Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
Reviewed 29 May 2010

Nice and reliable. Great rooms and service. Quirky early morning front desk staff. Loved the underground parking.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 February 2010

This roomes were clean and orderly. The staff was friendly and attentive. The breakfast was simple but well made with sufficient variety. Although the hotel was right next to a freeway I never noticed any excess sound. You are within walking distance of the Muckleshoot Casino if that is your cup of tea. There are many restaurants of varying quality and type also within wlaking distance. The only thing I would caution you on is across the street there is a Teriyaki Chicken joint, avoid it. A better one is across the freeway. There is a Wal-mart also across the freeway and a really good grocery store across the street.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2010

place was very clean, front desk people were pleasant, but the lady in the breakfast room acted like we were a bother to her. i believe she was behind and did not have enough food prepared for her guests. she had an attitude with your guests and made one feel like you were making her job a pain. i would stay again if the breakfast atmosphere was differant. with the economy, people want a place where they feel they got their moneys worth, but customer relations can make a big differance in a business. i am a waitress and good customer service can be a determining factor if one comes back to an establisment.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my parents and my brother a few months ago -- to sum it up, the service sucks. The toilet in the room my brother and I shared did not work - wthe toilet could not flush using the outside handle. So, we took OFF the lid and had to e quickly found out that the toilet would only flush by us removing the top lid, getting our hands wet and pulling the cord each time we had to flush. We had notified the front desk about this situation, but the hotel couldn't find a 'fix it' person as it was nighttime. Okay, fine.

The next day, we assumed it would get fixed. We left the toilet lid on the floor. The hotel maid would also see it on the floor, correct? Nope, when we came back to the hotel again late at night, nothing was done about it. The maid had even left the lid on the floor!

No discount on the hotel rate, no nothing was done when we left. To top it off, when we checked out the front desk guy, was ON THE PHONE the entire time -- did not even bother to say anything to us or a goodbye. He just took our credit card while on the phone with another caller, didn't even look at us, and that's it, while taking another reservation over the phone. How about putting that caller on hold and talking to your current GUESTS? How about asking them how their stay was?? And saying goodbye at least??!

For this reason, I will not be staying at this poor service hotel anymore.

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank go_fishVancouver
Reviewed 24 October 2009

We stayed here for 1 night after we arrived late into Seatac and decided that we should rest up for a bit before driving back to Vancouver the next day. We first went to the new Tulalip Casino Hotel and they charged $149 US for one night's day. When we came here, we were able to stay the night for $99 US plus tax (with AAA membership discount).
For $99, I was very surprised at how nice and clean the hotel room was. It was extremely spacious. We were able to get a King Bed. In addition, there was lovely sitting room as well with a couch and a coffee table which I loved because I hate eating on the bed or sharing with my spouse on a 1-chair desk. The room also had a mini-fridge and microwave which was perfect because we did buy some food at the nearby walmart for dinner. Had I known there was a microwave, I would have bought something to warm up.
The bathroom was very clean and incredibly spacious with a relatively large counter. No complaints. There is a stand-up shower, but no tub.
My favorite part about the stay was the complimentary breakfast bar. It was self-serve, but they had most breakfast staples, including eggs, bacon, cereal, milk, muffins, waffles, juice, yogurt, etc. The bacon looked weird and tasted different, but everything else tasted fine and was actually pretty good.
Check out was super easy (I guess that is why they are called "express"). We got the receipt and the bill slid through our door sometime during the night and all we had to do was leave the key either in the room or at the front desk.
There was also a fitness centre and hot tub that we didn't get a chance to check out. Both are complimentary.
I would stay here again if I was to come back to the outlets and stay late shopping. It is a great deal compared to Tulalip and it is just on the opposite side of the I-5 (on the northbound side).

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucianne
Reviewed 5 October 2009

great location (next to I-5), rooms are clean and recently renovated. free internet, breakfast, newspaper. good restaurant on the far side of the parking lot(Greek-Italian food), decently price between $15-23 get 10% discount being guest of HI. Marysville seems to be close to railroad could hear train at night and day even inside hotel room.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2009

This hotel is very convenient for the Marysville/Tulalip factory outlet mall. Just off I-5 it is well signposted and easy to find. Surface car park is fully finished with plenty of spaces when we stayed. There is also the option of the underground car park which, I guess, is more secure.

Check-in was efficient and friendly. Room is large by European standards with 2 king-size beds, plasma tv, coffee maker and microwave. Bathroom equally spacious with great power shower and plentiful (decent quality) bathroom amenities. Bedroom and bathroom were clean and tidy. Free wi-fi throughout the hotel and it works well.

Breakfast is included in the rate but is pretty mediocre. Bland coffee, muffins, yogurt, cereals and something gloopy that might have been porridge! Other than breakfast there are no other meal options at the hotel. We tried the restaurant just opposite and were very disappointed. The menu is a non-descript mediterranean mix and pretty forgettable. Prices are high too. Other options (ribs, steaks, burgers etc) can be found across I-5 in the mall near the WalMart store.

A very pleasant stop-off option overall and would return if my travels take me to the Marysville area in the future.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caseypaul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Tulalip Resort Casino
Quality Inn Arlington
Quality Inn Arlington
#4 of 5 in Arlington
Courtyard by Marriott - Seattle Everett Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville? Share your experiences!