“1950's Remodeled Gem”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Moses Lake
Port Hadlock, Washington
“1950's Remodeled Gem”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This court yard shaped 1950 gem was a bargain at $60.50. They have remodeled so carpets are new so was the furniture and appliances. Place has a pool and is non-smoking. Clientele is working guys and tourist mixed all well behaved and video monitored. Room had a shower no tub and the only outlet in the bathroom was hot only when the light was on. There was no alarm clock radio but these two things are information rather than complaints. They rent by week and month. Manager was cheery and friendly and attentive to requests. There is coffee in the lobby and no continental breakfast. Location is about 2 miles from I 90 but easy to find taking exit 176 then north about 1.75 miles on Broadway till you hit Pioneer that veers right. About another 1/2 mile and it's on your right.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank greggk47

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We made a reservation and received a confirmation for 2 beds. We also indicated we have a dog for which they charge $25 (most places charge $10). The hotel is supposed to be all non-smoking, but when we arrived the registration area reeked of stale cigarette smoke. Then I was told that our 50 pound dog was too big and they had no room for us. They also said that dogs can't stay in the 2-bed remodeled rooms. Their website says nothing to that effect. We drove down the street and got a much nicer room at the Ramada for the same price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Sage N Sand Motel for three nights while she competed in a swim meet in Moses Lake. Before I booked the room, I read the reviews. I saw that one of the concerns was poor window coverings that let in a lot of light. I also noticed that there were some rooms that were renovated/updated, and some that were not. As I wanted my stay to be as positive as possible, I contacted the Sage N Sand via email and asked about my concerns. I received a very positive reply, so I booked an updated room with 2 double beds for 3 nights.
When I arrived in Moses Lake, it was late, and we were tired from a long day of travel. The motel is an old school style drive up motel, with a retro neon motel sign up high. The sign was easy to spot. The staff member in the office was friendly and within minutes we were given the key (yes, an old school key!) and we were in the room. I was really happy to see that the room was exactly as described to me. Two double (pillowtop) beds newer furnishings and a flat screen TV mounted on the wall. There was a blind on the window and a dark brown curtain that kept out 100% of the light. There were no issues with light coming in the window at all. The room was a good size, not the largest I've ever stayed in, but certainly not the smallest either. The bathroom was small with a shower stall, but it was completely functional and clean. There were extra pillows in the 'closet' alcove and lots of fresh white towels (the linens and towels looked brand new they were so white).
We slept well all three nights and were suprized at how quiet the room was (I'd read a review that complained about street noise). The AC was loud, but no louder than my AC at home. The most important thing about it was that it kept the room cool, and that was exactly what I expected it to do.
I can only imagine that the people who complained about the Sage N Sand Motel expected a 5 star hotel at a budget price. I think the true test of any hotel/motel is to see if there are the same cars in the parking lot for more than one night. In the case of the Sage N Sand, there certainly were. If my daughter swims at the meet again next year, we will certainly stay at the Sage N Sand and will ask for room 11 again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jim S
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Perfect for a one might stay. Clean nicely updated room. Pool was a pleasure with bbqs for use. AC worked great. Rough around the edges on the outside but rooms were great and deserve a 4.5/5 for value. Wish the had larger family sized rooms though.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank DM1108
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This Motel was clean good location, staff was friendly and helpful. Basic accommodations at a fair price. There was easy parking, a Pool, Ice machine, Soda machine, free coffee and pastries in office in the morning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tdriver420
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent motel. The staff was very courteous and professional. Our room was recently remodeled and very clean. The pillowtop mattress was very comfortable and I had the best sleep in several nights. For $60 this motel beats the national chains with numbers in them hands down.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gRich49
Staunton, Virginia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

No table to eat our packed dinner, the only chairs were in the bathroom with a shower curtain separating. No outlets in bed area. Tiny TV. Our room was on the corner bordering two busy streets, so the cars were revving all night long. The curtains in the bathroom were just venetian blinds (peeping Tom dream). It was clean so two stars. I do not recommend.

Sigh.