“Incredibly relaxing and beautiful place!”
Review of Adytum Sanctuary

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mossyrock
Adytum Sanctuary
Ranked #1 of 1 Mossyrock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I read a couple of reviews before writing ours. I could not agree more with the statement "Kat's attention to detail is impeccable!" We had an amazing time and could not believe the change in cutlery for each breakfast. I know silly but that is attention to detail! The food was made with love and abundance. We were guinea pigs to their launch of fresh juiced shooters which included ginger and carrot with an epic fruit garnish. The resident animals were a great addition to our trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in the First Light room which was nice, however the Star of the North looked amazing! We w...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank livt0travel

Reviewed 4 January 2012

I would recommend this to anyone that wants to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy their company! Kat is the nicest person you'll find, and her attention to detail is impeccable! Just when we thought we could really use this or that, poof it was there like she read our minds. The amenities are terrific and Kat's cooking is as delicious as it gets. I would specifically recommend this experience to anyone with eating restrictions, because my girlfriend is gluten-free, allergic to most dairy and Kat was overly accommodating and her culinary creations were amazing! We think and talk about you often Kat, thanks for making our experience SO special!

Room Tip: I don't remember which one it was called, but it's on the bottom floor!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Raphael C
Reviewed 23 September 2011

As soon as you drive through the front gate, you immediately realize Adytum is going to be a special place that will capture your heart.

My husband and I have stayed in B&B's across the US and Europe. Adytum is the most luxurious in our price range of $250 or less per night. In many areas, a retreat such as this would easily charge two to three times the rate.

This being our first trip to the Pacific North west, we were only looking for a place to stay one night between trips to Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier. Kat me warned that one night wouldn't be enough. She was so right! Adytum is a destination unto its self. The house and grounds are lovely, with every amenity one could desire. The decorations are both tasteful and calming. The walls are painted in an old world style and the floors are scraped alder. The home is filled with beautiful artwork, musical instruments, and walls of windows to enjoy the view of Lake Mayfield. The breakfast was superb. Kat, a nutritional therapy practitioner, is willing to acommodate all dietary needs. She was very attentive to all our needs.

The grounds have been certified as a wildlife habitat. We didn't have time to wander the paths and fully explore the property. However, close to the house is a lovely garden, koi pond, and access to outdoor games. The view of the stars from the hot tub was spectacular, especially for us city folk who forget just how many stars there really are.

The Orion Suite was fabulous. We enjoyed wine on the patio watching the sun set over the lake. The double shower was great after using the in room sauna. We had easy access to the Turkish steambath on the second floor. The bedding, towels, robes, and even the pillows were luxurious. The refrigerator was stocked with healthy snacks and flavored waters. There was a Keurig coffee and tea bar, microwave, and yes men, a 50" plasma TV. We toured the Star of the North Suite, which was also spacious and had a lovely private balcony to view both the front and back yards. The First Light Suite was much smaller than the other 2 rooms, and would be perfect for a single person.

I have given many other places 5 points on Trip Advisor. Adytum deserves 10 points! It is in a class of it's own.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kerrinhp
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My husband and I had a fantastic time at Adytum. The view of the lake is amazing and Kat was so accommodating. We loved the salt water hot tub, making smores in the fire pit, the infrared sauna and the world class homemade breakfast that Kat prepared for us. If you are looking for a relaxing, rejuvenating place to stay, go to Adytum. You leave feeling like part of the family!

Room Tip: The Orion Suite was perfect for a romantic getaway
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melina3838
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I never would have known about this place if not for a Tippr coupon, but I will be back! Such an incredible experience. Every detail was perfect. We stayed in the Orion Suite, which included a private patio with a view of the lakes, a dining area, kitchenette, couch, TV, lots of videos, books and games. A huge two head shower, and the very best part-- an Infared Sauna. This was AMAZING! And we could use it whenever we wanted, right before bed it was the perfect thing to get us to sleep. The outdoor salt water hot tub had a view of the lakes and mountains and was perfect. The house is on 16 acres of land with trails, and there are many state/national parks in driving distance. We didn't even get to try the steam sauna upstairs, but it looked awesome. Kat, our hostess, bent over backwards to accommodate our dietary needs. She prepared vegan and raw dishes for breakfast spreads that were so abundant that we didn't need any food until dinner. The only down side is that there were no other restaurants in the area that could serve the kinds of food we needed, as one of us has serious food allergens. But with the kitchenette in the Orion Suite, you could easily pack in your own food for dinners, and with Kat's breakfasts, you can be assured of premium healthy foods! Kat and her husband were wonderful hosts-- it was a pleasure to run into them, though they gave us lots of privacy. The entire two-night stay was an amazing relaxing healing experience. Highly recommend this retreat!!
The best part of this place wa

Room Tip: Buy your favorite groceries before you arrive nd take advantage of the kitchenette. Not a lot of pl...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank signmeup2
Katcarroll, Owner at Adytum Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

It was such a pleasure getting to know you both! I have to admit...when your request for "raw/vegan" came in with your online reservation, I was challenged to get back into the raw food books on my shelves. You are committed to an amazingly healthy lifestyle which is an inspiration to us all. We are so happy you had your needs met at Adytum, plus had a wonderful memory making experience!

Reviewed 9 July 2011

Where do I begin? My trip has just started, and I am in awwww. Breathtaking rooms that coincide with the views. I strongly suggest the O'rion suite, absolutely gorgeous with its own deck and fire pit. Mini-fridge and pantry had goodies, fantastic wine, and even S'mores!!! I hear about the wonderful breakfasts, but haven't even got to that point, and wanted to write such a great review. Arrived in the afternoon and had already picnicked, played a few games of bocce ball, watched a movie, and roasted marshmallows. I'm not sure how else this trip could get any better, but I'm sure Kat and Don, our gracious hosts, will find a way.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Khoffman77
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Adytum is one of my new top 10 "Favorite Places on Earth". I know there are a lot of lovely places on Earth, but there are a few that get into the soul. Adytum was that sort of place to me. Honestly, I don't WANT to write this review, because you may go and decide you love it too and then I may not get to go when I next get the chance. However, I must share, because really, that is true charity.
My darling husband and I stayed in the Orion Suite in early May. What a room. It seemed like each time we wished for something... Poof, there it was: A wide screen LCD HD TV with a Blue Ray Player... yep, we wanted to veg a bit, a Keurig coffee maker for that "oh man I could go for a coffee right now" time, a sauna when Washington springs leave you a bit chilled, a shower you can run laps in, a bed that was SO ULTRA COMFY, a kitchenette with all the comforts of home, a bird book to help identify all the amazing birds that cover the grounds. The breakfasts that Kat made each morning were really wonderful. The sort that made you so happy you had tastebuds, but then left you feeling like you'd eaten well. We had the most amazing muffins and waffles from her gluten free pantry. She's one savvy lady in that kitchen. The coffee was so good, the extras were always perfect to accompany the meal. Really, I'm still thinking about what a great experience breakfast was. Kat is an amazing hostess. She knows when you need something... food, conversation... and she also knows "these people came here to be alone together". Just a beautiful person. Oh... and the carrot cakes she made for our anniversary... SO AMAZING. I bought all the ingredients to try my hand at them.
The grounds... don't miss this part. Take some time to stroll about. You'll see things you've never seen before. Kat and Donn have created a nature sanctuary up on this lovely hill. It's a treat to stroll about. It will quiet your soul and remind you how lucky we are to live on this blessed sphere. Birds, plants, other critters, fungi (I found some cool ones), a rippling creek... all sorts of beauty waiting for you to discover it. I walked for hours... no kidding. The koi pond kept me for a half an hour once, it was mesmerizing.
The infrared sauna was nice. I'd never used one, so I was a bit chicken to stay in for more than 15 min. The steam sauna was AMAZING. The jacuzzi is the sea salt sort. It felt so nourishing. I loved not smelling the chlorine. I just sat there laughing out loud at the pleasure of solitude, hot water, jets of water, and the view over the lake/Cowlitz River. I laughed out loud a lot during our stay, just from the sheer joy of being in this space.
The shared spaces of this B and B are amazing. Just so beautiful, impeccably designed. Windows everywhere, comfortable seating, books EVERYWHERE. Kat and Donn have excellent taste in art and music and both are evident in the place. There is ambient music softly playing in most spaces and it completely adds to the sensation of being in paradise. It's not overbearing like some places one has to visit. Did I forget anything? Oh, and did I mention the view.... stunning. I can't wait to return. Part of my heart is still there. My husband and I keep saying "let's go back to Adytum in our hearts". It just takes us back to a place where we were just together with each other, nature and a piece of peace.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rutabagasrgood
Katcarroll, Owner at Adytum Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Sharing your exalted experience of the destination Adytum in such incredible detail will not only seal the treasured time in your mind, but it will create a deeper, broader experience for each fortunate person who reads this. You are one that truly sees deeply and appreciates the land in minute detail....Since I share a love of the land too, and a commitment to respectful conservation, all the hard hand work (no chems here..) suddenly became light, completely worth every hour on these 16 acres!

And all the care we put into each vignette inside, each nook, was equally enjoyed and appreciated by you both, increasing our pleasure in the creating. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing your pleasure as you lingered over breakfasts, sharing, laughing and making Mmmmm's every few minutes!

This is why we wanted to share this sacred space- because we knew that there were like minded individuals needing the same things we do: to drink deeply from life, sink deep into peace, enjoy a romantic place to reconnect with our lover, ourselves, nature and God...Thank you for taking the time to articulate so very well the impact this piece of heaven on earth has on you!

Been to Adytum Sanctuary? Share your experiences!