“Country Retreat so close to home”
Review of Adytum Sanctuary

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mossyrock
Adytum Sanctuary
Ranked #1 of 1 Mossyrock B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Country Retreat so close to home”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My partner & I got this from a Tippr deal and we just wanted a romantic get-away weekend not too far from our South Seattle home. We stayed for two nights in the Orion suite. I would recommend staying at least two nights. The grounds were so peaceful and quiet. We walked down to a tree farm nearby after Kat's suggestion. We had great views from there as well as from the couch in the suite! I love how each suite has a private deck or patio, well-designed w/ a nice balance of privacy and community with others. Never any pressure to participate but also you will be warmly welcomed to join in with others. Other highlights were the coolest orange tabby cat as well as other animals (totally non-intrusive); the hot tub, very clean and easy in & out; tons of birds and their beautiful bird song; very safe, secure and quiet location, being surrounded by trees, native plants, and pathways. Our suite was very well-appointed and cozy with a powerful gas fireplace, nice movie selection as well as Direct TV! The sauna was awesome and the double shower was luxurious. We drove around the area checking out parks and local towns, Morton, Randall and Mossyrock. We shopped at a little thrift store/beauty parlor that also does nails! We discussed many interesting topics w/ our hosts: food, health, facial products, ionized water, magnetic mats & Earthing...it was all really cool. The hosts, Kat & Donn are very down-to-Earth, real folks who are open-minded & welcoming. They are available for you and will also give you as much space as you need. Breakfast on our last morning was totally gourmet, healthy, imaginative, and vegan. Every bite of all four dishes was amazing without being overly filling. The hosts have worked very hard to get where they are and they are doing something they really love while sharing their space with others. It is truly a special place.

Room Tip: the Orion suite is a lock-off unit w/ separate entrance and has a great kitchenette if you want to t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I read a couple of reviews before writing ours. I could not agree more with the statement "Kat's attention to detail is impeccable!" We had an amazing time and could not believe the change in cutlery for each breakfast. I know silly but that is attention to detail! The food was made with love and abundance. We were guinea pigs to their launch of fresh juiced shooters which included ginger and carrot with an epic fruit garnish. The resident animals were a great addition to our trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in the First Light room which was nice, however the Star of the North looked amazing! We w...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank livt0travel
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I would recommend this to anyone that wants to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy their company! Kat is the nicest person you'll find, and her attention to detail is impeccable! Just when we thought we could really use this or that, poof it was there like she read our minds. The amenities are terrific and Kat's cooking is as delicious as it gets. I would specifically recommend this experience to anyone with eating restrictions, because my girlfriend is gluten-free, allergic to most dairy and Kat was overly accommodating and her culinary creations were amazing! We think and talk about you often Kat, thanks for making our experience SO special!

Room Tip: I don't remember which one it was called, but it's on the bottom floor!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Raphael C
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed 23 September 2011

As soon as you drive through the front gate, you immediately realize Adytum is going to be a special place that will capture your heart.

My husband and I have stayed in B&B's across the US and Europe. Adytum is the most luxurious in our price range of $250 or less per night. In many areas, a retreat such as this would easily charge two to three times the rate.

This being our first trip to the Pacific North west, we were only looking for a place to stay one night between trips to Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier. Kat me warned that one night wouldn't be enough. She was so right! Adytum is a destination unto its self. The house and grounds are lovely, with every amenity one could desire. The decorations are both tasteful and calming. The walls are painted in an old world style and the floors are scraped alder. The home is filled with beautiful artwork, musical instruments, and walls of windows to enjoy the view of Lake Mayfield. The breakfast was superb. Kat, a nutritional therapy practitioner, is willing to acommodate all dietary needs. She was very attentive to all our needs.

The grounds have been certified as a wildlife habitat. We didn't have time to wander the paths and fully explore the property. However, close to the house is a lovely garden, koi pond, and access to outdoor games. The view of the stars from the hot tub was spectacular, especially for us city folk who forget just how many stars there really are.

The Orion Suite was fabulous. We enjoyed wine on the patio watching the sun set over the lake. The double shower was great after using the in room sauna. We had easy access to the Turkish steambath on the second floor. The bedding, towels, robes, and even the pillows were luxurious. The refrigerator was stocked with healthy snacks and flavored waters. There was a Keurig coffee and tea bar, microwave, and yes men, a 50" plasma TV. We toured the Star of the North Suite, which was also spacious and had a lovely private balcony to view both the front and back yards. The First Light Suite was much smaller than the other 2 rooms, and would be perfect for a single person.

I have given many other places 5 points on Trip Advisor. Adytum deserves 10 points! It is in a class of it's own.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kerrinhp
Jupiter, FL
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My husband and I had a fantastic time at Adytum. The view of the lake is amazing and Kat was so accommodating. We loved the salt water hot tub, making smores in the fire pit, the infrared sauna and the world class homemade breakfast that Kat prepared for us. If you are looking for a relaxing, rejuvenating place to stay, go to Adytum. You leave feeling like part of the family!

Room Tip: The Orion Suite was perfect for a romantic getaway
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank melina3838
Renton, Washington
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I never would have known about this place if not for a Tippr coupon, but I will be back! Such an incredible experience. Every detail was perfect. We stayed in the Orion Suite, which included a private patio with a view of the lakes, a dining area, kitchenette, couch, TV, lots of videos, books and games. A huge two head shower, and the very best part-- an Infared Sauna. This was AMAZING! And we could use it whenever we wanted, right before bed it was the perfect thing to get us to sleep. The outdoor salt water hot tub had a view of the lakes and mountains and was perfect. The house is on 16 acres of land with trails, and there are many state/national parks in driving distance. We didn't even get to try the steam sauna upstairs, but it looked awesome. Kat, our hostess, bent over backwards to accommodate our dietary needs. She prepared vegan and raw dishes for breakfast spreads that were so abundant that we didn't need any food until dinner. The only down side is that there were no other restaurants in the area that could serve the kinds of food we needed, as one of us has serious food allergens. But with the kitchenette in the Orion Suite, you could easily pack in your own food for dinners, and with Kat's breakfasts, you can be assured of premium healthy foods! Kat and her husband were wonderful hosts-- it was a pleasure to run into them, though they gave us lots of privacy. The entire two-night stay was an amazing relaxing healing experience. Highly recommend this retreat!!
The best part of this place wa

Room Tip: Buy your favorite groceries before you arrive nd take advantage of the kitchenette. Not a lot of pl...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank signmeup2
Katcarroll, Owner at Adytum Sanctuary, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
It was such a pleasure getting to know you both! I have to admit...when your request for "raw/vegan" came in with your online reservation, I was challenged to get back into the raw food books on my shelves. You are committed to an amazingly healthy lifestyle which is an inspiration to us all. We are so happy you had your needs met at Adytum, plus had a wonderful memory making experience!
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Where do I begin? My trip has just started, and I am in awwww. Breathtaking rooms that coincide with the views. I strongly suggest the O'rion suite, absolutely gorgeous with its own deck and fire pit. Mini-fridge and pantry had goodies, fantastic wine, and even S'mores!!! I hear about the wonderful breakfasts, but haven't even got to that point, and wanted to write such a great review. Arrived in the afternoon and had already picnicked, played a few games of bocce ball, watched a movie, and roasted marshmallows. I'm not sure how else this trip could get any better, but I'm sure Kat and Don, our gracious hosts, will find a way.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Khoffman77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mossyrock
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Silver Creek
Blue Heron chateau
Blue Heron chateau
#1 of 1 in Castle Rock

Been to Adytum Sanctuary? Share your experiences!