“Tough prime rib”

Cuisines: American, Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 10th Avenue
Description: An eclectic restaurant serving American and Pakistani cuisine. Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner.
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have had a few meals at the boondockers and on Sunday the 27 I decided to order the prime rib cooked medium rare with a bowl of soup and a green salad the bowl of soup was the size of a cup the salad was ok. The prime rib was cooked perfect but it was so tough it was hard to cut with a steak knife. I pointed this out to the server she said sorry a little while later (5-10 min} the owner came over and ask how was everything I told him the prime rib was very tough.He asked if I wanted it cooked more?????? I replied that's not going to fix it being tough. He walked awaylater the server came back with the desert tray I decided on s piece of key lime pie it was very good but real small. when I received my check it was 37 bucks I don't mind paying that much for a good meal but t felt ripped off. in a response to a prior review the owner said to the revier "I wish you would have said somethimg to me" I did and nothing was done to correct the issue. in all fairness the place is clean and the service is good.

3  Thank Bill R
Shabbir B, Owner at Boondockers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Hi Bill
Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations..

I remember talking to you and you said the Prime Rib was very tasty but a little tough. I offered to cook it some more because you liked the flavor. I would have been just as happy to offer you a different item.

I went back and looked at our records and here is what we charged you:
You had our biggest cut, a 16 oz Prime Rib which is normally 26.00. You may not have noticed but we changed it to 23.00 for you. This meal came with a salad, mash and veggies.
We just charged you 2.50. for a cup of soup you added. A bowl is normally 6.00.
We make our desserts in house. The Key Lime was 5.00 which is reasonable for a house made dessert.. and you had a iced tea for 2.50.
Your total was 33.00 plus tax. You paid 35.84 on your charge card.

Please call me Bill and I would be happy to make it up to you. Call 360 653 7545 and ask for Shabbir

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I didn'tl order the chicken fried steak, but my daughter did. After I finished my meal, I finished hers because I thought it was absolutely fabulous!! You could absolutely tell it was homemade, so I am unsure what the last reviewer was referring to. It had a crispy, panko- style breading and was well worth over-stuffing myself for. My husband and I went for some of the curry dishes. Chicken Tikka Masala is one of my favorites and the one here was good. Creamy and not too spicy. I also fell in love with one of the breads. I ordered Na'an, which was fine, but my husband got a softer one, can't recall the name...started with a P. It was sooo good, crispy on outside, but soft and and delicious on the inside, with a unique texture. Excellent!!
We finished with some homemade desserts. I am guessing these change regularly as there was no dessert menu; instead they bring over a huge platter with all of them laid out, so you can see it before you order. Pumpkin cheesecake and chocolate raspberry cake, both good.
It was nice that both of the owners came to our table to check on us, they seem to enjoy their restaurant and we enjoyed talking to them.
We will definitely return. I love a place where you get good food along with personal, friendly service.

1  Thank Ceegar8
Shabbir B, Owner at Boondockers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

HI
Thank you for your complementary review of our restaurant. We strive to talk to our guests whenever possible and establish a rapport.

Please do come back and try our other delicious entrees and desserts!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I ate here because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor, and they are usually spot on. However this time I was extremely disappointed. I know Chicken fried steak is not their specialty, but it is on the menu, so it should at least be pretty good. I can honestly say this is hands down the worst one I've ever ate, and I love a good chicken fried steak. It was VERY greasy, with very little flavor. It is a frozen chunk of meat, definitely not freshly hand battered. It would have been bad at $5, but at $12 it was horrible. Their other items might be good, since I didn't get that I can't say for sure. When I went, the place was empty, so maybe the locals are not impressed either. If you go, DO NOT get the Chicken fried steak. On top of that, when I got ready to leave, there was no one to be found. After about 10 minutes I had to go find someone (the husband?) who was looking at his phone and ask to pay out.

3  Thank Keith L
Shabbir B, Owner at Boondockers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Sorry, the Chicken Fried Steak was not up to your expectations. We do bread it here in house and sell a lot of it. I wish you had told us about it so we could have offered you something else. Thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of eating breakfast at Boondockers in September. The food was delicious - presentation was very appealing - service was superior and the restaurant is spotless. We felt welcome and, if we lived closer, this would be a regular spot. Stop by - you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank mbclifford

Thank you for your nice compliments. We appreciate them very much and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This cafe was an unexpected surprise!

After spending a day at the outlets, my fiance and I decided to stay in the area for a late dinner. Trip advisor led us to this cafe and it didn't disappoint!

The atmosphere is really relaxed and the staff is genuinely warm and friendly.

The menu is also varied to satisify a wide variety of appetites. My fiance ordered the fish and chips (he raved about how great the fish was) whereas I ordered a curry and side bread. The curry was amazing!

I recommend stopping jn if you are in the area and looking for good food!

1  Thank nikelek
Shabbir B, Owner at Boondockers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for coming in and trying us out. We appreciate the business and hope to see you and your fiancee back for more.