“Clean & quiet”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Monroe
Pablo, Montana, United States
“Clean & quiet”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have been coming to the Monroe swap meet in October for the 4th year now. I was very happy to have found the Monroe Motel the first year. I have stayed there each year since then. It's priced very affordably. Not much for amenities, which will cost you at other motels. Very clean, beds were comfotable. Nice and quiet. I would call it a rough gem, not so appealing on the outside, but very nice on the inside. If you need all the amenities, then go to a high priced hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
ABVISeatac, Manager at Monroe Motel, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear Mike L,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are very glad you were able to get a clean comfortable stay at a value. We love to have our repeat customers enjoying the charm of Monroe Motel and hope to see you again soon.

Thanks!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Riverside, CA
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is definitely a two star motel. Has a place to hang clothes but no closets. There are a minimum of amenities. On the plus side, there is wi-fi and cable TV. The room was clean, the heater worked fine and the area was quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Airportbum31
ABVISeatac, Manager at Monroe Motel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Airportbum31,

Thank you for your feedback we look to make our guests stay as value and comfort oriented as possible. We are glad you were able to relax in one of our cozy clean rooms and save some money from having to pay one of the big guys in town :-)

We hope to see you soon!
Banff
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed at Monroe Hotel over Thanksgiving weekend. After reading the reviews, was a little worried about what I got myself into as half were terrible reviews and half were good reviews. Stayed in Room #8, which was in the new wing and was pleasantly surprised by it. Was newer, very clean, comfortable bed and plenty of towels. The carpet could have used a cleaning and the front door an extra chain lock for a bit more security, but otherwise, don't have any complaints. Is located off a main road and has a stream running behind the rooms, so was peaceful. Don't be put off by the trailer park as the residents were very quiet the 3 nights I stayed.

Room Tip: Would recommend asking for a room in the newer wing (1-10) as the wing next to the road looked older...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Snowybanff
ABVISeatac, Manager at Monroe Motel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Snowybanff,

Thank you for your review and we are glad you had an enjoyable comfortable stay. We are the only property off the highway and our return guests love the peaceful setting that we provide.

thank you and hope to see you soon.
Tumalo, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Mama always said "if you can't say anything nice, don't day anything at all." So, let me say this: The roof doesn't leak. The door locks. The heat works. Other than that ... if you're planning to stay here, bring your own blow dryer, iron and ironing board. This is bare bones.

Room Tip: Ask to not stay "up top".
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PNWTrippin

Travellers are raving about these Monroe hotels

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We seek out these older, local family owned motels on our road trips. We have had some great finds and a few YIKES'. The Monroe Motel was neither great nor yikes, but we were very pleased with our overnight stay. Well priced, very clean and quiet. The mobile home park in front of the motel is a little off putting, but it needn't be. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Penny T
ABVISeatac, Manager at Monroe Motel, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Penny T,

thank you for your feedback and review! We definitely are a family run establishment in Monroe for over 30 years and we love to have our repeat customers as well as first time customers have a comfortable place to stay without breaking the bank. We hope to see you again in the future.
Monroe
Reviewed 8 July 2013

It was a relaxing, peaceful place to stay with a grassy area, woods, and a gentle stream running behind our good sized room just out the patio door. The owners and employees were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank James G
Roy, Utah
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I'm responsible for booking all my husbands trips and I depend on the reviews here on Tripadvisor to help me make the best choice for his hotel rooms. He had a job on the outskirts of Monroe and once I saw the high cost of a hotel room with the others I began pouring over the reviews here for the Monroe Hotel. I love the statements saying not to judge it by the outside or the mobile home park it shares land with. That information along with everyone saying how clean it was sold me that this was the place to book him. Flash forward weeks later when he arrives at the Monroe and I am standing on Vegas BLVD in Las Vegas when my phone rings and it's my husband who says to me, " I'm standing outside this motel in Monroe you've booked me in. Woman, do you have ANY idea where you booked me?" Once I stopped laughing I told him of all the wonderful reviews and to take a look at the room and if he didn't feel is was as good as all the reviews said then I would jump right on finding another place. Well, he did and he stayed. If he ever finds himself back in Monroe for work, he will gladly stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank techies
ABVISeatac, Manager at Monroe Motel, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Techies -

Thank you for your comments and feedback - reading your review definitely prompted myself to have a chuckle as well :-) We are very happy to hear that your husband was able to experience the value and comfort we strive to provide at the Monroe Motel - we are more then an image we take hospitality to a personal level. We hope to see you in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Best Western Sky Valley Inn
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#15 of 22 in Everett
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - Silverlake
Best Western Cascadia Inn
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bothell
Evergreen Inn and Suites

Been to Monroe Motel? Share your experiences!