“WE HATED THIS PLACE”

Village Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
“WE HATED THIS PLACE”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Dirt, rudeness, mold, burns in floor and carpet, noise , bad lights, patches on walls. Total rip-off . Ruined my 22nd anniversary. I want my money back or ill post pictures. Filled up the hot tub and a scummy residue with dead skin rose to the water surface. Discusting at best. We went home and took hot showers

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank jdmx68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Portland OR
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed for one night, checking in at 2 am and departing at 9 am. I paid $99 for a room that was worth maybe $40. Everything is old and outdated, and the air conditioner rattled all night making it impossible to sleep. Because I paid with a debit card, they charged me an additional $50 damage deposit which I was supposed to get back in 3-5 days. When I didn't see a credit to my card on the 5th day, I called and was told the maid reported damage in the form of a cigarette burn hole in the comforter and that they would be keeping my $50. No one smoked in the room so they're either straight up lying so they can keep my $50 or it was previously missed by the maid. I suspsect the first scenario.

When I flat out denied the charge and asked to speak to the manager I was told to write a letter, which I did. I also filed a complaint against the establishment with the Better Business Bureau. The fact that I wasn't able to speak with a manager, and was instead directed to write a letter further fuels my suspicion that the whole thing is scam.

If you stay here, pay in cash and have the maid do a walk through with you before checking out.

Room Tip: A room at a different hotel would be a good start.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Yslandgyrl
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stayed at the Village Inn the long weekend.When I went to bed I noticed there was stains on the sheet.The top sheet was thread bare you could see through it.It was 3 in the morning and I figured there was no housekeeping staff on.I showed the maid in the morning and she said we clean them with clorox so she wasn't concerned about our stay or throwing those sheets out.The train runs all night long.$98.I am almost tempted to call the Health Dept.Discussed!!!It also looked like feces on the wall.I thought maybe the housekeeper had washed the walls with her toilet rag...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank 937happycamper
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This hotel is disgusting! I only walked inside to notify them we wouldn't be staying there. I was worried about contracting some sort of disease. It is very dirty and gloomy and I suggest never staying there. I'd rather sleep in my car than stay there! Staff rude and difficult to work with. They don't care about customer service they just want your money.
You've been warned. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt and think that some reviewers just don't know what they are talking about. Save yourself and go somewhere else!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank concerned60878
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Walked in the room the widow wide open screen was off!! beds where 1950's u get springs up your butt .... for 130 dollars !!!! NOT worth it !!! Water pressure ummm nil !!!! Bad bad bad place. We had to get a pet room do to having one the room smelt like dog crap car airfreshers hanging all over the room

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Truckergal55
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We found ourselves in Northern Washington on a road trip with no hotel reservations. Turns out there was a large soccer tourney near our intended destination. Not a hotel within 50 miles with any vacancies - except the Village Inn and Suites.

They were able to get us into a smoking room with two beds because it was all they had left. The room smelled heavily of smoke but it was bearable after you got used to it. It was clean, everything worked and the folks at the front desk were as accommodating as possible. I was disappointed that there were no breaks offered in the rates - no discounts for AAA / AARP or any of the other common ones. We ended up paying $139 plus tax for a room that was worth no more than $59 or so...

But, when there is no where else to go within 50 miles, you'll take any port in the storm...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Vincent Y, Former Director of Sales at Village Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
I am no longer affiliated with this establishment and can no longer be contacted for complaints since I no longer work at this motel.
Reviewed 11 August 2012

On every wall they put rules up. If you mark their towel in any way they will charge you for that towel, even if it could be washed out. They will lie to you about giving you your deposit back. If you check out 1 min later you will be charged another night. If you don't have a back bone and you don't mine being treated very poorly, then stay there. Fyi they will call the police on you too. To check out the owner has to come into your room to inspect before you even get your money back. Another thing pay with cash otherwise they will charge you more after you leave. No joke!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank traveled2012
I am no longer affiliated with this motel and cannot be contacted for any complaints.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville
Best Western Cascadia Inn
Quality Inn Arlington
Quality Inn Arlington
#4 of 5 in Arlington

Been to Village Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!