“A day of fun and sun on the river.”

River Recreation Whitewater Rafting Day Trips
Book In Advance
More Info
US$95.00*
and up
Wenatchee River Whitewater Rafting
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Monitor
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a deluxe on-river basecamp on the banks of the Wenatchee River including camping, a picnic area, a hammock corner, photo booth, restrooms, and in-door changing rooms. We provide whitewater rafting trips on 8 different rivers in Washington State. We have 30 years experience making us Washington State's Whitewater Professionals.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking
Tacoma, Washington
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“A day of fun and sun on the river.”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We took 10 people on a 3 hour trip down the Wenatchee River. The guides were friendly and quite relaxed. They worked hard to see we had a good time- even putting together a water slide for the kids. I would suggest that they let you know you will not return to the van- we lost a couple of old towels and a bottle of sunscreen- but this was a very mild complaint and I would recommend the trip whole heartedly.

Visited July 2013

University Place, WA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awesome day on the Wenatchee!..”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Great crew, beautiful day, first class boats, yummy lunch - what more could you ask for? Luther was our guide for the day and he did wonderful job of coaching, keeping us safe and letting us have some fun. A bit of a drive from Tacoma, but well worth it. Looking forward to running the Skykomish with these guys - can't wait to get back on the river.

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing white water trip! Beautiful scenery and great staff.”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The crew was amazing. We brought a group of 20 and they had all the gear we needed and it was good quality gear too. Our guides gave us Exactly the trip we were looking for.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank MitchellSnyder
Gig Harbor, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Methow River Memorial Day weekend”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We were there on LS deal which does have LOADs of fine print that leads to extra costs given the somewhat misleading way the coupon is written- though it is within the bounds of the verbage, just misleading.
In addition, as we have been on this river before, I had asked specific questions prior to buying LS deal and booking the trip.
I had specifically asked for and was given confirmation that splash jackets were available.. Apparently, when the rafters I booked arrived, they were told, rather rudely in fact, that we had not told anyone we wanted splash jackets. In fact, the individual (we believe his name was Wes) stated when asked, " I have one for myself but no one told me I had to bring extras" and walked away.
I also asked about the food as hot food when you are paying this much money and are cold from being on the river is a plus and was advised it was a steak and chicken meal. This was told me with a clear understanding I was booking for the Methow river. My group was then advised, while freezing sans splash jackets on rocks, that the Methow is considered a "remote location" and there would be no hot food.
Last, it took nearly 2 hours for the group to get on the river, with a lot of wasted time of buses being transported back and forth, forcing the group to just stand around for nearly an hour post safety talk waiting to get the float going. It just seems that this part of the process could be improved upon.
I can say that the feedback for the two guides was positive, friendly and very good at guiding them to hit the most rapids for this mostly experienced group- so kudos for them for the guiding only.
Bottom line, this was a year for us to try your company out as I typically have 12-20 rafters and we were very hopeful you would be the company that we count on and look forward to using year after year.
Unfortunately that will not be the case as guiding was good but not enough to make up for poor customer service.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank Jessica S
Pinckney, Michigan
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Helpful and safe company”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Don from River Recreation gave us a great discount for a giant group and was very understanding whenever a problem came up (as they tend to do when you're trying to coordinate dozens of people to be in one spot at the same time). We actually had to reschedule our trip because the river was too high to run on our original day, and they gave us the option of either rescheduling or going on a different river that day, which I thought was very professional that they drove out there to check and didn't try to run it anyway.

Also, the included lunch is fantastic! Enjoy it!

We had an amazing time out on the Skykomish and will be back this summer with River Recreation!

Oh, don't forget to tip your guide! :)

Visited July 2012