“ok but probably wont stay there again”

Mountain View Lodge & Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manson
Gig Harbor, Washington
“ok but probably wont stay there again”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The good thing is that I knew the room was clean, the smell of bleach was so strong, it was almost UNBEARABLE. The bed was very lumpy and the WiFi was down the whole time. There is also no coffee makers in the rooms, I dont like people looking at me when I first wake up and need coffee. I had to go down to the office in my pajamas to get some. Ugh. There are also signs in the rooms telling you to pick up after yourself. Never seen that in any other hotel, im trying to relax not spend the night at my mothers house. The tvs are nice, staff are pleasant, they have a nice family sorta area in the office with board games. And a nice area for bbq, and they are very close to the casino. Plus there are a lot of wine tasteing and other activities within walking distance. I like the area they are located but the crazy bleach smell alone is enough for me not to go back, if they could at least change that I might stay again because of location.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay there ask them to air out your room before you get there.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank september208
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge & Resort, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear September208... I am so sorry!!! This one has to be blamed, with appreciation, on my husband. We call him "VP." Right at the exact time you stayed with us, he had picked up a new cleaning product for the girls to try. They HATED it, too!!! It is gone and we will not be using that terrible "bleach" smelling stuff anymore! Also, we will do just about anything for our "family!" We DO have coffee service available for our rooms and I would change you in a heartbeat to find you a bed more to your liking (if available, of course!). In addition, we have made some other changes that will make you happy. I hope you'll give us another try; we would love to have you back! Be sure to remind us who you are, okay?! And, NO bleach smell - I promise. :o)

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Seattle area
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Mountain View Lodge is a basic, clean, family motel. There's nothing bad about it, but there's not too much that's particularly memorable about the individual rooms. If you are planning a group event, such as a family reunion or small professional meeting (with, say, about 30 attendees), it's got some nice features. The office has a good-sized meeting room, and there's an outdoors "shed" with a fire pit and very good gas grills which can be used for events such as a group barbeque. The rates were a little pricier than I would have expected for the rooms on their own, but if you're using the group facilities, it's worth the extra cost.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are about the same. There aren't any elevators. The biggest question is wheth...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for your thoughts, DealLovingTraveler! You are fair and honest, covering both sides of your experience, and we appreciate that! You know, we did think about creating each room individually when do the complete renovation in 2008 and decided against it. We thought putting our money into the new Pavilion, Great Room, and hot tub/pool area was best so we went for warmth and comfort. I hope you found that. That being said, we have three beautiful Kitchenette units that are very unique! I hope you'll come back and let me take you on a tour! Since I notice that you are a "deal lover," did you take advantage of our NEW free Continental Breakfast? Hoping to see you again!
Germantown, MD
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Nice, family run hotel. Friendly and helpful staff, and lovely view of the mountains. The room was very clean and comfortable. Short walk to several dinner options. Wifi worked well. Did not mind getting coffee in the lobby, in fact it was helpful since I wake up much earlier than my daughter and I was able to bring my coffee outside and admire the views. I would stay here again, definitely.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hi Kaylin! We are glad you enjoyed your early morning coffee & peaceful time. We really enjoy seeing our "family" as they are embarking on their day. It offers us a time to contribute a smile to start the day off just right! You might like to know that we now offer FREE continental breakfast in the "Off Season," too! We look forward to seeing you again!
Fullerton, CA
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We loved this place, a short walk to great dining, we loved Chelan Brewing and Troy's Pizza. The room was clean, I loved the little sitting area outside the room, everyone seemed to hang out and drink their wine and chat. The pool and Jacuzzi was great, they provided towels at the front desk, as one guest said you didn't have to "rent" the towels, you just checked them out, I imagine this is so they don't lose them. The room provided a darker towel for the women who wear makeup so the towels didn't get stained, another nice touch is the darker towel if you spill red wine. I also loved the microwave and the mini fridge in the room. I suggested they put a roll of paper towels in the room, this would eliminate the need for the darker spill towels. Our bed was great, would have liked a better air conditioner, ours never got cool. The staff was great, the post office was closed on Saturday and Sunday, so they took my flat rate box for me and dropped it at the post office. They might want to grab a few boxes and keep them at their front desk, they allowed me to use their computer to print up my label that I printed on line and taped it up for me. This was just one of the more personal touches you receive for staying at a family owned hotel. We will certainly stay here again when staying in Manson, thank you for making our final days of our trip to Washington so relaxing.

Room Tip: Pre-pack your plates and seasoning, this place has a fantastic grilling area, they sell a family pac...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your review, Fetishbear! You touched on lots of topics; nice job! Well, it seems you truly experienced what we love about Manson (on Lake Chelan)... we like to welcome people to "Serenity!" MVL and Manson are a place where everyone becomes family. You can look at our village as the end of the road OR where all roads start! You might like to know that a property improvement plan for 2014 is to create some cabinetry around the fridge and microwaves and we plan to implement your idea about the paper towels. Being female, I know how the makeup thing goes... we'll probably keep those dark colored cloths - just in case!
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 3 September 2013

we stayed there for one night and went to an outdoor concert at the casino. War was playing and it was very good. there was a shuttle that took us from the lodge to the casino so it was very convenient. the rooms were very clean and beds were very comfortable. would recommend this Lodge to anyone. not to mention it was near the lake and several bars and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jaye0329
Thank you, Jaye0329! We appreciate the good words and welcome any thoughts on future property improvements, as well! The Mill Bay Casino does a great job on their summer concert line-up and the transportation from the Lodge is a huge plus! Can't wait to hear who will be here in Summer 2014... :o)
Tacoma
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We spent 3 lovely days in a great king-size room, had every convenience, and the nicest people in the world to help us at any time. We decided we wanted a coffee maker, and they brought one in, could not get the password to work for the internet and it was done promptly for me. We loved that huge pool and hot tub, were about a block from a lake front community park, loved their huge pavilion where we grilled great steaks. We are so glad this is the place we chose to stay. One teeny, tiny wish.....better light bulbs to read by. Thank you all for a wonderful mini-vacation.

sallygoodtimes

Room Tip: First floor if it is hard at all to go up and down stairs and loving the pool, we were right across...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beverly A
Hi Beverly! Thank you so much for your review and your request! We are working on adding more lighting options in the rooms. We have doubled the number of light in the rooms and would love to have your feelings about the change when you arrive next time. In addition to that, I would like you to know that if you EVER have a need, even as seemingly "small" as reading light, we will do whatever we can to accommodate your needs right then! Just let us know; you're part of the family!
Milwaukie, Oregon
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This motel has large rooms and free parking. However, the cost of staying there did not reflect the care that should come with the price. The housekeeping was very poor: bathroom and vanity were not cleaned during our stay. The trash was not emptied. Light bulbs were not changed when burned out. Had to ask to have a coffee machine in the room. When we mentioned our concerns, the owner, who was very friendly when we checked in, did send an apology and a bottle of wine and was willing to come around to fix it, but it would have been nearly 9 p.m. when that would have happened. I believe there has been a change in management and it may take time to work out the details, but these seem basic procedures that should have been consistent. For the price it takes to stay anywhere in Chelan or Manson, this motel was not up to expectations.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bill F
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge & Resort, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Bill, I already spoke with you in person, and have replied to your review on Booking.com, but I want to take the time to fully acknowledge your disappointment. I am truly sorry that your stay was so bad; it is not our norm. We have not changed management or family in 20 years and have NEVER had a bad review because of lack of cleanliness. But we do change most of our housekeeping staff yearly since this is a seasonal destination resort area. Unfortunately, I am really struggling with my new staff at the moment. I will share your review with them and make sure that this is changed immediately. I hope you and other readers give us a chance to show our true colors.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manson
Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
Lake View Hotel
Lake View Hotel
#4 of 8 in Chelan
No photo provided

Been to Mountain View Lodge & Resort? Share your experiences!