“An active day” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Moses Lake
Seattle, Washington
“An active day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

While husband spent the day at work, I kept busy at the gym which has the basics: bike, elliptical and treadmill. Had a dip in the indoor pool, then spa and steam room, unfortunately, the sauna wasn't working. Just wish the free breakfast included some protein like hardboiled eggs or cheese instead of just carbs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Deer-Reverie
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Moses Lake, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Deer-Reverie,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay and for being a valued Shilo guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

A.Tapia - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pendleton, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Used our rewards certificate for a free room. TV is very old tube type. Bathroom was disgusting. Bed had hair on in. Front desk didn't have an onion for new room or anyone to clean either.
I was disappointed that when I checked out I was told that "since it was free" I shouldn't be too "sad".

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tizmyn
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Moses Lake, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear valued guests,

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused during your stay with us. Unfortunately our hotel is a little dated I will pass this information on to the proper people in charge of the decor. Some of our rooms do have new flat screen TV’s and I am sure it would have been no problem switching you into a different room with a newer T.V. I sincerely apologize about our desk staff not taking deeply into consideration your inconveniences. I also have informed our housekeeping to keep closer attention will cleaning their rooms and making sure that are not missing anything. Hopefully you will give Shilo Inns another chance for your future stays.

ML General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Moses Lake hotels

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is a review from a trip back at the end of July 2013. We didn't end up staying here due supposedly to a snafu on Travelocity's side (Shilo claims Travelocity never sent the reservation to them), but the treatment by the staff while we tried to remedy the situation was poor at best, with too many moments of rudeness and confusion.

When I got to the front desk and gave the guy my name, he couldn't find me in the system. I told him it was a Travelocity reservation, and gave him the Travelocity confirmation for it. For the next 8-10 minutes he was either on the phone, doing something on the front desk computer, or in the back room talking to the manager. I could tell from the conversations that there was some problem; however he didn't explain to me what was going on. When I asked what the problem was, he simply said "hold on a minute," and went to the back to talk to the manager. After that conversation, he came back to the front computer and got on the phone again, again completely neglecting to give me a clue as to what was going on. When I asked what was going on, again he said "give me a minute..." even though I could hear from the conversation that there was obviously something wrong.

Finally after 10 minutes he explained that travelocity didn't send over the reservation, but if I waited 'till 3pm they should be able to find a room for me, as he said there were reservations that weren't 'guaranteed' where he could place us. I didn't exactly understand, but I went and sat down for 15 minutes in the super-hot, un-airconditioned lobby. When it was past 3pm, I went back up to see what was going on - and he said they don't have a room for me. He had just spoke with the woman I assumed was the manager, who was about to leave the front desk area, when I said quickly "Wait - is that your manager? Can she please explain what's going on?"

After a long sigh, she goes on to say (again) travelocity didn't send the reservation, and they're completely booked, so there's nothing she could do. I asked about what the other guy said - wait 'till 3 and they could put me into a room that didn't have a guaranteed reservation (or whatever that phrase was), and she said they had no reservations in that class - that all of them were guaranteed. I asked what we were supposed to do, and she said "Well, we can't go out and build a room for you, so you won't be able to stay here."

After I pushed them a little, they offered to call some other nearby hotels, and found one with an opening and had them hold a room for me. This was quite helpful. We ended up staying at the nearby Holiday Inn Express, which honestly was about 10x's nicer and the same rate.

The parts that I didn't understand about this whole thing were:
1. Why didn't the guy tell me what was going on from the get-go? why so secretive & non-communicative, when there was obviously something wrong?

2. Why did the one guy tell me to go sit down and wait and he'd be able to get me into a room, when in fact they had none available? He had spoken multiple times already with the manager, shouldn't he have already known they couldn't get me in?

3. Why didn't they call other area hotels sooner? in fact, why did I have to push them to help me with this? I had made the decision to stay at a Shilo Inn, which we've done a number of other times, in Moses Lake and various other locations. I would think they would still consider me a customer, at least a potential future customer, and want me to not have an awful experience while in their waiting room. If I have an awful experience here, it's highly unlikely I'd ever return. If I have an OK / helpful experience, it's highly likely I will return again.

4. What the hell was with the manager's comment "..we can't go and build a room for you"? What kind of customer service skills do you have to make such a condescending comment to a customer? Even my easy-going wife was taken aback by this one.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel would be preferable.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank gsw615
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Moses Lake, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience with the Moses Lake Shilo Inn. I do apologize that your experience was not a pleasant one and that the staff was not able to help you in the quick and friendly manner. I did look into your reservation and found that it was indeed booked and paid for through Travelocity which is a third party internet booking company. What we found was that they never sent us your room reservation therefore we did not have it upon your arrival. Unfortunately we have no control of these other internet booking sites. The staff should have explained this more to you so that you understood and should have offered to call the other area hotels to see what they had available instead of you asking. Again I sincerely apologize for your experience and do hope that you will allow Shilo Inns another change to accommodate you during your future travel.

Lethbridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Hotel is always clean and more than accommodating. They were able to put our party next door to each other. The amenities are close and bobs dinner is always a fan favorite. We have already booked for next year. staff is always excellent with a great sense of humor. Hotel lobby could use some updating, and one room had a tv from the 1980 but all in all an excellent place to lay your head for a night or two.

Room Tip: rooms are all clean
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eric G
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Moses Lake Shilo Inn. I am glad to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one. I will pass along your comment regarding updating the hotel to the proper people. We hope to see you again during your future travels to the Moses lake area.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed at Shilo Inn for one week,while at 14year olds Babe Ruth World Series. Very pleased with everything. rooms roomy and clean. No odors noticed in any of the rooms we had. staff friendly and helpful. many family restaurants nearby. Also small convenience store on property. Also had nice area outside with two picnic tables. FYI Casino nearby only has a few table games, no slots.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gail S
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Moses Lake Shilo Inn. I am glad to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We hope to see you again during your future travels to the Moses lake area.

Billings, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We found 70 dollar rooms at this hotel through Kayak. Check-in was quick and the staff was helpful. This is a pet friendly hotel, but they do require an extra fee per each pet. The rooms were extremely roomy, appeared to be clean and one was freshly shampooed. However, all three rooms we rented had an unpleasant odor. The bedding was clean but dated and the carpet was in good shape but seemed to be where the odor was coming from. The kids loved the pool and the teens used the very basic workout equipment. The breakfast was adequate, mostly carbs. We were on the interstate side of the hotel but did not hear any traffic noise. For the price, we would have been more than content with the rooms if it wasn't for the odor.

1 Thank Bunnarabbit66
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Moses Lake Shilo Inn. I am sorry to hear that your room had a smoke smell to it. As you know we are a 100% smoke free property but unfortunately some guest still smoke in our rooms. We try to deep clean the rooms once they are smoked in however the smell does get into very thing. We have implemented a new policy so that it will detour anyone from smoking in our rooms. I am glad to hear that other then the smell your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We do look forward to accommodating you and your family again during your future travels to the Moses Lake area.

Victoria, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We made a group reservation. Having stayed before at the Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn across the street, we were a bit suspicious about this property. However, we were surprised. The rooms were larger than expected, well kept and clean. The staff is very friendly, even when facing the challenge to try to accomodate 7 families arriving almost at the same time before the check in time. They found a way to delay us as little as possible.
Given the heat, the A/C was working very well, keeping the rooms cool enough to take a break. The continental breakfast was average but enough for adults and kids to have an early start. Some public areas look worn out, but not enough to scare people away. I will say, it was good value for our money. Prorbably more than we expected.

2 Thank RanyDanny
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Moses Lake Shilo Inn. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. As you can see even though our hotel is a little aged we still try our very best to provide our guest with clean rooms and friendly hospitality. We hope to see you again during your future travels to the Moses lake area.