“Amazing white water trip! Beautiful scenery and great staff.”

River Recreation Whitewater Rafting Day Trips
US$95.00*
Wenatchee River Whitewater Rafting
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Monitor
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a deluxe on-river basecamp on the banks of the Wenatchee River including camping, a picnic area, a hammock corner, photo booth, restrooms, and in-door changing rooms. We provide whitewater rafting trips on 8 different rivers in Washington State. We have 30 years experience making us Washington State's Whitewater Professionals.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The crew was amazing. We brought a group of 20 and they had all the gear we needed and it was good quality gear too. Our guides gave us Exactly the trip we were looking for.

1  Thank MitchellSnyder

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We were there on LS deal which does have LOADs of fine print that leads to extra costs given the somewhat misleading way the coupon is written- though it is within the bounds of the verbage, just misleading.
In addition, as we have been on this river before, I had asked specific questions prior to buying LS deal and booking the trip.
I had specifically asked for and was given confirmation that splash jackets were available.. Apparently, when the rafters I booked arrived, they were told, rather rudely in fact, that we had not told anyone we wanted splash jackets. In fact, the individual (we believe his name was Wes) stated when asked, " I have one for myself but no one told me I had to bring extras" and walked away.
I also asked about the food as hot food when you are paying this much money and are cold from being on the river is a plus and was advised it was a steak and chicken meal. This was told me with a clear understanding I was booking for the Methow river. My group was then advised, while freezing sans splash jackets on rocks, that the Methow is considered a "remote location" and there would be no hot food.
Last, it took nearly 2 hours for the group to get on the river, with a lot of wasted time of buses being transported back and forth, forcing the group to just stand around for nearly an hour post safety talk waiting to get the float going. It just seems that this part of the process could be improved upon.
I can say that the feedback for the two guides was positive, friendly and very good at guiding them to hit the most rapids for this mostly experienced group- so kudos for them for the guiding only.
Bottom line, this was a year for us to try your company out as I typically have 12-20 rafters and we were very hopeful you would be the company that we count on and look forward to using year after year.
Unfortunately that will not be the case as guiding was good but not enough to make up for poor customer service.

4  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Don from River Recreation gave us a great discount for a giant group and was very understanding whenever a problem came up (as they tend to do when you're trying to coordinate dozens of people to be in one spot at the same time). We actually had to reschedule our trip because the river was too high to run on our original day, and they gave us the option of either rescheduling or going on a different river that day, which I thought was very professional that they drove out there to check and didn't try to run it anyway.

Also, the included lunch is fantastic! Enjoy it!

We had an amazing time out on the Skykomish and will be back this summer with River Recreation!

Oh, don't forget to tip your guide! :)

2  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This was our first time white water rafting. We did the Tieton River Half-Day Class III/IV and thought it was a good one to start with. Our guide, Christian, was awesome. He really knows what he is doing. They provide everything you need. The trip is definitely work but you have times where you rest as well as the water is a little calm. There were points that were a little intense. The boat behind us capsized but we pulled the two women that went in quickly. The guides were very professional and got the situation under control with no issues. The lunch they serve at the end was pretty good. It was grilled chicken and skirt steak. Better than a sack lunch I was expecting. Definitely worth the time and money and was a memorable experience.

2  Thank David W
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We went down the Wenatchee the end of June. We had been rafting before, but this time the river was faster, and higher. Bobby was our guide, and it turned out being just my family in the boat.
Two guides in a safety raft also went along with us. The guides were all very helpful, and very knowledgable, and you could tell that they loved what they were doing.
The life vests were ridiculously tight-I guess that is for your own safety, but it made a mammogram seem not so bad.
We had a blast on the trip. Carrying the rafts was definitely not my favorite part of the trip, but I have done this on other rafting trips as well.
Going through a rapid we hit really hard and my husband was thrown out of the raft-unfortunately ruining Bobby's perfect record for the year, but the rescue boat was there instantly and they got him back in very quickly.
Bobby was very helpful in providing information to the websites of photographers who often take photos of boats on the river.
Tipping is encouraged and I had never tipped on a rafting trip before, which made it really awkward because we really didn't know how much was expected.
Sorry about your record Bobby. We had a blast anyway!

3  Thank curly98059