“what do you want at the beach?”

Moonstone Beach Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Moclips
Port Angeles
“what do you want at the beach?”
Reviewed 7 December 2009

Well, what we want is peace, quiet, beauty, a clean room that is pet friendly and appreciates the fact that we chose their motel, i.e. they ARE FRIENDLY. We had a wonderful time, everything we look for when we head from Port Angeles to the Ocean....maybe we should ad Gay Friendly, no insults or dirty looks...thank you

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Seattle
Reviewed 2 December 2009

I stayed at the Moonstone with two young children and we loved it. We stayed in a clean efficient cottage with a porch that faced the Ocean. It was great to be able to walk right out on the beach and to hear the waves from our room. I would recommend stocking up on food and supplies in Aberdeen on the way because there is not much in Moclips to choose from.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
seattle,WA
Reviewed 30 October 2009

I started staying at the Moonstone 26 years ago, and not much has changed. It was the best bang for your buck then, and it continues to be. Yes, it is old, and worn, but this old girl has been there since the 1920's. It's various rooms, and end "cabin" are the closest to the waters edge in Moclips. I have continued staying there because it is more like going to grandma's beach cabin, than a sterile hotel. The floors are linoleum for easy sand clean-up, and this also makes this pet friendly.
The management are gregarious and happy to help or share information.. I brought my own romance and saved $100.00 a night (Hi Tide). Take that savings down the street to the Ocean Crest Resort, and have yourself a fantastic dinner, while watching the surf through the trees!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beachcomberJAY013
oceantune
Reviewed 12 August 2009

This is a small motel on the beach so anyone expecting a four star hotel is kind of foolish. But you have more than everything you need here and the beach is so close. We took our 3 little girls for a long weekend and had a blast despite the schizophrenic weather. If you love the smell of the ocean and don't mind tracking some sand around in your room, you'll love it. The whole experience is about the beach and the sand and surf. I read a review that left this motel the first night they were there because they thought it was "worse than roughing it". Whatever. They were being a little dramatic. This place is awesome. You get a full kitchen to prepare your own meals and you spend 90% of your time outdoors anyway. And when we had to leave a little earlier than expected, due to work, they waived our extra person fees for the room which was very cool. They didn't have to do that, but were trying to be helpful. This is a great place for a family getaway. You won't break the bank and you get to enjoy the gorgeous Washington coast. Go there!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank oceantune
Kirkland Washington
Reviewed 15 July 2009

The moment we drove up to the Moonstone I stated that it was a complete dump but considering it was my first time traveliving without my parents I agreed to give it a chance. Once we got up to the room I decided that I could NOT stay in a place like this. I know how to rough it but staying here would require more then that. To start off the two main front windows did not open it was hotter then heck up there and to top it all off the kitchen window didn't open and wouldn't stay open unless held up with a stick. The shower was a joke there was no way i'd be able to shower only stick my head in, where the roof slanted that made the shower perfect size for a kid. It was extremely from the 60's and not a place I wanted to spend our romantic getaway. So we packed up and went to the Hi-Tide to enjoy our vacation the right way.

Since I was a recent guest I am giving anyone who reads this the best advice dont even consider the Moonstone unless you like dirty and dingy rooms. Spend the extra money and go to The Hi-Tide Ocean Beach Resort

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Atchee101
Moonstonemoclips, Owner at Moonstone Beach Motel, responded to this review, 24 July 2009
This ciient came in and left the same day saying their grandmother was ill in Seattle and had to leave. No complaints were made to management except to comment the bathroom was small, which it is.
Camano Island, Washington
Reviewed 23 January 2009

I'm a very special cat and I go everywhere my parents go (can't walk on my own) and they brought me to the Moonstone Beach Hotel where I was fondly greeted and given special attention. This made everyone feel so great. I love watching the birds fly by and our evening strolls were so cool (of course I'm in a carry bag). We always go to Ocean Shores for lunch one day and stop at a pet store where they have the BEST catnip! Here's my parents comment:
We discovered this little "gem" a few years back and have continued to come and stay every chance we get...just to chill for a few days and enjoy the beautiful sunsets and to refresh our souls.
It has everything that you need and each unit has its own individual charm. Each manager has been so incredibly helpful, whether you need another frying pan, pillow or towels or just a good chat. And yes of course you can bring your "quiet" pet!
You can't beat the rates or the views!

• Liked — Close and easy access to the beach
  • Disliked — The toilet backed up (probably wifes fault!)
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Floppysmama
Sumner, WA
Reviewed 26 August 2008

We love the Moonstone so much that we vacation there for a week every three months. Such peace and quiet! It's great for forgetting the grind of everday life. Sure, it's not your standard motel but that's why we like it! The management has always been helpful if we've had a problem. Other people mention it being dog friendly. Actually, it's pet friendly! We take our cats and I've seen a parrot there too! We occasionally see eagles and deer seem to be regulars on the grounds and beach. Buck & Stanley, Sumner, WA.

• Liked — quiet location
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank llbuck
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moclips
Hi-Tide Ocean Beach Resort
#6 of 14 in Ocean Shores
Comfort Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn and Suites
#7 of 14 in Ocean Shores

Been to Moonstone Beach Motel? Share your experiences!