“Relaxed day in Methow”
Review of Mazama Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mazama
Mazama Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Mazama B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Wonderful stop after driving over the North Cascade highway. The upper Valley was not hit by the fires I the lower valley. The Inn is in a beautiful spot to enjoy the Goat wall and a quite walk around the meadow. We alway stay in the E wing( king bed) but know the other accommodations are just as nice. Try to walk the meadow on a clear night, star are incredible. We also have breakfast at the inn when ever we stay( served every morning) but had to have dinner at the Freestone Inn, because the Mazama Inn only serves dinner on the weekends.We have stayed at the Mazama Inn all seasons and we're never disappointed. If you are in the area checkout the Mazama Store and be sure to stop at the Lost River Winery in Winthrop, GREAT wine and the price is right.

Room Tip: Go online to see selections
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Cheryl P, Owner at Mazama Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

What a lovely review! Thank you! We have many return customers and it sounds as if you can be counted among them. The meadow is indeed a wonderful place to see the stars-we have very little ambient light at night here in the Valley, and that makes star gazing especially wonderful. Please come back and see us (and the stars) again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

With fond memories of our stay last year, and at the urging of our 10 year old granddaughter, I phoned for reservations on July 27th at 8:45 a.m. asking two specific questions: A) could I reach the Inn via Hwy 20 from Libby, Mt (due to fires) and MOST importantly, B) was the pool in working order.
The response I got was A) Yes and B) Yes, with the ONLY qualifying information added that it might seem highly chlorinated due to the fact that they had been without power for 8 days. Having been given those positive responses I booked a double queen for $154.00.
After a 7.5 hour road trip can you even begin to imagine the disappointment of being told that the pool wouldn't be open until the following day and having to convey that information to a VERY upset 10 year old?
I think what bothered me the most was that there wasn't even an apology for the misinformation I'd been given that VERY morning OR an adjustment in the charge for the room with NO amenities as promised!
This experience nearly ended a special weeks road trip with our granddaughter on a VERY sour note and I find that unacceptable! A letter was directed to the establishment but they have failed to extend the courtesy of a reply....Next time we do the Cascade Loop we will book @ the Three Rivers Inn in Sedro Wolley as a MUCH better choice and accommodating staff!

Room Tip: Try for a 1st floor room...NO elevator!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gjabsama
artymama39, Owner at Mazama Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

We are sad to hear about your less than stellar experience at the Inn. We pride ourselves in providing superior service to our customers.

Unfortunately you stayed at a time when we were just getting back on our feet after an 8-day power outage, due to the Carleton Complex fires. We consider ourselves very lucky, in that we did not have to evacuate, but we did lose our power and Internet connection for a few days.

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced because of the pool closure. I admit we were guilty of an overabundance of caution. When you arrived the pool had recently been highly chlorinated (in order to get it up to code after the power outage), and we were confident that it would be safe to swim in, but-the chlorine did not dissipate as expected, and since we did not want to put you or your grandchild at risk-we decided that the pool should remain closed an extra day in order to stabilize the chemicals.

I hope you consulted our staff about the river, the hiking trails and other fun opportunities that your granddaughter may have enjoyed. We have a lot of outdoor activities to recommend in the valley.

Thank you for calling this incident to our attention. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a 2 night stay in early July. Luckily arrived on a Sunday evening, so we're able to take in a lovely dinner in the lodge dining room from menu with nice round of selections. Breakfast was luxurious, and had full range of selections, with strong, hot coffee.
Good friendly service. King room at far end of covered walkway was very comfortable. Plenty of room to spread out and a big comfy couch.
Sitting on the porch with coffee in early mornings was tops. Lots of trails to poke around on a bike. I wish I'd had asked about swimming holes in the river. I tested it at the bridge and it was ice cold, but in the heat of the day, a river dip would have been great.
If you want to borrow a movie from the offices 'extensive collection, be sure you check it out before they close, for the day. This is a laid back, few employee operation, and staff could be invisible by early evening on weekdays.
Also if you plan to use pool, be sure you let them know. If no one is about, they might close it up earlier than the stated 8pm hour.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I want to thank you for your wonderful review. Breakfast was Luxurious! High praise indeed! We love our customers and we are pleased that you had a pleasant time at our little Inn. Please come back again soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights at the inn and experienced nice accommodations and friendly service. We were a family of five so we stayed in one of the larger rooms with a king bed and a sofa sleeper. They provided a small futon mattress with bedding for our 3rd child. It was tight with five but we managed fine. There is a deck and grassy yard right out the sliding door so it was easy to spread out if needed. But you shouldn't be spending much time in your room in this beautiful country!

The breakfast here was awesome. I know this sounds strange, but they had the best eggs and bacon I have ever had. It was so good I had the same breakfast both days. Outdoor dining on the porch was an option and it was a beautiful way to start the morning. Their restaurant also serves dinner in the evening.

A couple recommendations for places to visit. A visit to the town of Winthrop (about 15 minute drive) is a must. A "western themed town" with great shops and several more dining options.

If there on a hot day in the summer as we were, take a right on the first road out of their parking lot and travel about 3 1/2 miles to the second turn out on your left. There is a path down to the Methow River and it's a great swimming hole. The mountain water is refreshing - code for take-your-breath-away cold. Walk out to the two larger rocks and you can jump in about 6-8 feet of water....and than scramble back up to catch your breath.

Lastly, I would recommend Early Winters Outfitters for a relaxing trail ride on a horse. They are on the same main highway about 4 minutes away. A guide takes you out and the horses are trained to walk only, so no experience necessary.

I would definitely recommend this inn.

Room Tip: Our room did not have A/C but I think some rooms might. If that is important, you should ask first.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pevk
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This was our third or fourth visit during different winters, staying at the same time as good friends. This year the snow was low but we decided to go anyway as we enjoy the Inn and being with our friends. We knew our stay would be pleasant and comfortable with wonderful food and it was. The food is served family style which leads to pleasant conversation and making new friends.
The staff is very pleasant and helpful and many have been there a long time.
I left some belongings behind and Mary called me even before I had a chance to call them. She promptly boxed them up and they arrived safely with everything present.
Thanks, Mary!

By the way, though the snow was low, it was very well groomed and made for great cross-country skiing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband, his father (who was visiting from overseas) and I spent two nights at Mazama Country Inn to celebrate my husband's birthday and to give my father-in-law a chance to see a part of Washington State he hadn't visited before. My husband and I had stayed at the Inn before and remembered having a great experience. Our return visit did not disappoint! We went during the off season and had the entire place to ourselves the first night. Our room was clean and cozy, and the setup was perfect for a couple + 1 person - a double bed in a loft and a single bed on the main floor. The hot tub and sauna are just steps away from the building, and both are in great condition. We loved the country-style, exposed wood beam decor in the common areas and quaint little touches like old snowshoes and skis on the walls and deer-shaped candlesticks by the fireplace. The complimentary continental breakfast offered plenty of choices to suit all of our tastes, and fueled us well for day-long explorations of the area. The staff are really friendly and helpful, and we got a chance to meet the owner, who was also very nice! All in all, a A+ experience, and we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Irina V
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Although a bit pricey for its location, this Inn had lovely, clean rooms and would have been a pretty good value if the hot tub hadn't been out of order (the one thing my teenagers were looking forward to after a long drive all day!) and if the pool hadn't been filled with a huge group from a wedding party, making it seem like we would be intruding on a private party. With its adjoining cabins and outdoor recreation areas, this would make a perfect spot for a family reunion.
The two queens room was very cute, and just down the hall there was a nice little balcony common space where people could play games or relax.
Breakfast on the patio was really lovely and delicious.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mazama
Chewuch Inn & Cabins
#6 of 8 in Winthrop
The Virginian Resort
The Virginian Resort
#7 of 8 in Winthrop

Been to Mazama Country Inn? Share your experiences!