“HORRIBLE!”
Review of Sage n Sand Motel

Sage n Sand Motel
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Moses Lake
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stayed a few weeks ago and this place seemed ok because of these reviews. Well i go into my room and find dead bugs in the window seals and in the drain of my shower. There were dirty hand prints all over the headboard and walls. Not to mention I felt itchy and rashy when i was in the beds. I actually looked under the comforter and seen yellow and brown stains all over them! And late at night i could barely sleep because the Flintstone owners were out partying with the guest near the pool and the older front desk clerk wouldnt let me speak my mind and was very rude and over powering. I will never stay at this motel ever again in my life!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
chelfn, Owner at Sage n Sand Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

We appreciate your input about our motel. We are very sorry that you (knowing that we were in the barbecue area) didn't personally bring your concerns to us. We can not address problems if we don't know them, especially rudeness from an employee. So we thank you for your concerns! Your concerns are our concerns! We do appreciate your business.
Our sincere apologies, Richard & Chelie (Owners at the Sage N Sand)

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Beds are comfortable and rooms are clean. The service is friendly and helpful. Much more than I would have expected for the price. Our room even had a kitchen with a large fridge and microwave. It's a ways from the freeway but well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013

Our sincere apologies, Richard & Chelie (Owners at the Sage N Sand)

Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I are traveling with my 11year old daughter and neice on a cross country trip from Louisville Ky to Seattle Wa. We have been staying at KOA kabins which have been great but we were in need of a real bed and relaxation! We found the SageNSand motel to be just what we hoped for. The room was very spacious and the beds were very comfy! The pool was a great way for the girls to let loose and have some fun. The staff were very friendly and willing to answer any of our questions about directions or places to eat. I would recommend anyone traveling to stay here!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank You! We love it when the secret gets out! It pleases us that you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your business and taking your time to share your thoughts in a review.
Thanks Again, Richard & Chelie (Sage N Sand owners)

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Talk about an amazing place!!! We LOVED every minute of our stay with the gang at the Sage n Sand Motel. Not going to lie, we were worried about staying in a "MOTEL" but from the moment we rolled in there (4 of us rowdy gals heading to Watershed) we were beyond impressed. Rooms were spotless and cozy with comfy beds. The staff were all friendly and helpful treating us like royalty. Spacious rooms with a crystal clear pool for us to keep cool in each day. Kudos to the owners and team who made our stay so memorable, we love you!!! We stayed 4 nights and about cried when we had to pack up and leave our newly found gem! We'll be back.............SOON!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank You! You can't imagine how it pleases us to read such kind words! We are working very hard to give life to this little old motel and try to provide exactly how you envisioned us. Pleasing our guests makes it all worth it! We do hope to see you again! And again..... Thank You for your business and taking your time to share your experience.
Sincerely, Richard and Chelie. (Sage N Sand owners)

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We booked this hotel because we came from Seattle and stopped at the Gorge for a concert on Saturday. We then stayed in Moses Lake at the Sage N Sand before heading home to Canada. It isn't much to look at from the outside, a typical small town motel, but the rooms have been renovated and the staff was very helpful and able to answer my questions about the area, the details about what to expect at the Gorge for the concert, parking, etc. They were genuinely concerned about the quality of our stay and even went in to turn on our AC, knowing we were at the Gorge and would come home to a hot room in the middle of an unusual heatwave otherwise.

The room was very clean and you can tell they care about their establishment. The rate was very reasonable and we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we will likely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank You for taking your time to share your thoughts. We appreciate your business and we hope that we can be a part of your next gorge event or just a sunny trip to Moses Lake!
Our sincere Thanks, Richard and Chelie. (owners @ the Sage N Sand)

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I spent two nights at this motel in July 2013, and I found it to be quiet and comfortable. The A/C worked well, which was great since it was about 95 degrees during the day. This is a bare-bones, 50s-style motel, with the rooms in a circle with parking in the middle. It is like one of those motels you might see in an old 50s movie. Yet the bed was comfortable, with a small refrigerator, microwave and cable TV. There is also a small table with chairs for two. I was told there was a small swimming pool, but I never found it. I was also told they had coffee and donuts in the morning, but I never got any. The only drawback is for someone staying with a room on the Pioneer Way (west) side of the courtyard. I had closed the blinds, but despite this, the sun came streaming into the room in the morning. It was as if there were headlights on me. They have draw-curtains as well, and once I pulled the drapes across, it blocked out the sunlight. It was a good value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Robbie69

We would like to Thank You for staying with us and special Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again!
Sincerely, Richard and Chelie (owners at the Sage N Sand)

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Clean,comfortable and nice people. Good for an overnight stop! I checked Trip Advisor reviews on our way into town. The travelers know what they are talking about !!! The owner was there on check in. Rooms were clean and upgraded. You won't be sorry.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank You! We value our customers and strive to provide clean,comfortable and affordable accommodations. It pleases us that you enjoyed your stay and that you have taken your time to share your experience. We appreciate your business! Come back and see us if you're ever in the Moses Lake Area!
Sincerely, Richard and Chelie (. Owners at the Sage N Sand)