“This is the place to eat in town for dinner!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Manson - CLOSED

Cafe Manson
Cuisines: French, American, International, Contemporary, Diner
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: (509) 888-4197 An (as yet) unheralded gem in a tiny town on Lake Chelan. Owner/chefs are clearly dedicated and trained at a top restaurant in Seattle; food is great, always prepared with fresh ingredients, and very imaginative and tastefully done. Service is friendly and unobtrusive. As food enthusiasts from Seattle, we were delighted to find this great place in Manson.
Covington, WA
“This is the place to eat in town for dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

No longer Cafe Manson and is now Cannella Kitchen. Local friends of ours have mentioned this place practically since they moved to Manson. So when visiting them it was not optional to come here. We were not disappointed! Love the farm to table aspect of the restaurant. The food and service were wonderful. The prices were very reasonable. Reservations definitely recommended during high season. Really nice variety of local wines and reasonable prices on the wine list!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank stacywine

Seattle
“Another amazing meal at Canella (Cafe Manson).”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love this restaurant! The owners are so welcoming and take such pride in their food. The food is always fresh and much of it comes from their own garden. The wine selection is a great mix of the local Lake Chelan wineries. I had the steelhead salmon this last time and it was by far the one of the best salmon preparations I have ever had (having grown up eating fresh salmon once or twice a week, this is a huge statement). I always leave this restaurant feeling pleasantly filled and delighted to know that I am eating healthy food made with love. If you are in Manson or Chelan you must visit this place!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank issy-family
Chelan, Washington
“One of our favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Cafe Manson is on our regular list of delicious restaurants for weekend dining. My husband enjoys well-prepared meats with sauces and sides complementing flavors. I like vegetarian dishes that bring out the flavors of the vegetables instead of hiding them with cheese and sauces. We are both happy here!

1 Thank Jennifer W
Edmonds, Washington
“Best pork ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

This is a fun local place and if you can sit at the high table, makes it nice to get to know some strangers while you are in town. We had a winemakers dinner here and it was great how everyone just walked around and chatted with each other and we felt we made new friends while having a fantastic meal.

Shoreline, Washington
“Very good and focused restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

We've been to Cafe Manson a few times and have never been disappointed. I fact, I'd rank it among high end/gourmet restaurants in some of the best travel destination anywhere. Keep in mind this is in Manson which is nearly empty 3/4 of the year with the exception of an occasional weekend...so you can only imagine the challenges of maintaining quality and competent staff. That said, the few items on the menu are always extremely well done.

Last night we enjoyed a spectacular winemaker dinner. The smoked pork chops were the best I've ever experienced - tender, juicy and deeply penetrated with a wonderful smoke flavor. The salmon and fried lemon appetizers were also a great treat, so much so that I had to hold back to keep from filling up on them. Finally the bread pudding with caramel sauce was one of the best I've ever had, made very uniquely with a touch of Asian spices.

Given the location and time of year, the staff is perhaps not the most experienced, but they are attentive and eager to assure you have a good experience, so I cut them some slack on that. In short, if you want to have a great dining experience in Manson, you definitely need to give Cafe Manson a try.

2 Thank rbeachkid