“Nice getaway”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Moclips
Olympia, Washington
“Nice getaway”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Ocean Crest Resort. Upon check in we were greeted warmly and she very professional. We enjoyed walking into a warm place with a beautiful view from the dining area. Granted it needs some up grading but the rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, the appliances worked! If you are going to cook, I recommend bringing PAM spray or oil because there is none.The other people at the desk were very friendly and professional. We would come back again. Since we had no restaurant to go to, I would recommend bringing breakfast items and for lunch/dinner the mini mart up the street has delicious hamburgers!

Room Tip: Room 601 is a 2 bedroom ground level with a beautiful view of the ocean. It is also quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
LA
Reviewed 25 November 2013

No restaurant or breakfast yet on walk-in they will try to jack trhe price as high as possible, clearly disconnected on customer value. It's near the beach? In november, who cares? Room is near/below Motel6 in several ways

Room Tip: Don't waste your time. There is no restaurant yet they can t even provide breakfast. Budget roo...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Macktavitch
TheCulinaryMadman, Manager at Ocean Crest Resort, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
I am sorry that everything was not to your liking. We did lose our restaurant to a fire 2 1/2 years ago and we are currently under construction on a new restaurant and will be opening in the Spring of 2014.

It is absolutely correct that we don't offer breakfast nor do we advertise or market that it is offered. We do however offer access to Cedar Serenity Spa which includes an Indoor Pool, Sauna, Hot Tub, Exercise Room with both Nautilus Equipment and Free Weights, Tanning and Massage Therapy.

Our rates and specials are published and nobody tries to "jack the price" as you say. In fact, at check out, when I overheard your dis-satisfaction from another room, I spoke with you and lowered the rate. You even thanked me.

Many people care that we are near the beach all year. Not a day goes by that we don't have people using our staircase to descend through the wooded ravine for a walk or run on the beach.

I wish I could have done more for you, but when you thanked me I thought that I had provided the service you were looking for and I thought you left as a satisfied guest.
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This room was a lifesaver because we had no reservations and this was the third hotel stop in the search. The last room was a one window affair, and the window faced the hall. The bed filled the room and the bathroom was way tiny. From then and now, we referred to this room as the hovel. Room 211. The was a bargain at under 70.00.
The plus side is, nice parking and a fantastic sunset from the yard facing the sea. There is a very clean laundry.

Room Tip: not 211 unless you have to have a room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MarshallGulch
Thank you for coming to stay with us. I am glad that we had a room at the inn for you, even if it was an Economy Studio.

Perhaps you can come back and stay in an Ocean View room after our restaurant opens in the Spring of 2011.
Washington, United States
Reviewed 29 October 2013

For forty years I have been going to Ocean Crest and love it every time. This year we took 3 generations of family who enjoyed playing in the pool, walking on the rainy (fall 2013) beach, playing board games by the fire (there is a fireplace in every room) and preparing meals together as a family in the in-room kitchens (available in many of the rooms). I love this resort and can't wait until the new restaurant opens in spring 2014. I plan on going back for the next 40 years.

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique. I like the rooms with a view of the ocean and ravine, there are only a fe...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sherry4242
Thank you very much for your kind words. It was great to see you and your family having so much fun. I am 3rd generation family member at Ocean Crest Resort so I know how great it is to get everybody in one place at the same time.

While we don't have a fireplace in every room, we do in 37 of the 45 rooms.

We look forward to serving you and all the rest of our friends in the new restaurant!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We just got back from our trip (Oct, 2013) and stayed at the Ocean Crest Resort. We really enjoyed it. It was very clean. It does need to be updated. Our view was beautiful. The front staff was very friendly. We were impressed at how large the room was. That was a huge plus. It had a microwave and fridge. Plus a table with two chairs. We enjoyed the patio with great ocean views. I had a massage and really enjoyed it. She was very good. The hot water wasn't very good. It was room temperature one night and the next morning is was warm, then cold, then hot, then warm. That was a little annoying. I would stay there again. Over all it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Room 410 has a great view. Also has a fireplace. Very spacious.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
I am glad that you had such a great time staying with us. Room 410 is one of my favorite rooms too. The vaulted ceiling gives it a very open feel and since it is a corner room you get an ocean view to the West and you get to look down the beach to the South.

I am sorry to hear of the water issue. I don't know what to make of it since there have been no other reports, but we will make sure to keep our eye on it.

Hope to see you again soon.
Seattle
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Recently stayed here with the family. It had all the things I look for in a beach stay-fireplace, good views, kitchenette, easy beach access. Very nice staff, good location & easy drive from Seattle.

On the less positive side, the facilities are in need of upgrading (or lower the price a bit). Walls & ceiling are thin, easy to hear neighbors, etc... Kitchenette had everything needed (except coffee filters. When I asked, I was assured that there was coffee in filter bags in the room. There wasn't). No worries, I had brought coffee and improvised with a paper towel. WiFi is spotty. Not a requirement for our family visit but if you go expecting to do some work while enjoying the view you may be disappointed.

The family all gave it an enthusiastic "thumbs up" so we'd go back.

Room Tip: Ocean view--definitely.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Wow, that is a great picture you took from outside of room 601.

I am glad that you and the family had such a great time at the resort.

My grandparents purchased Ocean Crest Cottages in 1953 and we have grown over the years from 4 cabins to 45 rooms. Our rooms have been built at different times over the years, we even still have 1 of the original cabins.

WiFi is a bit of a tricky thing to broadcast to 7 different buildings through trees and being so close to tidal waters. Not only that, but different devices have different sensitivities and their software can play into the equation as well. The other tricky part is that we only have a 10Mbps connection at the resort for 43 rooms, Cedar Serenity Spa, and our Resort Office. I asked CenturyLink to move us up to the 40Mbps connection but since we are so rural they don't offer it out here. I guess what I am saying is that I know it is not perfect, but we have the best solution in place that is available to us.

We can't wait to see you and the family again.
Gig Harbor, WA
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stay at Ocean Crest Resort at Moclips several times a yr. Generally, we tend to go fall/winter/spring to avoid the summer crowds and during the week. Often there are specials e.g. 3 nights for price of 2, etc.
Ocean Crest is currently in the process of rebuilding some of the resort including the restaurant where there was a massive fire over a yr ago.
We usually stay in #401 which is a deluxe studio corner room with great view.
This wasn't available on this trip so we signed up for #601. This is a ground floor corner room with large living room & massive brick fireplace, full kitchen, 2 bedrooms with queens and bathroom. There is a great wood deck outside the sliding door where you can sit and enjoy the great ocean view. Inside there is a nice round dining table with 4 chairs and more great view., This marvelous unit was only a bit more than our usual room. The resort has a new wifi system which worked ever so much more quickly than it's predecessor. A Seattle Times is outside your room every morning.
The staff at the resort are generally upbeat, friendly folk. Unfortunately, at checkout we got a rather grumpy woman. She would not hear of our request to charge the current 3 for 2 special. Seems a poor way to handle returning customers!

Room Tip: Ocean Crest does NOT have any elevators so keep this in mind if you choose a 2nd floor accomodation.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DJDouglass
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moclips
Hi-Tide Ocean Beach Resort
#1 of 14 in Ocean Shores
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
#6 of 14 in Ocean Shores

Been to Ocean Crest Resort? Share your experiences!