and even to those wanting to check out Seattle without staying right in the city.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed for the weekend at this hotel, overall the hotel was fine, rooms were fine.

Service lacks any communication. When we checked in, we were told breakfast was until 10am.

During the week they shutdown breakfast at 9am, which hotel does this ? Every hotel I stay at has breakfast at least until 10am. Is this a cost savings and screwing over your guests ?

They should make sure guests understand when breakfast is available, this is part of communication and service especially when you travelling with a family.

I will think twice about staying at a La Quinta due to this oversight.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the breakfast times at the hotel as they shutdown early during the week.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steven W
Reviewed 8 October 2013

we stayed here for the weekend, close to the mall and lots of good restaurants around the area. I didnt have a bottle opener and the front desk had one and even brought it up to the room. The room was spacious and clean. My sisters could here the traffic from the freeway but i couldnt, my bed was great,nice sheets and mattress.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We wanted to love this hotel, since it has many positive qualities: good price, friendly staff, clean rooms, and convenient location for Seattle.

However, the sleep quality was terrible. The mattresses are way too soft and with no support at all. These are the least firm mattresses I have ever encountered at any hotel. After two nights trying to sleep on these beds, we left feeling tired and with aching backs. Despite it's other positive qualities, we won't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank T6D3
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Nice motel. We strayed on the second floor at the end of the hallway. The room was clean, big and quiet. The staff was great and very helpful. My wife and I were very pleased. They honored the coupon we found in the discount coupon book for motels. Saved us a couple of bucks.

There is the "Interurban Trail" that is almost next door to the motel. At the far end of the parking lot, multiple businesses, is the trail. The trail actually runs behind the Marriott Motel which is next door to the LaQuinta. If you go to the trail and cross over the pedestrian bridge the trail passes through some nice nature type cover. The other direction the trail is more open. The I-5 runs long the side of the trail but we could not see it due to the vegetation. We took our dog for her walks here, very nice. We saw bicyclists, walkers and joggers on the trail. The trail is paved and wide.

My wife and I highly recommend the LaQuinta if you are staying in this area!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This property is usually busy with many Canadians looking for a cheap place to spend the weekend. It is a clean room, bathroom and decent place to stay. It has an indoor pool as well. Serves hot breakfast, although if you are staying here during a long weekend the breakfast area is very busy. This is also popular stop for many kids playing in sports in the area. The hotel does look rather old and can use some update. The hotel is well located to nearby shopping areas. Overall, not a bad place to stay for cheap.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family