“Impossible to be #3 hotel in Moses Lake”

Shilo Inn Suites - Moses Lake
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Moses Lake
Oak Harbor, Washington
“Impossible to be #3 hotel in Moses Lake”
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I stayed at this Hotel based on the reviews from this site. I learned my lesson! Surprizingly to me, the hotel I should have reserved was ranked very low in this site.

When I came to the hotel, it was mid afternoon with no people at the front desk. I sat and waited for over 15 minutes for a person to come and greet me. In all honesty, that didn't bother me too much. The more concerning issue is the cleaniless of the rooms, front desk and surrounding area. Upon entering my room, the smell of mold and prior smoke was just completely unacceptable for my family to stay. We immediately came back to the desk and asked to cancel.

The front desk said they couldn't cancel the room because they were 'sold out'. If they are 'sold out', it shouldn't be a problem to find another guest. After a 10 minute argument with the front desk clerk on why I shouldn't have to stay in a hotel or room that doesn't meet the standards I expected, she finally budged and refunded my card.

To my enlightenment, I ended up staying at a well known hotel chain with clean rooms, wonderful beds, nice pool, and a great staff that was actually cheaper than this hotel. I learned my lesson. You would be crazy to stay at this place. Simply put.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ryntav
MLSHILO, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Moses Lake, responded to this review, 3 August 2010
August 3, 2010

I would like to thank you for taking time to post a comment regarding your resent experience with the Shilo Inn – Moses Lake. It is very unfortunate to hear your experience with us was not a pleasant one. At Shilo Inn we take great pride in our customer service. It is regrettable that you where not provided with our best customer service and accommodations. I can assure you that I will look into your concerns and make sure that the issues you expressed are addressed with the entire staff. I do hope that you will give the Shilo Inn another chance to change your mind about using our hotels for your accommodation needs.

Joyce – Hotel Management

Shilo Inn Moses Lake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Convenient location to the highway. My wife and daughter loved the indoor pool. Excellent and friendly staff. Receptionist was friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast; plenty of hot and cold food for the family. Gloria, the lady who manages the breakfast area, was very nice, motherly, and friendly to talk to. She makes very likely the tastiest biscuits and gravy I ever ate, and even gave us some to take home! Gloria provided EXCELLENT customer service and made us feel a "homely welcome." Overall the hotel is a clean and quiet place to stay.

Auburn, Washington
Reviewed 1 July 2010

My wife and I arrived after midnight and were warmly welcomed by front desk staff. Our room was spacious and quiet with a very comfortable king-sized bed. The breakfast was excellent and Gloria (the breakfast coordinator) was very pleasant and personable. Her cheese omlets were great! I enjoyed visiting with her. She is an asset to Shilo Inn Suites and the type of employee any business would be proud of and fortunate to have. If travel takes us to this vicinity again we'd choose to stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Land O Lakes, FL
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I did not know what to expect when we stopped in Shilo during our one night stay in Moses Lake. The front desk clerk was courteous, our room was more then ample sized (which is a big deal when you are on a road trip for two weeks with a teenager), everything was clean. Our room was equipped with an extra sink, microwave, & fridge. We didn't get up early enough to eat the breakfast, but that is great- because it was quiet enough for us to sleep in. This place was fantastic for our one night in Moses Lake-

Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed 27 June 2010

This is by far the worst hotel stay ever for my family. Although it was for a one night stay, I will never stay at this place. The front desk experience was extremely poor. I asked them if they recommend any attractions in the area. This one person looked at me with a blank stare as if I asked a stupid question and did not even care to respond. I asked her if there was a local map and she said they don't have anything like that (except I found one at their front entry area of a nice map with local attractions). When we got to the room, there was damp odor to the room. In addition, we were put in a room overlooking directly into the roof with ventilation and ducts - what a ghastly sight of a room. On top of that they charged me the rack rate of $130 plus tax. The night's sleep was unbearable. Not only the room was stuffy with the damp order, the air conditioner box that was dangling from the wall was very noisy, which went on and off all night long. The continental breakfast was a terrible experience. Not only was it located at the end of the long hallway, nowhere close to the lobby, it was in a very small cramped room that only seated about ten people with ugly rectangular tables (not dining tables). They served stinky cold hard-boiled eggs and cheap watered-down coffee. Although I understand that Shiloh Inn is an independently run chain of hotels, based on my experience here, I will never, never stay at this chain. It is unfortunate because one experience like this brings all other Shiloh chains down unfairly. My suggestion to the management is that not to make room 204 available to anyone unless it is at a deep discount and it is clearly and honestly disclosed to the customer before assigning the room. Although this is a fairly-priced hotel (when not paying the rack rate) by the highway and definitely not a leisure hotel, it needs to provide more people friendly service.

2 Thank choosytraveler62
MLSHILO, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Moses Lake, responded to this review, 30 June 2010
June 29, 2010

I would like to thank you for taking time to post a comment regarding your resent stay at the Shilo Inn – Moses Lake. It is very unfortunate to hear your stay with us was not a pleasant one. Our goal at Shilo Inn is to make sure all our guests have a pleasant stay and a relaxing experience as we take great pride in our customer service. It is regrettable that you where not provided with our best customer service and accommodations that did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately your guest room does not have a pleasant view. I want to thank your for your suggestions regarding our breakfast room. The location of the room was picked so that we can offer our customers a larger selection of hot and cold foods as well as a larger selection of healthier foods. I can assure you that I will not only look into the concerns you expressed but I will make sure the issues are addressed with the proper departments to avoid any future issues. I do hope that you will give the Shilo Inn another chance to change your mind about using our hotels for your accommodation needs.

Joyce – Hotel Management

Travellers are raving about these Moses Lake hotels

Chicago
Reviewed 24 June 2010

If you'll be spending the night in Moses Lake, I can't imagine that you wouldn't be happy at the Shilo Inn. Front desk staff are welcoming and helpful. The rooms are large and well laid out and the beds comfortable. Everything is clean and up-to-date. The hotel has a lovely pool and hot tub. Everyone walks through the exercise room on the way to the pool - but because there is no TV this does at least provide entertainment while your are exercising. Pick up a towel from the pool area. Slightly superior continental breakfast (they offer hard boiled eggs). The Inn sells gasoline at one end of the property and offers the complete conveniece store that today goes with every gas station. There is also a nice restaurant just across the parking lot. Easy to find, just off the freeway.This is a good choice in the Moses Lake area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
albany
Reviewed 19 June 2010

It was our first visit to Moses lake, Washington. Out of all the hotel's ,we picked shilo inn, thinking they had a good reputation,Boy were we fooled ,when checking in we were informed that our confirmed reservation we had made for side by side room's was not avalible. We walked into the room to find our air conditioning unit cover hanging off our wall. Then we pulled back our bedspread to find a huge chunk of chewed gum stuck on the underside of the bedspread. We went down to the front desk to complain they didnt even say sorry, they did NOTHING! Not even offer us a replacment bedspread. We then asked for an extra pillow and was informed they had none. Believe me we tried to find another hotel but everyone in Moses Lake was booked. So when we laid down to sleep we were grossed out thinking that maybe our sheets and blankets on the bed have not been CHANGED. Then all you could hear was the noise from the people next to us. OH... and the veiw out our window was great we got to stare at the lovely rooftop, with air conditionng vents, and tv dish, what a sight!!! And if that's not enough our window didnt even have a lock, great security! We paid the same as a room with a view. No one was willing to help us with any of our complaints, not even a slight discount.
If you like eating breakfast in a confined room, with no space to move around, and microwave specials then you have found the right place! I would not even reccomend this place to my worst enemy!!!!!

2 Thank broizz
mmonson, Owner at Shilo Inn Suites - Moses Lake, responded to this review, 20 June 2010
Dear Broizz:

Thank you for taking the time to record your thoughts about your recent stay at the Moses Lake Shilo Inn. We apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Although the Moses Lake Shilo Inn has consistently rated highly on Trip Advisor and other social media web sites our hotel, like others, has potential for a slip up. We regret that we were not able to rectify your concerns while you were at the hotel as at Shilo Inns our goal is to assure our guest's comfort with clean and affordable accomodations.

We hope that with our renewed committment to your comfort and relaxing accomodations that we will see you again in the near future.

Myron - Hotel Management