“Beautiful and Clean!!”

Tulalip Resort Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here with a friend and we both loved it. As soon as we walked into the resort it smelled fresh, we checked in and received great customer service, she genuinely was nice and wanted to help. We went up the elevators hallways smelled clean as well, scoring more points. We opened the door to our room and it was beautiful!! We were both very impressed with the size of the room, the amazing shower, and so nice that the bathroom was separate so if my friend needed to brush her teeth, put on her make up etc. I could still go to the restroom no need to wait. Bed was comfortable and the pillows so soft. I would highly recommend this place, we are non-smokers and they did a fabulous job of keeping that smell out of the areas we wandered around. My friend got a great deal on Booking.com for the double queen room.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is by far the nicest Indian Casino we have ever visited. We bought the package with the breakfast buffet and I would recommend this option, since the buffet is excellent--BBQ salmon in hollandaise, wonderful fresh fruit, omelets and eggs made to order, as well as several types of scrambled eggs, homemade hash etc. We found that around 10:15 the shift to lunch began so late breakfast eaters could also have baked salmon, honey glazed ham, roast beef, pizza, and a nice variety of Asian items. Our room was large with Native American prints, an extraordinary bathroom with double sinks, a large shower, and a separate vanity area. The beds were great and the main room also had a desk, comfortable chair and larger than usual flat screen TV. The carpets throughout the buildings (including the casino) were clean, bright and in interesting patterns. The rooms were spotlessly clean; the only criticism I have is that the ashtrays in the casino were not regularly emptied. The concierge service was very helpful in planning out the routes for our next day's trip, even keeping current on Seattle's iffy traffic congestion. While the resort is relatively expensive it is a very good value, especially if you enjoy a little gambling and want to be near Seattle without staying in the city.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2014

In July 2014 we visited the resort to attend a concert scheduled for 7pm. We arrived earily enough to make sure we did not miss the start. After sitting for more than an hour in the sun on one of the hottest days of the year and being 40 minutes past the concert start time I got up from my seat to ask about the delay. I was told that the concert does not start till 8pm. I complained that it was advertised and my ticket stated 7pm. There was no explanation go sorry for the confussion just a bunch of employees all acting like they did not want to be there. Prior to doing a online review I wrote a letter asking to be contacted. I have not gotten any response. I will not be back. This was the most unhappy place I have visited.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sue A
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked this a few months ago..... 3 couples. We checked in an hour early! All our rooms were right next to each other. I have stayed here before ... but it was a new experience for our friends.. & they loved their rooms!
We meet up for dinner at Cedars Café.... we got seated right away.. the food was AWESOME ..our waiter Juan was fabulous!
Went the amphitheater to watch Sugar Ray, The Gin Blossoms, Uncle Cracker & Blues Travelers. Amazing Venue! They were so good & still rocked... we all LOVED it.. great music! We booked the stay & play package with the Hotel .. so we got premium seating.. 2nd row! WHAT!?!...We will take it!!
The package also included the Buffet... which is "just ok" honestly... the hostess were very nice though.
We want to make this a summer tradition.
This "kicked" our last vacation to Vegas's butt!
We will be back!

2  Thank Michele S
Reviewed 19 August 2014

A bit on the pricey side for this type of resort (casino). One would think they'd reduce the price of the rooms because they are getting your money from the casino! That being said, the rooms are gorgeous with plenty of amenities. Beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are relatively quiet. Our group had a buffet set up for us and the food was excellent! I have no bad comments about this establishment. Oh, and it is located within 1/4 miles of Premium Outlets!!!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Full disclosure: this was our first time in a casino/resort. This one is about an hour north of downtown Seattle. An outlet mall is an easy 6-7 minute walk in one direction and Walmart (for beer and wine) and a liquor store are an easy 10 minute walk in the other direction.

Good; bright/spacious/clean/quiet room
* comfortable king-sized bed
* fabulous bathroom with bathrobes and the shower has to be used to be believed
* excellent food in the Eagle's buffet
* in-room safe for your valuables

Bad: they don't want you to spend much time in your room so there is no fridge or microwave and a limited number of TV channels
* some of the furnishings were chipped or scuffed
* wi-fi in our room was either extremely slow or non-existent for all 3 days of our stay
* front-line staff at reception and the concierge desk gave erroneous answers to some simple questions regarding the shuttle bus and the on-site restaurants ( if they don't know the answers which staff members do we ask?)

Ugly: do not order any grilled sandwiches at the Canoe Carvery: the sandwiches are not grilled; they are 'nuked 'resulting in a chewy, inedible mess
* the smoke in the casino is horrid at times and you have to walk through the casino to get to most of the restaurants

If you like to gamble and don't mind the $300 per night tab you will probably like Tulalip.

1  Thank MesaMac
Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you're looking for an upscale, luxury stay in the area to take advantage of the Premium Outlets mall, the Tulalip Resort Casino is really the only game in town. What I find especially impressive is that despite this fact, the staff and management there truly strive to create a warm and welcoming experience despite their monopoly! I've worked and stayed at 5 Diamond hotels in the past...and for me, the Diamonds are what count. From the service I experienced at both the hotel and casino there, it was on par with some of the best. Almost every staff member I interacted with was proactive with greeting me and made me feel like I was an honoured guest in their home.

Likes
- I asked for a high floor away from the elevator and ice machine and that is exactly what I got without any hassle
- They let me check in 90 min early and were more than happy to do so
- The rooms are very spacious, fixtures, bedding, toiletries and linens were high quality
- WiFi was EASY to connect to and quite fast when using my smartphone
- The room was spotless
- As others have said, the shower is EPIC with its 3 heads, spaciousness and modern tiles
- The infusion of aboriginal colours and art were welcoming and made the hotel seem special!
- Phoning the different departments, the calls were answered promptly and they have protocols for greeting guests in ways that communicate warmth and professionalism - their staff training program must be outstanding
- Two sinks in the very spacious bathroom
- Large windows
- Excellent climate controls
- Free bottled water and valet parking

Dislikes
- The mattress of king sized bed we had was perhaps a bit long in the tooth. It bowed quite a bit in the middle and as I sleep on my back mostly, I woke up a bit sore
- Some of the dark furniture was a bit scuffed
- I was never offered a mini bar key, or given an explanation on how it works
- The drain on one of the sinks made some strange noises after use for about 5-10 min
- I could hear the child(?) running back and forth up to 2am on the floor above my room...additional sound proofing under the carpets might have helped?
- The room prices seemed a bit steep, for mid-week when no events seemed to be going on and the hotel wasn't that busy

All in all, this was a wonderful experience. I look forward to staying there again!

Room Tip: Make your request for a good room and they'll do their best to accommodate! Ask to face the Pr...