“Great place to stay”
Review of Mineral Lake Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mineral
Mineral Lake Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Mineral B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We spent two nights at Mineral Lake Lodge at the end of May 2014. Carolyn was very helpful and pleasant. Our room was the bird room, very clean and comfortable. The lodge is quiet and the front porch is a comfortable place to sit and look over the lake and Mt Rainier. I think it is one of the best places to stay in the area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I found out that our family are not B & B ers... My parents, my daughter, and I stayed at Mineral Lake Lodge as it was the closest place to stay that was not a caboose. We were in town to ride the steam train at the Mt. Rainier Railroad. Carolyn is a very sweet in-keeper. Breakfast - breakfast consisted of muffins, instant oatmeal, box cereal, bagels & cream cheese, juice boxes, bottled OJ. The home needs a dusting BADLY. Our room (room 6) had the squeakiest bed that kept myself and my daughter up most of the night. I could not move without making the bed squeak. Also our rooms (5&6) did not have any curtains to keep light out. So I hope you sleep with a sleep mask. Or do what I did and take one of the blankets and do a makeshift curtain. IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO CATS>>> DO NOT STAY HERE! Cats running around are not supposed to get up to the 2nd and 3rd floor, but they do on occasion. No afternoon wine & cheese offered. NOTE: this is a historical home. All rooms are on the 2nd & 3rd FLOOR. Kitchen is on the 2nd floor. No elevator. We have never stayed in a place like this, so I didn't know I needed to ask if there was an elevator. I never did read that this home is NOT handicap accessible. My mom who is 72 and not handicap, but has had 2 knee replacements could barely make it up all the stairs to the 2nd floor. Then she had to make it up a tiny twisty stair case to the 3rd floor where our room was. On our first night, she fell down the main stairs as we were making our way to dinner. She made it with a few bumps and bruises. We had a reservation for 2 nights, we only stayed 1 due to the fall and my mom and daughter having breathing problems due to the cats. We will not be coming back and will make sure that if we try a B & B that the rooms and kitchen are on the 1st floor or have an elevator.

Room Tip: Most rooms on the 3rd floor share a bathroom. And if you are over 6 feet tall... get a room with it...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Michelle598
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The view was worth the price of the room. The room was a tight fit, but clean and comfortable. The breakfast is continental, but that seems to be the trend with B&B's. Hostess was very friendly and accommodating. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank D T
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My daughter and I spent two nights in July 2013 at Mineral Lake Lodge in the "Gone Fishin'" room on the third floor. The Inn was quiet, spotless, and had the best unobstructed view of Mt Rainier, including National Park Inn about ten miles closer. The innkeeper was very helpful with suggestions on places to eat, waterfalls to visit and details about the Inn. If ever in the area again we would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Our room had a bath en suite -- well worth the extra money, the bathroom was huge!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MQS
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This Lodge is on the National Registry. We stayed for 2 nights. The Inn Keeper, Carolyn, greeted us as we walked up to the porch that overlooks the Mineral Lake and Mount Rainier. We were given a tour of the Lodge which is not only Charming but Rustic. The sunset and sunrises are breath taking. We saw an Eagle flying low over the lake, looking for dinner not doubt and a Doe with her 2 fawns crossing in front of the Lodge. We had a fire down at by lake with many of the other guests and made s'mores. Carolyn has educated herself on the history of the lodge and surrounding areas and loves sharing it with her guests. She had great suggestions of where to eat (knowing the price range of each) and where we should tour. Spent one day at Mt Rainier and also took the BBQ scenic train ride that starts in Elbe. What a relaxing atmosphere

Room Tip: Some rooms have private baths others you have to share.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoGo276
Reviewed 5 December 2012

This a wonderful older Inn with beautiful views of Mt Rainier across Mineral Lake. Sunrise and sunset are gorgeous. No TV in room but Wi-Fi is available! Very friendly and helpful owner. There's a full kitchen for use by the guests and continental breakfast is served here, also.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank rnress
Reviewed 22 September 2012

My family of 5 adults spent one evening here before we headed into Mt. Rainier National Park. We had two rooms on the 3rd floor - one with a private bath and one without. They were clean and nicely decorated. My daughter loved reading in the sun room on the 2nd floor overlooking the lake.

Three of us arrived in time for a beautiful sunset. The setting was serene seeing the mountain over the still waters of the lake. We wished we had brought s'more fixings as we would have enjoyed using the fire ring down by the water. We took marvelous pictures of the mountain at sunset, during the nighttime, and in the morning.

The innkeeper recently took over the lodge in late June of 2012 and is just beginning to make the place her own. She demonstrated good customer service finding and sending back a dress we left behind. The continental breakfast was self serve and seating was limited. We had to be careful not to run the toaster and the microwave at the same time. The lodge is designated as a historic building so it is somewhat rustic.

The front porch was a marvelous place to sit and read or have a cup of coffee but be careful not to get locked out. We enjoyed meeting the other guests on the porch also.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul B

Been to Mineral Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!