“Take a tour guide with you and ask questions.”

Cat Tales Zoological Park
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Mead
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I think the people who wrote negative reviews must not have listened to the tour guides. There are reasons the animals are seperated and reasons the enclosures are set up the way they are. Every animal here has a story if you listen. They can't just let these animals go. So anyway for people who care, askthe gguides are knowledgeable. Our guide marissa was wonderful. We enjoyed the visit and all proceeds help the animals. Good education for the kids about cute cuddly cubs not making house pets. Education people.

3  Thank cagollehon78

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Where to begin. I SHOULD have listened to the trip advisor reviews and not have taken my family here. I am torn as to what to write for this review. I believe that the staff and people who are running this facility have big hearts, I do believe they really DO want the best for these animals. Unfortunately I don't think there is enough money to provide for these animals in the way they need to be looked after. I spent a long while chatting with one of the staff members, and I came away understanding that most of these cats and other animals are rescues and have come from horrible places. I just don't think this should be the place where they ended up. The enclosures truly are so unnatural and tiny, there is little shade in some. I just really don't know what to say. I just know I stood there and cried.

6  Thank brandylcat
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We fed both the white cats and the orange cats and had a great time. I highly recommend this if you love big cats.

2  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed 24 May 2013

On May 17, 2013 at 1:00pm, my mother, sister and I visited Cat Tale Zoological Park, located at 17020 N Newport Hwy, Mead, WA 99021. The zoo is between a busy high way and a train track. All we could hear was the constant noise of cars speeding by, people slamming on their brakes, and car horns along with the alarming sound of train whistles and the trains rumbling past on their tracks.

We were very saddened by the conditions, in which the animals were housed. The animals are kept in small cages, the biggest one approximately 20ft x 20ft, for animals such as tigers, lions, bears, leopards, and bobcats. They had no room to run, the ground was sand and concrete. Most of the animals only had a single pail of water, and a few animals had fountains, none of which contained running water. There was minimal shade for the animals, and some had no shelter. All of them were tucked into the corners of their cages or up against the walls trying to find shade. They all seemed extraordinarily lethargic. One of the white tigers, was injured, and was being housed in a separate crate that was far too small, he just about took up the whole crate. He was too far away for us to see for ourselves, but one of the employees said he had a swollen paw. She also said that the swelling was going down but no one was actually with the tiger. He was left alone, with no apparent medical treatment at all. Another tiger, that was in his enclosure, had only two miniscule piles of hay, and an empty pail of water. The animals of the same species were not allowed to interact with each other. There were about eight tigers, maybe more, all in their own tiny cages. Everything there made me want to cry. I couldn't stand to see the animals so unhappy. I wanted to leave as soon as I saw the first poor tiger. It was just absolutely terrible. This “zoo” is more interested in profit, than in the animals’ well-being. It is also rumored to “train” their animals in a cruel fashion. Cat Tales also takes animals out on the road and allows the public to handle them. Wild animals are not pets, you need to handle them safely, they could turn on any person at any moment. Cat Tales also breeds the animals they have, contributing to the already overwhelming surplus of big cats.

This place is a prison for these animals. DO NOT go to this park, DO NOT tell any one else to go, SPRED THE WORD ABOUT THE CONDITION THESE ANIMALS ARE IN AND BRING CAT TALES TO JUSTICE!!!

7  Thank Nikia W
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Kids love this place. Big beautiful cats are well-taken-care-of. Help is very knowledgable. An interesting stop on the way north from Spokane.