“Set your watch back 30 yrs”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sage n Sand Motel

Sage n Sand Motel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Moses Lake
Fox Island, Washington, United States
“Set your watch back 30 yrs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Looks like an old-timey place for cross-country travelers. It is clean, adequate, and friendly. Good location for restaurants, groceries, and repairs.

A drawback is their ?security lighting right outside every door. Could not figure out how to turn it off, so slept with eye mask (always carry) or facing away.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Bill C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
earth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Spent a night here in the cheapest room - no problems. Good sized room, 1950s style facility. Basic but clean, recently renovated, nice staff, only suggestion I can make is thicker or sturdier window coverings as the sign is quite bright. This place seems to get good reviews, which swayed me, and I do not regret it. Fine for decent place to sleep at a good price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank heckflosse
Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed her for one night during a work trip. The rate was really good and the room was cozy and clean with some pleasant furnishings. The front desk lady (Rhoda) was very friendly to the person checking in before me and myself. I would definitely stay here again when passing through, especially for the rate and the hospitality.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GoTimbersRCTID
Parksville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Before booking two nights at the Sage N Sand, we checked out their website and were a little surprised at the pictures showing the rooms and their furnishings. Checking in and finding our room looked exactly like the pictures was a pleasant surprise.
Though the room was small, or seemed small with a king size bed in it, it was clean and comfortable.
My other comment about the furnishings is that maybe they were a bit over done. I don't mean to be picky, but with a slightly cramped room, you couldn't really sit in the chairs to enjoy them.
And my only suggestion to the owners is to put a soap/shampoo holder in the shower. Our room did not have a tub, just a shower and there was not place to put anything in the shower.
This is an old motel, but to the credit of the owners, they have done an excellent job of keeping it in good condition.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Orting, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We were looking for a reasonable place to stay for a week as vendors at the fair. It had to be well kept and safe for our grandchildren. Read reviews and called for a weekly rate. Great value, awesome onsite owners, and the housekeepers went the extra mile..will return

• Stayed August 2013
Skamania, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Very pleasant surprise finding this place. It's the best in all of Moses Lake as I have stayed in all of them in Moses Lake as I pass through each week for business. This little place is unique each room is different in decor than the next, each has little touches that speak of quality. The beds are better than mine at home and I have high end mattress. Very comfortable and very very clean, and the owners and staff make you feel very welcomed there you will not find any better in Moses Lake!

Room Tip: You will wish there was a Sage and Sand all along your route. This place provides excellent service...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Keith C
Cana, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stayed a few weeks ago and this place seemed ok because of these reviews. Well i go into my room and find dead bugs in the window seals and in the drain of my shower. There were dirty hand prints all over the headboard and walls. Not to mention I felt itchy and rashy when i was in the beds. I actually looked under the comforter and seen yellow and brown stains all over them! And late at night i could barely sleep because the Flintstone owners were out partying with the guest near the pool and the older front desk clerk wouldnt let me speak my mind and was very rude and over powering. I will never stay at this motel ever again in my life!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
chelfn, Owner at Sage n Sand Motel, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
We appreciate your input about our motel. We are very sorry that you (knowing that we were in the barbecue area) didn't personally bring your concerns to us. We can not address problems if we don't know them, especially rudeness from an employee. So we thank you for your concerns! Your concerns are our concerns! We do appreciate your business.
Our sincere apologies, Richard & Chelie (Owners at the Sage N Sand)