“Nice room, noisy”

Best Western Sky Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel is nice, but it is across the street from railroad tracks. The train blows it's horn at all times of the night. Hope you are a hard sleeper. Other than that, the bed was comfortable. The sign in the bathroom says fan is on all the time. It might be, but it is a central fan system and will not keep up with the shower. The mirror will fog up on you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff C
SkyValley, General Manager at Best Western Sky Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for your review! I am sorry to hear you didnt have a perfect nights sleep. As Monroe was built around the railroad tracks, train noise can certainly bother our guests on occasion. However we are the furthest Monroe hotel from the tracks and this does limit the noise in comparison. Again, I am very sorry this was in issue for you and thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Left after one night, husband and grandchild with allergies to cats and dogs. This hotel is not clear on the subject that animals are in these rooms. Looked clean, smelled clean but both family members had allergic and asthma issues after spending just one night.
When I asked about it staff then told me that they try to keep them to the first floor, I heard two small dogs on my thirds floor area. Did not offer to reduce price.

Room Tip: Ask about Animal Policy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sshotelexp

I am very sorry to hear of the troubles you encountered during your stay here with us. While we do accept pets (dogs only) in our rooms we go to great lengths to ensure the rooms are deep cleaned following any pets that stay with us. I am truly sorry to hear your family had the issues you did. Thank your taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We chose to stay here at short notice for a couple of days of day hiking in the North Cascades. It's located just off the Highway 2 strip in Monroe, with a choice of restaurants close by. We had an excellent room, with good beds, lots of space, and a jacuzzi. I used the pool and spa, which were ho hum but functional. The hotel was full for the county fair, which accounted for the high price that we paid but provided excellent people watching.
Breakfast was adequate if rather odd -- what were those egg style somethings? And the best thing was that we were out at the trail head by 9:00 am without rushing.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nina R

Thank you for your review! We are glad to year you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you liked and where we can improve, we rely on this feedback to continually improve our hotel to better serve our guests. Thanks again!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

It is better than my expectation. It look not very nice from the website but it is very nice with location, plenty of restuarant all around, near to main road, close to Evergreen speedway Monroe, close to Freeway. Room quality is good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the great review! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you the next time you travel to Monroe!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

This hotel has a nice appearance and is clean but there is a lot of street noise, several trains that go through the night and sound the whistles at every street corner, and is a bit pricey for the experience. The pool and spa are small but clean. The breakfast is standard.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Donald D
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Very friendly young lady checked me in the night before. The room was pretty nice. Nice bed and I slept well, until people next to me got up and could hear them (showers, etc.)... Could also hear people the night before, but no biggie...I wasn't ready for sleep at the time and I've celebrated with friends too. No disappointment there. Needed a place to stay in Monroe, WA and this looks to be the nicest hotel in town. Was a half-mile walk from the microbrew in town and that was nice.

The thing that grossed me out was something I saw in the breakfast bar. The behind the desk guy came to restock food, etc. They have these egg patties, ham and cheese that people can use tongs, put on bread, etc., and microwave. Well the desk manager (guy in suit behind the desk) brought out replacement goods, then reached in with a bare hand to grab them and stick back out on the platter. Bare-Handed without washing hands. In the middle of this exercise he reaches down to the floor and grabs debris and throws it away, then bare-handed grabs more cheese and sets it out on the platter. Some may think this is normal but to me it grosses me out badly. People should wash hands and use good cleanliness when handling other people's food and that is not what happened here.

I might come back but probably not eat at the breakfast bar.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott S
SkyValley, General Manager at Best Western Sky Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Thank you for submitting your review of our property. We rely on guest feedback such as yours to know where we are succeeding and where we need to focus on improving. I would like to assure you, as the manager and breakfast host in the mornings, that I have never used bare hands to contact food. I use a thin transparent latex-free polyethylene glove 100% of the time. Sanitation surrounding our breakfast bar surfaces and food is extremely important to me and i do not allow hand contact at any point in our breakfast food storage, preparation or serving. I apologize for the confusion as I have had this experience when using these particular gloves before. Thanks again for bringing both your concerns and what you found pleasurable about your stay to my attention and I look forward to the opportunity to provide with quality accommodations again the future! -Mr. K. Hendricks - General Manager

Reviewed 17 May 2013

front desk very friendly. was able to check into room early. Room was clean, quiet, and bed was comfortable. Hotel close to show grounds, and many restaurants in the area. Definitely would return here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Woodinville WA
La Quinta Inn Everett
La Quinta Inn Everett
#3 of 22 in Everett
Courtyard Seattle Everett Downtown

Been to Best Western Sky Valley Inn? Share your experiences!