“Great Value”

GreenLeadersGold level
Forks, WA
“Great Value”
Reviewed 4 October 2009

The price is right and this is a great place to stay. Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Everything was great!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MI98331
InnatMosesLake, Manager at Inn At Moses Lake, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Thanks for the Great Value review! We appreciate your support and hope to see you again soon at the Inn at Moses Lake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Anacortes
Reviewed 4 May 2009

Great place to find among other more known motels in the same location. Its closer to the freeway than some of the others in the area, but we didn't hear a sound from our room. The room was above average in cleanliness, quiet and size. Staff was friendly and full of information where to go and what to see in the area. There is no swimming pool or excercise room which is why the price per night is lower than some other places. The breakfast room was too small though for all the guests to sit comfortably at the tables.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Podunct
Thanks for taking the time to give us your review. Just so you know for your next visit, we have a contract with South Campus Athletic Club that allows all of our guests to use their facility for free. They are the largest club in grant county and offer lots of classes such as Zumba and Spinning classes. Ask the front desk if you would like more information.
Washington
Reviewed 22 March 2009

Pros:
Close to highway exit
Free breakfast

Cons:
very low water pressure (crummy shower!)
next to highway
uncomfortable bed
overpriced ($80 for a two star motel in the middle of nowhere, WA.) there is a nicer Ramada Inn and Shilo inn across the street
no lock on door

and the serious concern I have with this place:
My mother and I were given a room on the first floor of the motel. Before going to sleep we discovered there was no inner safety latch on the door, only the lock associated with the keycard entry. Not too pleased by this, but we figured it'd be okay for a night. Long story short, the front desk clerk doublebooked our room and another person entered our room after we'd gone to sleep---he was also given a card. It was a little scary to have a stranger enter our room. Luckily, we were fine, just shaken up. When we mentioned this to the manager instead of apologizing or at least pretending to be concerned he grew defensive. His lack of concern was puzzling, immature, and in the end, irritating. I think you'd be happier at one of the other hotels across the street.

• Stayed March 2009
2 Thank wantingless
InnatMosesLake, Owner at Inn At Moses Lake, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
As the owner of this hotel, I want to personally apologize for your stay here back in March of 2009. I will personally make sure that every employee working here sees this review so that we can learn from this experience and make sure to take the steps to never let it happen again. Every room does have both a dead bolt and flip lock for guest security. I would like for you to give us another chance next time you are in the area. I would be more then happy to give you a free nights stay so you can see how nice our facility is after our remodel. During the remodel, we got all new furniture, Beds, Flat Screen TV's, Refrigerators, Microwaves, and much more. We strive to always give great customer service and safety to every guest that stays with us.
Thanks again for the feedback, I hope that all the staff at the Inn at Moses Lake can from this experience.
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed 1 May 2008

I will not recommend staying, nor will I stay again due to the front clerk named Chris. Very rude...doesn't know what he is doing, and we had to pay for all his errors. Stayed for about a month, and the only problems we encountered was with billing, and him not knowing what he was doing. It would do the hotel some good to look for more qualified staff. Besides him all the other staff members were great...he just ruined the stay for all of our party.

• Liked — Quiet rooms
  • Disliked — Chris at the front desk
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank PULLMANGRRL
Moses-Lake-Inns, owner at Inn At Moses Lake, responded to this review, 11 July 2008
The front desk clerk Chris no longer works for the Inn at Moses Lake. We try to ensure that ALL of our front desk clerks are competent and friendly.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 October 2007

The Inn is just a good solid choice: large rooms, king beds, decent breakfast (with the same selection as the far more expensive SummerHill Suites, even with waffles), clean, guest computer in lobby. It's right off I-90 Exit 179---you can see it from the road. It's across the parking lot from a Denny's and Starbucks, so don't worry about food late at night.

The only downsides we found were that it's toll-free phone connects to the Holiday Inn Express, which apparently is owned by the same person. They gave me the Inn's toll-free number, but when I mentioned this to the clerk at the Inn, she was clueless about it, and didn't seem too concerned.

Also, the Inn is actually a two-building complex, and it's hard to tell which building to drive to to register. The reservations clerk didn't explain any of this, and it would have been irritating if the weather had been bad.

• Liked — Solid accommodations. No unpleasant surprises
  • Disliked — Confusing reservation process; cleark didn't explain which of two buildings to register
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your good review. I appreciate you mentioning the 2 building complex. We have actually located completely in one building now. We are next to the Holiday Inn Express. Our other location turned into the Ramada.
Thanks again!
Ennis MT
Reviewed 20 August 2007

We stayed at this property 2 different nights - once on our way to Vancouver, and again on our return to MT.

There was a little confusion when we checked in the first night, as there are 2 units across the parking lot from each other. We were booked into what they called "the Annex", which I think is the older part of the motel. It's a little cheaper than the newer section, with nice-sized rooms. These are well maintained, although the dark furnishings show their age a bit. There is a mini-fridge in the TV armoire, which I didn't find until the second night - so be aware that it's there!

There is a complimentary breakfast - fruit,cereal, muffins, juice and coffee. They also have hard-boiled eggs and you can make your own waffles from pre-mixed batter. The food was fine, but the eating area was pretty cramped and also it could use some cleaning up.

There is a computer in the lobby with free Internet access, which was a nice surprise.

There are several family-style restaurants within walking distance which offer reasonably priced meals.

I probably wouldn't choose this motel for a long-term stay, but it was quite adequate as a stopping-place to break up our longer trip.

• Liked — The free Internet access
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank heypaula717
Thanks for taking the time to give the Inn at Moses Lake your review. Thanks for mentioning the "anex" secondary building. As of 2008 we officially moved to only one location and the second building is now the Ramada Moses Lake.
Port Hadlock, Washington
Reviewed 2 June 2007

Stayed with my partner and her daughter for 1 night. About 3 days before arrival, I called to let them know that there would be 3 of us instead of 2 and that we needed an additional bed. I was told that I had no reservation for the day I was calling for, but instead had been reserved for a day 2 weeks prior (the day I made the inital reservation), had not shown up, and was charged for the room. The woman I spoke to was very nice and credited me for the charge, but I felt like I was lucky that I had made the call or else may have shown up to no room. When we arrived in the evening, we were told that our bed had 1 king and 1 pullout sofa, which was not what we asked for. The man at the counter offered no apologies or alternatives, and since it was late we took what we could get, although we were not happy about it. The room was clean, tidy and pleasant, but came with Christian literature (books) on the desk, which we felt was not appropriate, but no big deal. The hide a bed was uncomfortable, and we ended up putting the mattress on the floor. The "deluxe continental" breakfast was mediocre at best, with a waffle maker, old fruit and some other basics. We went across the parking lot to the Holiday Inn Express to use the small pool, and found that the breakfast there was much better, with biscuits & gravy and hot cinnamon rolls. Overall, a forgettable experience, felt like a standard chain hotel, next time I will stay at the Holiday Inn Express so I am near the pool and the better breakfast.

• Liked — ample parking
  • Disliked — service, breakfast
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank crisnmel
Thanks for your review for the Inn at Moses Lake. We hope that you can give us another opportunity to serve you and your family. We have completed an extensive remodel since your stay and now offer lots of new ammenities along with a full hot breakfast in the morning.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moses Lake
#12 of 16 in Moses Lake
Best Western Rama Inn
Best Western Rama Inn
#1 of 3 in Ephrata

Been to Inn At Moses Lake? Share your experiences!