“A little disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dj's Barbeque
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We used a groupon to try this diner. It's very small but smelled delicious. You order at the counter before taking a seat. Due to the lack of seating, we had the order to go. I'm glad we checked the food as there was no BBQ sauce on the actual meat. We did then put sauce on the meat, (sauces were delicious). My quarter chicken was extremely small and very dry. Husband's pulled pork was good and a larger amount than my chicken. Each meal came with two sides. I'm glad we had a coupon as we felt it was a little overpriced. I doubt we will be going back.

Visited August 2013

Wa. state
“Nice assortment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I bought a Groupon and chose the combination dinner ($24). There were six sauces and I chose the Bold and Spicy which was very good. I had about four pieces (about 1-1.5 inches) of sausage which were very tasty but quite salty. There were about five pieces of brisket that were thin and extremely tender. They were a couple of inches long and they were excellent. Five ribs came with the meal-two beef and I believe two baby back and one other. The ribs appeared to be overcooked and dried out, but to be fair, it was about a 20 minute drive home before I had a chance to eat them. There was also a 1/4 chicken (wing and 1/2 breast) which was fine, two rolls, and two sides. I chose potato salad for the sides and it was a bit bland. It could have used a bit more salt and mustard, but again, there's a hundred different ways to make potato salad.

Two gentlemen were working there and they were very polite. The place smelled good when you walked but it's quite small. I probably waited about three minutes from time of order to receiving my food.

Overall, some of the food was excellent and other parts were passable. I will try the place again, but I will eat there to see if the ribs are moister. I will definitely try the brisket again.

• Visited April 2013