Gull Wing Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Moclips
See available hotels
  • Pool
View Hotel
Iron Springs Resort(Copalis Beach)
The Nautilus(Ocean Shores)
All reviewsin lawsjohnsuitecozybeachdog
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2012

It was like staying as an unwelcome guest at the in-laws. On arrival I was escorted through all the rules that are posted. Never got a welcome to our inn. In the room there are signs ALL OVER. I am not kidding there is one IN the microwave saying it is rust you are seeing not dirt. They have a sign telling you which number (volume) you may have TV after 9PM. There are signs telling why things don't work. This is in vein with shabby chic, which is really shabby junk. I see from the one bad review they just got mad in response.There are many good reviews, so mine will be discounted I'm sure. The bed was uncomfortable. I left very early in the morning sorry I had wasted my time and money. AND there is no great ocean view. There is one room which seems to have a partial. The water is quite a long walk.

Room Tip: I would stay across the street or elsewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Teri C
gullwinginn, Owner at Gull Wing Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

We are sorry that this guest did not express her concerns to us in person. We would have addressed them, and offered her a refund if we were unable to please her. The beach is a 2 minute walk away as it says on our web page. The suites all have ocean views. We are not ocean front, and our prices reflect that. She is correct... there are notes in the suites. We have found them to be necessary. The note requesting that the TV volume be kept under 22 after 10pm (not 9pm as stated in the review), is so that neighboring guests are not kept awake by loud late night programming. We are sorry that this guest found this to be unreasonable. She should have read the reservation confirmation information which includes our noise policy. The walls between the suites are insulated for sound but they do not block loud noises. People come to stay with us for peace and quiet, and a true bargain at the beach, and that is what we seek to deliver. Others have mentioned how comfortable our beds are so I do not know what do about her bed complaint. We will review our notes and eliminate any that are too much, as this part of the review is a legitimate critique.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I am spending a week in Unit 1 of the Gull Wing Inn, Moclips, WA. As I sit at the table by my front window I can see the waves breaking in the Pacific Ocean. It is a beautiful sight. The beach is totally accessible, you can even drive on parts of it. The Unit is very comfortable and decorated to the hilt. The owners has a small antique shop off the office and her love of antiques is reflected in the decor. For some it might be a bit "over the top" but it is lovely and the room has everything you need for comfort. A kitchen fully loaded with all you need to cook. Just bring the groceries. Bathroom shower is a bit small but lots of hot water and plenty of mirrors to check yourself out before you leave. King size bed is comfortable, WIFI is fast and free. Direct TV gives you all the channels you would want. A hot tub @ 102 degrees is right outside the door, shared with the 2 other units but so far I have used it alone.

Moclips is very rural so load up on your groceries before you get here. I stopped at Safeway in Aberdeen and got what I needed. There is a little market in Moclips where you can get essentials but at a price.

The Inn Keepers are very nice, not intrusive, but available if you need anything.

Room Tip: I don't know what the other rooms hold but Unit 1 is great for a solo or a couple.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank jude65
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Our room #2 was like a well-stocked condo, with bits of personality all its own. I see that some don't like the decor, but I looked at the picture boxes, beach souvenirs, and antiques as little stories waiting to be told...and I managed to make up a few good ones :) The proprietors are obviously invested in the community and were most helpful when discussing the history and sights in the area. The stretch of beach near the Gull Wing Inn does not allow cars during the summer so my dogs were able to run freely on the beach and along the river without worrying about traffic. Being away from Ocean Shores and the hubbub was a big plus, and the evenings were quiet and peaceful. The Gull Wing Inn is different from your standard lodging...thank goodness!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lorie52
Reviewed 11 May 2012

If you want seclusion and quiet, this is great. The outside hot tub was
lovely but a tad tricky to get into.

It seemed like every surface in room #2 was covered with something, from
the side tables to the walls. Even the mirrors had mirrors on them. I
had to clear stuff away just to sit down.

The kitchen appliances are full sized and fairly new and worked well.
The cupboards didn't contain any microwave safe dishes in it. No soup
for you!

The wi-fi was nearly useless with next to no bandwidth. The signal was
strong as the hotel transmitter was actually in the same room. I had
four different wi-fi devices and they all reported the same useless
speed.

There was no AT&T cell signal anywhere in town. Some providers may work
there. You should leave your phone at home when you go to the beach
anyway.

The hotel is a stone's throw from a walking path to the beach or a block
to a drive-down access road.

The rooms were clean and bathroom had plenty of towels. You can sit on
the couch and see the ocean or at the dining table and see the ocean in
the big mirror.

The two beds are in one room leaving you no place to put suitcases. The
'extra' queen-sized bed is inflatable and would take up the whole living
area once you move furniture around.

It was 'okay' but not what I like.

fyi - Room #2 is the big image on this website

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Debra V
gullwinginn, Owner at Gull Wing Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

This customer complained about our network's WiFi speed. We showed her that our personal computer was wireless and the speed test revealed 946 download and 372 upload speed. She then suggested that I was not telling her the truth about our computer being wireless, so I proved it to her. I asked her to log on to our neighbors WiFi, and she had the same problem.

Next, I tested the speed next to her suite with an iPod, and it was fine. We called our internet provider's tech line explained the situation and they said the problem was hers, not ours. I then tried to satisfy this customer by offering a refund but she declined. No one else has complained about our free WiFi connection speed.

The customer was mistaken about microwave safe dishes not being available, and the suite's layout and amenities are accurately and clearly posted on our web page.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

The Gull Wing was the perfect spot for our book club weekend getaway. The location is ideal, within steps of the beach. Our suite accommodated us all well. It was very comfortable with an impeccable attention to detail and cleanliness. We had everything we needed for a fun & relaxing weekend, including a few treasures from the Antique Shop! Carla & John were great hosts & I look forward to staying at the Gull Wing again!

Room Tip: We got a tour of the three rooms. I rec'md the large suite (just right for 5-6 gals) or the more romantic small suite.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends