“Bear Creek Lodge was a hidden jewel on our Mt. Spokane mountain biking trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bear Creek Lodge

Bear Creek Lodge
Bear Creek Lodge
East Wenatchee, Washington
“Bear Creek Lodge was a hidden jewel on our Mt. Spokane mountain biking trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I had been wanting to ride our mountain bikes in the Mt. Spokane area, so I made a quick reservation at Bear Creek Lodge. I had a good feeling about the place right away, because the owner, Sam, was talking about single track, hard tail vs. suspension, and offered to shuttle us to the top of Mt. Spokane! He knew the trails inside and out, and was an excellent source of information. Thanks for the mini-tour of the ski areas, also, Sam! Besides the amazing biking that included 360 degree views of the area, the Lodge was very comfortable and the perfect place to relax after our biking. Sam's wife, Karen, kept the kitchen open and made my husband a burger he is still talking about! We are beer people, and the lodge had a huge choice of micro-brews - perfect! Tons o' fun - we felt like we were family! We will be back with more bikers!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chy M

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Spokane, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Couldnt be happier. My first time biking the Mt. and we had a blast. Went up with a buddy, you pay a shuttle fee (10$) for as many as you can pack in your car, the shuttle driver rides up with you,( a real nice guy named Sam) and drops you off, after giving you some directions and things to look for, along with a map, then drives your vehicle down the lodge, about 7 miles each way. There are multiple trails to choose from, including one of the best single tracks in all of eastern Wa. took us about and hour to ride all the way down, and really tested our and the bikes limits. There is also a double wide all the way down as well. All in all a great experience, and will be back many times this summer.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Loon Lake, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Went to my nephews wedding here. Had a great time and the help was fantastic. The wedding area was 3.25 star. Rooms very clean, food very good, bar and dinning hall/party room perfect. If you are going to stay or book an outing, first look at the rooms you are going to stay in and check the price. If you think it is too small or too much money don't stay there. If you think the food is too expensive don't eat there. ( there is no $1 menu)There was over 100 people at the wedding and Sam did not force anyone to buy the food or stay in a room . Some of the reviews I have read make me wonder what people are thinking. They order off of a menue with the price on it and then say it was to expensive.? They say the room was to small, why did they take it? The off season? There is no off season, it is a all year round place. ONE THING I WOULD RECOMEND IS, if you are booking a wedding or big event, get a grand tolal with ALL CHARGES including gratuity (18 % on everything) and tax so there are no supprise's. (A place like this is more costly than a fast food resturant and no tell motel) And look at ALL rules, and polices. ( you can't bring your own alcohol with out permission, none refundable $1000 deposit and so on). I would recomend this place for a wedding or any occasion. Thank you Bear Lodge for a very enjoyable and memerable weekend, YOUR THE BEST. P.S.Please don' check my spelling LOL

Room Tip: Look at room first, then decide if you wan't it.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Spokane, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Our family of 6 stayed in the "Wedding Suite" for 2 nights, during spring break. Although this IS technically their off season, they were under heavy construction and should have priced the rooms that way. They honestly should have just closed up for 2 weeks to get everything done and THEN opened up to visitors. It was difficult to find where we should check in and then had to search for the owners once we got ready to leave. The room was nice and clean, but in my opinion NOT worth $195 a night. The hot water in the shower literally took 5 minutes to get warm and it felt like you were taking a shower in a coffin because it was so narrow. Being so far away from town, we decided to eat in their "restaurant," which consisted of one of the owners making the meals. We had dinner and breakfast there which cost us a whopping $171.56...for 2 meals! The food was good, but not 5 star restaurant pricing good.(Looks like they tacked on an extra $40 or so onto our food tab) On our last day, we decided to drive into nearby Mead for dinner and a movie which turned out to be cheaper. We were the only guests in the entire place and the owners were very nice and friendly and we felt very much at home....albeit a VERY expensive home. With it being the off season and no tv's in the rooms, we brought board games and dvd players, but there wasn't much else to do. We enjoyed the peace and quiet but honestly NOT the high prices! Not so sure that we would recommend this place to anyone unless you have money to burn.

Room Tip: Not so sure there are "Good" room choices. It's quiet at night, but there is a noisy r...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank spokanesid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I absolutely LOVED THIS PLACE. We went for my nephew's birthday and the tubing hills looked so fun that I even wanted to try it and I'm scared of heights. My 13,12,3, and 2 year old all had a blast! The older ones could go down the hill with a friend, race a friend, or go by themselves and the younger ones went with their dad holding onto their tube and they just squealed with delight. They've never had so much fun. And they have a pulley system that takes you up the hill so you don't spend your whole time walking. Even that looked fun! The owner was very respectful and kind in spite of our rowdy crew. It was so much fun I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2013
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

My wife and I wanted to get out of town for the weekend and had been to the lodge for snow tubing about 20 years ago. I talked with the owner for booking information and the process was very easy. When we got to the lodge, both of us were pleasantly surprised. The owners have improved the lodge over the last 10 years and the staff was extremely helpful. Both the common area and our guest room were extremely clean. The food, which is classic American grill fare, was plentiful and delicious. The lounge area provides a nice area to have a beer and play a game of pool before or after your tubing session.

The tubing hill itself was great! Very well run by an attentive staff. My wife and I plan to make out visit a tradition and would definitely recommend this escape to others!

Room Tip: The rooms are simple but very clean. The standard room was small but perfect for two people.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Spokane Valley, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

I scheduled a private party with Bear Creek Lodge, and after playing phone tag for several weeks it was agreed that we would have a minimum of 36 tubers in our group. The day before our party one of the families came down with the flu, and would not be able to attend (out of everyone's control). So out of courtesy I contacted Bear Creek Lodge and asked if they could open it up to the public to make sure the minimum of 36 tubers was met, and it would not effect their revenue. We arrived, tubed, saw public tubers with a total of about 40 tubers during our session. I was relieved that the family that had the flu, and my courtesy call did not effect the lodges revenue. The still made the profit they expected originally and then some. Half way through our session I found out we had been over charged, and Sam Deal the owner said to come up afterwards and he would correct that. Our group headed up to the lodge after tubing, purchased 20 8 oz. hot cocoas at $2.50 each, share our birthday cake with the staff, and when it came time to resolve the double payment Sam Deal became very hostile. He was rude, upset his own waitress, refused to refund the double charge, and has now continues to spread lies. It is unfortunate that after I went out of my way to be courteous to him he was unable to do the same in return to his customers. Fighting for my $11.50 is not worth my time, but sharing this reveiw with others so they do not end up in the same situation is definitely needed. Sam is a liar and a thief, and runs a hostile work enviroment for his staff. I would NEVER recommend going to this lodge. Support other local businesses and go on up the hill.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Julia Y
SGD2, General Manager at Bear Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
We appreciate hearing Julia Y’s opinions. However, her statements are quite twisted to fit her story. First off, Julia Y “talked” for several weeks about scheduling a private party, but never provided the lodge with payment or credit card guarantee for the number in her reservation until the day before the event. At that time, she changed her plans, released the private session, and then told the lodge to “just make it a public session”. The number of guests was reduced from 36 to 24, and later raised 28. At this point in the season, the tubing hill had been operated at full capacity continuously since Christmas Day. This change on short notice (less than 24 hours in advance) left insufficient time to fill the session. Consequently, the lodge lost over $425 in tubing and restaurant sales. The tubers observed on the hill were from the previous session - that were allowed to continue at no additional charge (because we try to provide guests with some extra time whenever possible). The “stayovers” did not produce any revenue to “make up” for the sudden change of plans. At departure, Julia Y requested a refund of $11.50 for her boyfriend who had registered on a different form. She was told that instead of a refund, she still owed $11.50 for the two guests that did not show up with her reservation. At that point, she became extremely hostile and started shouting rude comments about the lodge (to her guests) as she stomped away. We have no doubt that her boorish behavior led to the cake that was thrown on the wall at departure. Long story short, Julia Y walked out on a $23 bill and is directly responsible for over $425 in lost revenue to the lodge. She is quite lucky that we have not (yet) filed a police report and gone to court for theft of services and slander.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mead
Stoneridge Resort
Stoneridge Resort
#1 of 1 in Blanchard
La Quinta Inn & Suites Spokane North
Alderwood RV Express

Been to Bear Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!